Whitecross - you are a gem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ulittledipper

All Australian
Apr 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This kid and his composure is fantastic. He will be a leader at Hawthorn make no mistake. The last person at Hawthorn I have seen that is similiar but different with reagrds to looking like he belongs is Rioli. Absolutely love him.:thumbsu:

He is fantastic! Whitecross, Moss, Tuck, Morton, Dowler have all impressed me this year, very happy! Future stars! :thumbsu: Forgive me if I omitted someone, my heads still spinning fron that intense first 10 minutes of that last quarter!

FFS - Finally something positive to post about!
Was great tonight - really rate him, composed, disposed well and got us out of the sh!@ more than once.
Also think Dowler did well bit that is another thread.

Hey plays like he has played 100 games. Love his disposal and poise.. makes correct decisions, doesn't panic. Solid Defensively. The best of all the young kids getting a run IMO

Reminds me so much of Birchall when he first came into the team, an absolute gem! My only concern is that Gold Coast might be keen to get their hands on him..

second the motion. what everyone else has said. looks better with every game passing. certinally gives the impression of being wasted at hbf. appears to have it all. good skills, poise, good decision making. hope he has the tank to play midfield. looks a great pick up by the recruiters!:thumbsu: (if we can keep him!!)

This kid and his composure is fantastic. He will be a leader at Hawthorn make no mistake. The last person at Hawthorn I have seen that is similiar but different with reagrds to looking like he belongs is Rioli. Absolutely love him.:thumbsu:

Agree. Reminds me of the impact that Birchall had when he came in at the end of 2006. Just seems to step straight in and belong. Is a great counterpoint to Birchall - similar in their great disposal but he has the upside of being better defensively IMO. Will soon start taking the game on and running through the middle a bit more. Hopefully we sign him up to keep him out of GC's reach.

Yeah, smart quick and good disposal. Very rare in a player at his age.

Morton and Dowler let themselves down a bit tonight with disposal but Whitecross was a beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another 20 touches and 95% efficiency:thumbsu:
he is going to make it hard for some of the regulars of the last couple of years to get back into the side!
with all the young guys playing well, we are really showing the depth of talent we have:D

Wasn't he touted as Crawf's replacement at recruitment time?

Very good size too.

I look forward to seeing him have a little run through the middle, maybe next week? While giving X man a run off halfback to ease him in?

I wonder if he'd be playing on the wing if Ladson was in the side??
AHhh LP your good...:thumbsu:i was think,n as i read this thread ....is Lado now under the pump, cos for mine if it came down to "WX" or Lado..:confused: i give my vote too "WX"......so there for, for Lado to play, a reshuffle is needed..a fit and healthy list might have the side look like.... ?????? BOY A WEEK IN FOOTY IS A LONG TIME :) aNOTHER POINTS IS WHY HASN,T WHITTY GOT A NAB NOM.....:confused::rolleyes:

Whitey has certainly been one of our shining lights this year and his first eight games have been as promising as any other 19 year old debutant I can recall. He is quick, strong, balanced, cool under pressure, has clean hands and very good disposal. I think he will be an absolute ripper because he is disciplined and runs hard to protect the ball carrier as well as provide an option. Another big plus is the fact that he is prepared to put his body on the line to win a contested ball and some of his defensive pressure against taller opponents has been fantastic.

I spoke to Whitey at the sponsor night and he said he was not interested in playing for the Gold Coast. He said he loves playing at Hawthorn and he would have to be crazy to leave such a great club which is well managed, has first class facilities and a very strong young playing list to go to a new club.

Buddy, a very good call that Whitey is worthy of number 9.

The similarity between his first season and Birchall's is uncanny. Kicks well, gets up for a good mark, can shrug a tackle.
Must move him up the field!

Remove this Banner Ad

Whitecross - you are a gem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back