Who are the top 10 midfielders in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

So if a Brownlow winner retires at the end of the year they are still top 10 the following year?

Surely current form matters.
Mate come on...

Of course current form matters but is Dusty no longer a top 10 mid in the game if he starts a season with a quiet month? Of course not.

Surely the previous season has to come in to it somewhat.

Surely what was done last year doesnt matter.

Does Neale start with 5 extra Brownlow votes ?

In the 5 games this year Walsh is well ahead of Cripps. And JOM would be in the top 10.
If last year doesn’t matter why would last week matter? Just base it on the last game, better yet, last quarter.

Sustained excellence is pretty important in judging of these things

Mate come on...

Of course current form matters but is Dusty no longer a top 10 mid in the game if he starts a season with a quiet month? Of course not.

Surely the previous season has to come in to it somewhat.

He is still kicking a goal a game and getting 25 possessions.

He may not be at his peak right now but his peak is off the charts.

He is still kicking a goal a game and getting 25 possessions.

He may not be at his peak right now but his peak is off the charts.
Oh yes of course, i didn't mean he was having a poor start. Just hypothetically if clearly the best player in the game has a quiet start to the year are they no longer top 10 just because of 4 weeks of footy?

Based purely off the first 5 games off this year and forgetting all reputation i am sure you can find quite a few players that have been better than Dusty so far this year, does that mean he is not a top 5 mid in the game? Of course not because he has shown over recent years what a star he is.

More David Mundy required.
I know that won't be a popular choice especially on the East Coast but the guy has always been skilled, reliable, and a super kick.
This year at age 35 he has taken it to another level.
It's not all about stats this guy nearly always makes the right choices and delivers with pin point accuracy.

Currently leading the AFL Brownlow Predictor and second behind Max Gawn in the coaches votes.
Coaches have usually got a bit of football knowledge.

Yeah, those two just missed the cut for me, would be 10-12 I think.
what Petraccas body of work over the last 18 months isn't enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even as a dees supporter, Oliver is a far better centre clearance player than petracca. yes petracca hits the scoreboard and can rest forward but as purely a mid, oliver is better.

People rate Petracca more for the same reason they rate Bontempeli above Macrae. They are capable of having 30 touches and 3 goals in a game and it not being a one off fluke.

Petracca has never done that.
Good thing you guys over looked him for a KPF with pick number 1 then, isn't it?

I am happy for him to continue having 25+ & 2 more than every second week

People rate Petracca more for the same reason they rate Bontempeli above Macrae. They are capable of having 30 touches and 3 goals in a game and it not being a one off fluke.
Oliver is more of a kill you by a thousand cuts, whereas Petracca can tear a game apart with 20 touches

Ditto with Bont and Macrae

Good thing you guys over looked him for a KPF with pick number 1 then, isn't it?

I am happy for him to continue having 25+ & 2 more than every second week
You defensive enough? Petracca is obviously a star. No ones doubting that. Someone said he’s rated high because he gets 30 touches and three goals in games sometimes. He’s literally never done that. It doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player, he just hasn’t done that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the top 10 midfielders in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back