Who are our top 10 most important players??

Remove this Banner Ad

njac3

Debutant
Oct 4, 2006
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
My top 10 are:
1. Alan Didak
2. Josh Fraser
3. James Clement
4. Anthony Rocca
5. Bucks
6. Ben Johnson
7. Simon Prestigiacomo
8. Heath Shaw
9. Dane Swan
10. Shane O Bree

Thoughts???

njac3 said:
My top 10 are:
1. Alan Didak
2. Josh Fraser
3. James Clement
4. Anthony Rocca
5. Bucks
6. Ben Johnson
7. Simon Prestigiacomo
8. Heath Shaw
9. Dane Swan
10. Shane O Bree

Thoughts???
Agree with Campbell, Fraser is our #1. We wont lose all our games without Dids so I cant see him as our #1, just yet.

1. Josh Fraser (Our ruck, most important)
2. Alan Didak (Flair. Best player at Collingwood)
3. James Clement (Holds the backline)
4. Nathan Buckley (Presence alone)
5. Heath Shaw (Run from the backline, underestimated)
6. Anthony Rocca (Similiar to Bucks, up forward)
7. Simon Prestigiacomo (Same as Clement)
8. Leon Davis (Not in our best 18 for some, but I see him as an important player)
9. Ben Johnson (Our main running midfielder/HB)
10. Dale Thomas (Like 'Magic', his presence and lightening plays, aswell as his excitment, makes him very important, even if he may not be in the best 10 players at the club)

PieLebo87 said:
Agree with Campbell, Fraser is our #1. We wont lose all our games without Dids so I cant see him as our #1, just yet.

1. Josh Fraser (Our ruck, most important)
2. Alan Didak (Flair. Best player at Collingwood)
3. James Clement (Holds the backline)
4. Nathan Buckley (Presence alone)
5. Heath Shaw (Run from the backline, underestimated)
6. Anthony Rocca (Similiar to Bucks, up forward)
7. Simon Prestigiacomo (Same as Clement)
8. Leon Davis (Not in our best 18 for some, but I see him as an important player)
9. Ben Johnson (Our main running midfielder/HB)
10. Dale Thomas (Like 'Magic', his presence and lightening plays, aswell as his excitment, makes him very important, even if he may not be in the best 10 players at the club)

Massive call having Heath over Rocca, also not sure Dale should make the top 10 just yet.

Yeh when Dale went out of the side for those couple of rounds we didn't really miss him that much. Don't get me wrong he will be a great player for the club and will be in the top 5 in the next couple of years.

In terms of winning in round 1 Rocca is number 1 from Clement. In terms of who I’d keep for future success Didak is number 1 from Thomas.

I reckon we could get 20 players to ruck about as well as Josh. Around the ground and versatility are another story.

lot of people sneaking leon davis in, although he was very good before he got injured this year, i wouldnt put him in top 10. replace him with obree or holland, they are both important in the midfield (although holland is a bit dumb) adn can both go foward and crumb

campbell023 said:
Yeh when Dale went out of the side for those couple of rounds we didn't really miss him that much. Don't get me wrong he will be a great player for the club and will be in the top 5 in the next couple of years.
Understood. I actually thought that we did go missing a little past the 60 metres when Thomas injuried himself, thats why I added him. He was the flair that was missing. He definitely isnt in our top 10 best yet, but I added him because he is in the top 10 in regards to importance on the field.

Heath over Pebbles is debateable, not sure that was a wise choice.

DThomas said:
1. Dale Thomas
2. Nathan Buckley
3. James Clement
4. Ryan Lonie
5. Dane Swan
6. Ben Johnson
7. Alan Didak
8. Josh Fraser
9. Heath Shaw
10. Leon Davis

Is that our most important 10, or your Favorite 10 players?

PieLebo87 said:
Understood. I actually thought that we did go missing a little past the 60 metres when Thomas injuried himself, thats why I added him. He was the flair that was missing. He definitely isnt in our top 10 best yet, but I added him because he is in the top 10 in regards to importance on the field.

Heath over Pebbles is debateable, not sure that was a wise choice.

He is a flair for us, but he might just be outside that top 10. Still a very important player to the Collingwood FC and will be for us for a very long time.

Seeing as everyone has done theirs for now, here's my 10 most important players in our side for the future:

#1: Dale Thomas (Legitimately the biggest potential match-winner on our list - We need him to become our new superstar)

#2: Heath Shaw (Brings that family tradition with him, and is a potential captain)

#3: Alan Didak (Like Daisy, a matchwinner - We need him to become a solid, consistent veteran)

#4: Travis Cloke (Needs to become a key forward that stands up and takes over games)

#5: Josh Fraser (Will become more wily as he ages - Could be another potential captain)

#6: Dane Swan (Can do almost everything, so will probably be used all over the place to help us)

#7: Scott Pendlebury (All class, looms as one of our more consistent ball winners for the future)

#8: John Anthony (Will hopefully develop as the backman that does our rebounding from defence)

#9: Sean Rusling (Hopefully he can become someone capable of kicking 50+ goals a year)

#10: Harry O'Brien (Quite possibly the most physically talented player we've got - If he develops, he could be magnificent)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Seeing as everyone has done theirs for now, here's my 10 most important players in our side for the future:

#1: Dale Thomas (Legitimately the biggest potential match-winner on our list - We need him to become our new superstar)

#2: Heath Shaw (Brings that family tradition with him, and is a potential captain)

#3: Alan Didak (Like Daisy, a matchwinner - We need him to become a solid, consistent veteran)

#4: Travis Cloke (Needs to become a key forward that stands up and takes over games)

#5: Josh Fraser (Will become more wily as he ages - Could be another potential captain)

#6: Dane Swan (Can do almost everything, so will probably be used all over the place to help us)

#7: Scott Pendlebury (All class, looms as one of our more consistent ball winners for the future)

#8: John Anthony (Will hopefully develop as the backman that does our rebounding from defence)

#9: Sean Rusling (Hopefully he can become someone capable of kicking 50+ goals a year)

#10: Harry O'Brien (Quite possibly the most physically talented player we've got - If he develops, he could be magnificent)

Spot on. I might have included Maxwell

Invigoration said:
Spot on. I might have included Maxwell
Doubt it - He's a 3rd tall defender, and he doesn't have superb athleticism, strength or skill.

Unless he can defy the odds, he's in danger of losing his spot to Harry or JA, IMO.

for 07 our 10 most important players are

1. J.Fraser
2. A.Rocca
3. D.Swan
4. J.Clement
5. B.Johnson
6. H.Shaw
7. S.O'Bree
8. T.Cloke
9. S.Prestigiacomo
10. N.Buckley

dopplegadder is the only 1 whos right having rocca so high up! We lose him in 07 we are stuffed!
Most important in my eyes then fraser!

vinnie_vegas69 said:

Love your work Vinnie_Vegas69, add to that draft picks 8 and 10 of this years draft and pretty much sums up our future. Massive gamble to get pick 8 and lose Tarrant, but believe it was the right time seeing talk of this super-draft. Lets just pray that Pies don't pull any surprises, I believe they should go for best available, they must. Cannot go picking what would be a no. 13 at 8, otherwise Trade week would haunt us for many many years.

DThomas said:
My top 10 and im hoping that its our top 10
Dale is easily my fave

Its your opinion but Lonie would be lucky to be in our top 22 let alone top 10, he is our weakest link im still spewing he is at the club. The whole of the AFL knows this (even his team mates) just look at last years final against the dogs, when they gave it to the soft P@!$# not 1 of our players said boo to them becuase thay all thought "gee he has a point Lonie"!

legitimatic said:
I'd say Medhurst hahaha :p

Not as funny as it seems. With Didak out for a fair bit of the season and Leon Davis just not that consistant. Medhurst will be a very important player for the pies this coming season.

We talking our 10 most important to win next year, or just in general over the course of the enxt 10 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are our top 10 most important players??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back