Who are the Hawks 8 untouchables?

Remove this Banner Ad

And don't mistaken, there list doesn't mean that they would do a straight trade for O'Keefe. It could be that if they want say Croad, the hawks would exprct a draft pick from the swans as well.

Depends which paper you read mate. Apparently Hawthorn has never been in the picture and hes going to the PSD if Carlton cant get a last minute deal done. Cant wait for the speculation to end and the trades to finally come through.

Considering the Hawks lack of decent KP backmen, I would suggest Croad would be untouchable.

I doubt very much Clarkson would have said that anyway.

Depends which paper you read mate. Apparently Hawthorn has never been in the picture and hes going to the PSD if Carlton cant get a last minute deal done. Cant wait for the speculation to end and the trades to finally come through.

Or maybe he'd stay at Sydney? ................

I'd lay fairly large money that Thorp isn't on that list.

This idea of players being untouchable is rubbish (with out taking into account spiritual leaders). Any player has a price. Heck, if you give us Ablett, Judd and three first round picks we might give up Buddy:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt this would be the list.

Mitchell
Hodge
Franklin
Sewell
Brown
Bateman
Roughead
Rioli

If anybody wanted to get their hands on Croad, Young, Lewis, Ladson, Williams, Birchall and Ellis, they would have to come up with a very good pick or a special player. The reality is, there're all required players for Hawthorn.

Load of rubbish from the media.
There simply is no list.

S.Maxfield:

"First of all, we said we were prepared to do a straight player-for-player swap," Maxfield said. "Then it was for their first pick and a player, and we're yet to see the list of players they were sending us. We'll have to wait and see what happens. No deal is done, so I suppose Ryan is entering a bit of a grey area."

Franklin
Roughead
Croad
Brown
Hodge
Mitchell
Sewell
Lewis

I'm off the belief that as a 1st year rookie, Rioli can't be traded so I left him off.

Pretty funny (if The Age is to be believed) that the Pelican wrote down seven "untouchables" and then added Lewis only after the Swans suggested a direct swap.

Pelican: "here's the seven untouchables guys"

Roos: "mmm, great, ok, then we'll go for Lewis - a direct swap"

Clarko: "you idiot Pelch!"

Pelican: "aw yeah, he's on the list too ... so it's eight untouchables"

Roos: "you sure about that?"

Pelican (looks to Clarko): "um, yeah, I think so, maybe ... dunno"

a team that just won a premiership and was built from the ground up and could now possibly win them another 1 or 2 premierships with those players is not gonna say there is only 8 players you cant touch i would say the 22 players that were on that field for the grand final would be regarded as untouchables.

I think the untouchable list is about 25-30. They will just say the player doesn't want to be traded unless it is one of the guys they want to trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the Hawks 8 untouchables?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back