Who are the "can do no wrong" fan favorites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Who are they? They anti-whipping boy that seems to continually play horribly but immune to criticism?
Chris Judd spent a solid 6 seasons just going through the motions but was everyone's hero as an example.

Majak Daw spent 10 seasons on lists with potential. Understandably he had issues off-field, but on field he was immune from criticism

Jarman Impey seems to be last dropped in fan selection sheets despite continually doing nothing, skirting contests etc.

Trent Cotchin
Zach Merrett
Caleb Daniel

Daniel was shocking against the Dees and deserves to be dropped, but is one of Bevo's favourites and as such will not be demoted.

Daw was on the rookie list for the first 5 years of his career, and then re-drafted as a rookie. Helps explain his long tenure.

If I came home and found Tippa in bed with my wife I'd tuck him in.
Me too buddy (my wife’s fave player so wouldn’t be a complete shock) and it was probably a slightly harsh nom but he has always been immune from criticism. Love the come back story and respect all he’s been through but I’ve just never felt like there is any balance in his perception from the fan base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure I'll get smashed for this but Dusty. At least by Richmond fans and the AFL media. His lack of defensive running, pressure and tackling seems to never get highlighted whether the tigers are going good or bad, but I have seen plenty of players who play a similar role get smashed for those same things. He's not the only one I'm sure there are a couple of guys that get away with running only one way, but I think elite mids need to be two way runners, otherwise it feels like they're a glorified HFFer who does some clearance work.

I'm sure I'll get smashed for this but Dusty. At least by Richmond fans and the AFL media. His lack of defensive running, pressure and tackling seems to never get highlighted whether the tigers are going good or bad, but I have seen plenty of players who play a similar role get smashed for those same things. He's not the only one I'm sure there are a couple of guys that get away with running only one way, but I think elite mids need to be two way runners, otherwise it feels like they're a glorified HFFer who does some clearance work.
Was it his 6 in that final some years back?

I really like him but I think Jiath is probably a Hawthorn candidate for this.

He's exciting, he takes the game on, he is super athletic and super fit and has all the tools to be an elite player.

However, he also has brain fades, runs himself into trouble (i.e. takes too many players on when there is a team mate he could have given it to) and can occasionally fumble or go to ground too easily.

Overall, I'd much rather him in the team and most games his influence is a net positive despite the above issues.

But there is no doubting the commentators get super excited when is breaking lines or even has the ball and seem to almost never say a word when he runs himself into trouble or makes a silly mistake (that most other AFL players don't make).

The entire west coast eagles team ,according to the seven west media

If NicNat punched someone one field and broke his hand the west's headline would be about the thug that headbutted his hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the "can do no wrong" fan favorites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back