Who comes in if (as suspected) Pontings finger is broken? And who bats at 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity White played the worst shot in the entire match in the match in the first innings to get out...

Pity Khawaja has a better average this season with more hundreds....

Pity one is a no3 and one is not, making it easier for White to score runs as the shine is off the ball.

And yet when the spot light was put on khawaja he failed miserably...while under the same situation white tonned up.

as for bad shots, hughes and smith are just lol in the 3rd test.

and how's clarke going at no.4? averaging about 20 at no.4 right? pure class...

20.47 in 13 test matches for clarke at no.4, pushing him down to hide him from the new ball. its big and shiny and scary...

And yet when the spot light was put on khawaja he failed miserably...while under the same situation white tonned up.

Yet how did the great hope White go in the first dig...missed a straight one, at least Khawaja got a good ball. Hughes and Smith should not be in the side, but neither should White! Clarke does average 50, but at the end of the series. Ferguson or Sean Marsh can come in (whoever has a better FC season)

Yet how did the great hope White go in the first dig...missed a straight one, at least Khawaja got a good ball. Hughes and Smith should not be in the side, but neither should White! Clarke does average 50, but at the end of the series. Ferguson or Sean Marsh can come in (whoever has a better FC season)

and yet khawaja still got 0 and 13.

clarke averages 50? when? Im sure if there is a flat pitch and he is dropped down to 5 and he comes in at 3/200 he'll score a slashing and stylish 100.

Clarke can't hold down no.4, he needs to be 5 and 6.

You really should try and keep up more, Clarkey doesnt average 50 anymore, in a bit of a free fall atm, will probably hit 40 by this time next year

inb4 eddiesmith's and dan warna's pathetic ramblings and cheerleading for that decent state cricketer but not a test player's arse in White.

Oh....

I guess I should throw a few of these in :D :D :D

Can't wait for Usgun's debut, be it on Boxing Day or slightly later. But god damn I'm itching for a punter ton.

and yet khawaja still got 0 and 13.

clarke averages 50? when? Im sure if there is a flat pitch and he is dropped down to 5 and he comes in at 3/200 he'll score a slashing and stylish 100.

Clarke can't hold down no.4, he needs to be 5 and 6.

Where have I defended Michael Clarke? I am the first one to bag him as I believe he has got a free run in the test side in the past, and he is in poor form at the moment. However he does average 45+, and not many of the so called other options in State cricket will do the same thing.

Khawaja is MUCH better than White. Want me to bring up White's test record again?

even if ponting had a broken finger he would still play.

him an clarke are very selfish cricketers.
will play when clearly not fit to the detriment of the team.

But khawaja should come in an bat at 4
Hussey should bat at 3.

Only problem is its always scary moving a guy from the spot hes been doing so well.

So possibly best option is to move the unreliable clarke upto 3.

Reason khawaja at 4 is hes still young an theres question marks over his ability to handle pressure, wont get much higher pressure than debut test,packed mcg an a chance to go ahead in the ashes series.
So dont really want him coming in with the score at 1 for 10runs

Can't wait for Usgun's debut, be it on Boxing Day or slightly later. But god damn I'm itching for a punter ton.

Me too, and how spine tingling would it be if he could find his form in the most important test over the past 4 years. Ponting at his best is a sight to see, we might not see him at his best much anymore but I hope we get to see him raise the bat at the MCG in a few days.

Me too, and how spine tingling would it be if he could find his form in the most important test over the past 4 years. Ponting at his best is a sight to see, we might not see him at his best much anymore but I hope we get to see him raise the bat at the MCG in a few days.

It'd be one of the genuine all time great Aussie sporting moments, that's for sure.

20.47 in 13 test matches for clarke at no.4, pushing him down to hide him from the new ball. its big and shiny and scary...

One bad match over-writes his great performances over the last couple of years, does it?

The only good thing about having the Redbacks as your State side is you can be pretty impartial about the National Team, as most of our hacks are way too shit to even be considered.

Khawaja is clearly the right decision - he'll be our next #3, for a decade.

One bad match over-writes his great performances over the last couple of years, does it?

The only good thing about having the Redbacks as your State side is you can be pretty impartial about the National Team, as most of our hacks are way too shit to even be considered.

Khawaja is clearly the right decision - he'll be our next #3, for a decade.

Following WA puts you in the same position at the moment.

I've been trying for months to find a way to manipulate stats to make our players look better - but they are sh1t no matter which way you look at it.

If the batsmen were bowlers and bowlers were batsman - their averages would be elite.

So funny.....havn't we got enough NSW batsmen in the side out of form. And some want yet another one:eek:

Fact is since Koala has been in 'test contention' he has failed miserably.
This is evidence enough that he is 'not ready'..(more mentally) Its just too big a game to risk him

But if he gets a gig then of course i wish him the best and hopes he does well.

Lol, since he's been in test contention he's failed miserably?

He's been in test contention since the beginning of the summer. Let's have a look at his Shield stats this summer:

598 runs at an average of 74.75. Leading run scorer.

If that's failing miserably, we're in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the same vics on this forum building this ridiculous stereotype of stupidity.

Clearly Khawaja is the next man in line for the batting.
Cameron White is close but unfortunately does not yet have a technique suited to Test cricket. He is too prone to geting bowled and cannot play the short ball well enough.

It's the same vics on this forum building this ridiculous stereotype of stupidity.

Clearly Khawaja is the next man in line for the batting.
Cameron White is close but unfortunately does not yet have a technique suited to Test cricket. He is too prone to geting bowled and cannot play the short ball well enough.

no ones perfect. he has flaws. same as hughes

no ones perfect. he has flaws. same as hughes

Don't really think Hughes should be in the team either.

Look I like Cam White but I think Australia has 3 or 4 guys ahead of him on the fringe. I just don't see him as a no 3. Maybe a future no 5 or 6. Can't see him getting ahead of Hussey and Smith at the moment.

Lol, since he's been in test contention he's failed miserably?

He's been in test contention since the beginning of the summer. Let's have a look at his Shield stats this summer:

598 runs at an average of 74.75. Leading run scorer.

If that's failing miserably, we're in trouble.
Good, accurate post. Thankyou. :thumbsu:

This thread's getting a bit embarrassing though, the Vic/NSW sledging has become really tiresome.

I may be the first VIC to say this but Cameron White should not play test cricket again! He may be a wonderful domestic player, and a handy one day internation rep. but there are alot of guys ahead of him on the list.

Feguson
S. Marsh
Uzman
D.Hussey

To name a few....

Whites technique is not up to test match cricket. 5 days of playing against the best. This is the arena where you get exposed (hughes). That 100 he made against the poms, they were basically a B grade attack that some of our shield sides would rival.

As much as i like his captaincy, he is not the answer for Aus cricket!

If we want to win the seris it's defiantly David Hussey but we do need to look at future, so bring in Khwaja. He will be our next number 3 and realistically he should of come in instead of Steve Smith for Perth.

Thread needs more Cosgrove love. If he hadn't of been treated so badly by the Redbacks, he'd be playing for Australia now.

I support the Khawaja decision and do not understand the Cam White support. Simply does not have the footwork to be a test batsmen and unlike others that have made it despite technique, hasn't made a mountain of runs to say pick me (regardless of technique).

Thread needs more Cosgrove love. If he hadn't of been treated so badly by the Redbacks, he'd be playing for Australia now.

Treated badly? The guy was a lazy fat prick, who hit the sauce pretty much every night.

Professional sportsman have to have dedication. He had none. Best decision for everyone that he moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back