Who do we want to play week 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would prefer to have another crack at Fremantle at subi. If we have a full bench I think we will be able to run over the top of them.

Sydney beat Lions = Sydney @ ANZ
Lions beat Sydney = Freo @ Subi

Who do we barrack for tonight?

no chance of playing the hawks????

either way i want the swans, seen as we cant beat the dockers, its a grudge match between harvey and ratts and given they have a hostile crowd home ground advantage and we would have to travel again after everything we through at them last night.
sydneys an hour at worse, at best 45 minutes flight, the perth flights more like 4 hours or so.
on the big ground of anz stadium we have a chance to run the swans off their feet.
what works for us in this game tonight is that the swans will have also travelled to and from sydney back again by the weeks out.

therefore who recovers quicker its just as much a disadvantage for the swan travelling as it is for us last night.
dockers will be fresher and even better prepared and more so confident than ever to play us again.

I want the swans, and we need a few club legends to hammer us like the week against the dons.

swans for me champ.

Predicting Floodney and the Hawks to win. I'd be staggered if the Lions win, and the Hawks have too much class for the Pies. So... I guess that means a final against Floodney up there. Best case would be to play the Purple Game Throwers over at Subi again. When the game broke open late in the game, it was obvious they didn't have the talent or pace to go with us. We were beaten by the clock. And they won't be able to rest 1/2 their team next time so that unfair advantage will be taken out of the equation.

Anyway, if we can get through week 1, our chance in week 2 will actually be better IMO i.e. playing at the G. We're well suited to big grounds. The real tragedy was blowing our opportunity to secure a top-4 spot. That makes it all so much harder.

:)

I'm concerned with how Ratts was talking after the game about next season, is he conceding we won't win next week.

I didn't hear his whole conference so maybe I haven't got the full context of what he said.

I'd prefer to play Freo, mentally they are more fragile than Sydney.

In all honesty I don't think we are ready to win a final this year.

either way i want the swans, seen as we cant beat the dockers, its a grudge match between harvey and ratts and given they have a hostile crowd home ground advantage and we would have to travel again after everything we through at them last night.
sydneys an hour at worse, at best 45 minutes flight, the perth flights more like 4 hours or so.
on the big ground of anz stadium we have a chance to run the swans off their feet.
what works for us in this game tonight is that the swans will have also travelled to and from sydney back again by the weeks out.

therefore who recovers quicker its just as much a disadvantage for the swan travelling as it is for us last night.
dockers will be fresher and even better prepared and more so confident than ever to play us again.

Agree with most of this and the open space of ANZ stadium will suit us more than the Swans. The Swans game plan is based on shutdown tacticts and flooding and this is harder to do on a big ground. The supporters in Sydney are no where near as feral either screaming for free kicks like the Failmantle tools that influence the Umps. I am more confident of beating Sydney at ANZ than Freo at Subi. Either way though it will be tough.

Predicting Floodney and the Hawks to win. I'd be staggered if the Lions win, and the Hawks have too much class for the Pies. So... I guess that means a final against Floodney up there. Best case would be to play the Purple Game Throwers over at Subi again. When the game broke open late in the game, it was obvious they didn't have the talent or pace to go with us. We were beaten by the clock. And they won't be able to rest 1/2 their team next time so that unfair advantage will be taken out of the equation.

100 minutes not long enough for you?

I am a bit selfish, for two reasons!
1.I live in Perth so I want to see the game here so I can see them twice in two weeks and save about 600 on flights
2. If the game is in Sydney I will go. I however have avoided Sydney like the plague for about 5 years because I have family there I don't like. They all know that if Carlton where playing a final there i would go, so I would struggle to get a way out of doing the family stuff!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm I'm not as confident against Syd as I would be against Freo, but you just never know in a final, ANZ stadium should suit our style of play

Question about finals tickets; can the general public purchase tickets to the game at ANZ stadium? I'm a member but the old lady isn't... (This really might be a stupid question so don't shoot me.)

edit: Yes they can. Tuesday the tickets open for general public. Premium tickets won't sell out by then will they?

Well, it's not such a bad outcome. Freo would have been easier to beat, but at least we're playing on a bigger ground, and the travel time is much less. Also have a decent break between games. We're also starting to hit some decent form at the right time. Reckon week 2 of the finals will be much easier if we can get through this one.

:)

Bugger. It's on Father's Day and I have to travel to see mine. I hope I can either watch the game in the local RSL with the sound down or will have to record it and watch it when I get home and avoid all scores.

Bugger. It's on Father's Day and I have to travel to see mine. I hope I can either watch the game in the local RSL with the sound down or will have to record it and watch it when I get home and avoid all scores

I hate having to avoid the score - the stress of doing it with a final would drive me insane. Still, watching the game in the background without any sound would be a distant second option for me...

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we want to play week 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back