Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lonie
Bentley
Thomson
Gray
Mahoney

They are the only blokes that you would consider.

You cannot bring lonie in, we are undefeated since he vacated the side and psychologically he will deflate us and encourage the cats.

Wet weather would favour Adam Thomson.

I like a smokey and would go with Robbie Gray.

i know my man Nick Lower isn't a real chance but god if ever there was a perfect direct swap it would be this, however he hasn't had any football for over a month, god knows why really, other than the injury, don't know why he wasn't playing.

Thompson for me

Carlile. Gray will be a disaster IMO, although he is a great player but he hasnt played much footy since getting injured and please no lonie :(

Of all the options, I'd like to see Carlile. It's not ideal, but Carlile is the most battle-hardened of the possibilities, he could be useful against Geelong's tall forwards, he works comfortably with the other backs, he could free up Peter to do even more rebounding (Peter would sort of take over Wilbur's role -- he and Wilson have done similar jobs for the last two months anyhow).

We've got some wonderful talents waiting for their chance, but perhaps a Grand Final is not the place to begin. At this point.

Carlile to me is a cert, the extra defender comes in handy just in case wakes breaks down,plus he hasnt done nothing that wrong not to be in the side anway.

And Logan! Logan is a perfect replacement for Wilson (which is not the same as saying he's anywhere near what Wilson is to the side), so Logan, already there, and Carlile, the extra tall defender, should do the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matty Thomas, hands down.
:confused:

I'm a huge Thomas fan, see him every week for the Legs, but since injury he hasn't been quite as good as he was earlier in the year. His disposal by foot has been suspect and I doubt you want someone who's played once in 3 weeks to come in for the GF.

He looked out of depth in his 3 games with the Power earlier this year, and now of all times you want him back?

Just seems the perfect replacement. Aslong as its not Lonie, I don't really mind who comes in.

i know my man Nick Lower isn't a real chance but god if ever there was a perfect direct swap it would be this, however he hasn't had any football for over a month, god knows why really, other than the injury, don't know why he wasn't playing.

Thompson for me

Nick played in the reserves final for Norwood today at the Bay. He played very well as you would expect. He was an emergency one week, Gastro the next then a sligh hamstring. I'd love to see him come in.

Carlile I'd say.

Pettigrew can play on Wilbur's smaller forward and give Bob who Petters would have had.

If the match-ups don't suit that it'll be Robbie Gray I reckon.

If it's going to be raining throughout the day (heavily) I'd pick Mahoney.

Otherwise Thomson, with the extra defender 'slack' taken up by Logan, Junior, etc. spending some time down back.

If it's dry and Thomson isn't fit, then Symes to come in.

Under no circumstances Lonie. If you could point to one thing only that has been the key to our success since he's been out, it's how the team has responded to pressure. Earlier in the year we crumbled under it, now we eat it for a 3 quarter time snack and use it to win. Some might argue he could play a Schoey in 2004 type role, but Schoey wasn't afraid of pressure, even if playing as the link man he didn't get much contested ball.

Bringing in another tall would leave us without enough midfield rotations and likely to fade as the game progresses. Coming off a days less rest and having to travel to boot it'd be the wrong choice, IMO, despite Carlile deserving a go.

Nick Lower had 47 possessions for the Norwood Reserves today, sure the standard is worlds away from the standard he'll encounter next Saturday at the 'G but it shows he's fit and firing. He's versatile and has played down back all year for Norwood. He's the man, if not go with Gray, he's got the X factor and will win a Brownlow one day

There's no real neat fit that presents itself.

As such, I nominate a KRAK ATTAK

Should be Symes, but for some ****ed up reason he is out of favour.

Carlile could be a call, being a tall back.

Perhaps Robert Gray in the mix.

Lonie would be suicide. A grand final requires the players to put everything on the line. EVERYTHING. lonie hasn't shown it this year, so doesn't deserve his spot in the team for such an occasion requiring such hardness.

As long as it is not Lonie, I'm not really bothered lol. Some dude will be very lucky to get into the 22, good luck to him

Remove this Banner Ad

Who comes in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back