Who are the "can do no wrong" fan favorites?

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the media narrative … Cotchin has perhaps gone one year too long and Pendles could play until he’s 40yo… 2022 averages:

Pendles / Cotchin:

Disposals: 23.1 / 22.7
Marks: 3.1 / 3.1
Tackles: 4.7 / 2.8
Inside 50’s: 3.2 / 3.6
Goals: 0.1 / 0.3
Goal assists: 0.8 / 0.9
Contested: 9.2 / 10.8
Clearances : 3.4 / 5.0
SI’s: 5.5 / 5.2
Metres: 323 / 263

So Pendles is definitely one that can do no wrong with supporters and the entire media throng.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funny how you leave out:

74.9%
Disposal Efficiency %​
60.4%​
AFL Fantasy Score​
78.4​
Supercoach Score​
81.2​
Intercepts​
3.0​

The entire west coast eagles team ,according to the seven west media

Aaron Kirby for Perth Now sounds like a complete no clue imbecile getting paid $50 by newscorp for writing such drivel.

Who reads that online rag anyway?

What’s the media narrative … Cotchin has perhaps gone one year too long and Pendles could play until he’s 40yo… 2022 averages:

Pendles / Cotchin:

So Pendles is definitely one that can do no wrong with supporters and the entire media throng.

Oooooooo, averages eh? Oh now you'll have to help me with the maths but averages are easier to maintain if you PLAY MORE GAMES aren't they???;)
But Pendles only played an extra 5 games more than Cotch so its not significant is it?....it's only like another 21% of a season....so of course there'd be no way that percentages could drop in THAT MANY games now would there?

Funny how you leave out:

74.9%
Disposal Efficiency %​
60.4%​
AFL Fantasy Score​
78.4​
Supercoach Score​
81.2​
Intercepts​
3.0​

Cotchin plays more of an inside role (hence higher contested possessions and clearances), so of course his DE% will be lower. And when you quote fantasy points and SuperCoach scores I think it’s time you probably exit this debate.

Oooooooo, averages eh? Oh now you'll have to help me with the maths but averages are easier to maintain if you PLAY MORE GAMES aren't they???;)
But Pendles only played an extra 5 games more than Cotch so its not significant is it?....it's only like another 21% of a season....so of course there'd be no way that percentages could drop in THAT MANY games now would there?

Oh my. I think you need some maths education.

19 games and 24 games is a very large sample size to establish averages for a season. If Cotchin played 5 more games averaging just 20 touches and not 22.7, his possession average for the season goes from 22.7 to 22.1.

And if Cotchin played 5 more games who is to say he wouldn’t have increased his averages slightly and not lowered them?

In fact, if you take out Pendles last 5 games then his possession average drops to 21.89 from 19 games - below Cotchin.

So remind me again, what’s your logic in saying his averages wound have definitely gone down and not up if he’d played 5 more games?

From oppo georgiadies at port
port fans whipping boy but I have unwavering support for the young fella.
From the anchors AB even with a low disposal poor efficiency game I give him a break because I can bank on him having a go!
Do you even understand the thread?

Funny how you leave out:

74.9%
Disposal Efficiency %​
60.4%​
AFL Fantasy Score​
78.4​
Supercoach Score​
81.2​
Intercepts​
3.0​
Lets be realistic, tho. Given what we are talking about here - the difference between how both players are perceived, those stats shouldn't make that much difference.

Cotchin plays more of an inside role (hence higher contested possessions and clearances), so of course his DE% will be lower. And when you quote fantasy points and SuperCoach scores I think it’s time you probably exit this debate.

Yeah it's not the be-all-end-all but to dismiss it is asinine. I love the experts on BigFooty; they know better than anyone.

Oh my. I think you need some maths education.

19 games and 24 games is a very large sample size to establish averages for a season. If Cotchin played 5 more games averaging just 20 touches and not 22.7, his possession average for the season goes from 22.7 to 22.1.

And if Cotchin played 5 more games who is to say he wouldn’t have increased his averages slightly and not lowered them?

In fact, if you take out Pendles last 5 games then his possession average drops to 21.89 from 19 games - below Cotchin.

So remind me again, what’s your logic in saying his averages wound have definitely gone down and not up if he’d played 5 more games?

Good lad....so apparently in 2023 "If" means so much more logically than DID
If we all go about making up stuff....will that make it correct? (The Donald Trump theory)

And since 19 games to 24 games is such a "very large sample size to establish averages for a season" then I'd guess that 288 to 359 games would give us an even better comparison??

But according to AFL Tables Pendles betters the great Cotch in almost every category??? Why is this so???

If Cotchin plays a game this season like Pendlebury did on Friday night I will eat my hat. Pendlebury is two years older and clearly the better player both now and since forever. There’s a reason Pendlebury “can do no wrong” and it’s because he’s one of the best and most skilled midfielders of the modern era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are they? They anti-whipping boy that seems to continually play horribly but immune to criticism?
Chris Judd spent a solid 6 seasons just going through the motions but was everyone's hero as an example.

Majak Daw spent 10 seasons on lists with potential. Understandably he had issues off-field, but on field he was immune from criticism

Jarman Impey seems to be last dropped in fan selection sheets despite continually doing nothing, skirting contests etc.
Bailey Smith.

Close the thread. It's just been won.

Pendles / Cotchin:

Basketball background: Yes / No

Pendlebury owns this thread yes he was good Friday night but in general he's spent the entire second half of his career being average while comms like Dwayne Russell fawn over him and describe his every mistake as "non-pendlebury like"
Not completely untrue, this. He regressed after around 2015, but he's been great since last season, his finals series was incredible

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the "can do no wrong" fan favorites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back