Who do you think is leading our B & F at the moment?

Who is leading?

• Jamie Charman

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Jason Akermanis

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Simon Black

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Nigel Lappin

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Mal Michael

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Jonathan Brown

• Chris Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Voss

• Luke Power

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Richard Hadley

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Martin Pike

• Brad Scott

• Justin Leppitsch

• Robert Copeland

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Shaun Hart

• Tim Notting

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I pick Lappin.

Having said that, I've been disappointed with many of his disposals this year.

It should actually be wide open at this stage and yep, I agree Charman would be right up there.

It's just that I think B&F (and most awards ) tend to favour the high possession midfielders.

Originally posted by NathanD
Mal Michael - having a great year.

A couple of rounds ago, I would have agreed.

But he only came out even with Gehrig at best and in the North game he got benched (through lack of a matchup) and then later looked all at sea during a brief stint at FF.

Actually, I'd like to see him played at FF more often, especially when we have games won, just so he gets more accustomed to "relieving" in that position if we get desperate.

I thought it was pretty unfair on him in the Kangas game to throw him in at the deep end at FF when he hasn't had a sniff of playing a forward role for at least 2 seasons.

Does anyone recall his beautiful punch to the boundary in the North game? .......................it was typical magnificently timed M.Michael punch away..........

.......only problem is that he was at FF at the time and he should have been going for the mark.

Not his fault mind you, because that's the way he's programmed himself to treat a high ball for years.

It was almost a comical sight to see a nominal FF going the defensive punch!!!

If Mal is going to be an option at FF , the poor bugger needs a bit of practice playing there and "junk time" would seem to be the ideal oppotunity.

To be honest though, I think S.Black has been outstanding.

Lappin, Akermanis, Charman, Michael, Leppitsch, and Brown would all have polled fairly well so far too, I would imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by luthor
Hmmm............S.Black still showing 0% in the poll.

Stocka must have spoilt his ballot paper and forgotten to ask for another one:cool: ;)

I didn't bother to vote Luthors. I wouldn't want to spoil the official result by giving away statistical clues mid-season.

If things keep going at the rate they've over the first half of the season, this year's B&F count could see 5 or more players all with a reasonable shot at winning the award.

Not sure how it works but wouldn't having 6 or 7 polling players in the same team such as ours be detrimental to having a shot at the Brownlow? What I mean is if you have one stand out player for a team then they would normally get votes because of this?

Care to comment

Dave

Originally posted by dclnmurray
Not sure how it works but wouldn't having 6 or 7 polling players in the same team such as ours be detrimental to having a shot at the Brownlow? What I mean is if you have one stand out player for a team then they would normally get votes because of this?

Care to comment

Dave
That's one theory.
You still have to win the game and generally votes tend to go to players from wining teams. Our record this year isn't too bad so I expect, Power, Aker, Voss, Black and Lappin to poll well.

Originally posted by dclnmurray

Care to comment

Dave

Not an issue any longer.

2003 - Buckley (grand finalist)
- Goodes (Prelim Final)
- Roo (Semi FInal)
2002 - Black (Premiers)
2001 - Acker (Premiers)
2000 - Wowoful (grand finalist)
1998 - Harvey (Semi Finals)
1997 - Harvey (Grand finalist)
1996 - Hird (Prelim final)
- Voss (Prelim final)

I think that this shows that the Brownlow medalist has come from a finals based team 7 of the last 8 years, only Crawford in 1999 did not play finals football.

Being in a successful team seems to help, not hinder players these days.

Lappin is as big a chance as any this year. This year there have been less outstanding players for the Lions in matches and I think that Lappin will poll very, very well indeed.

Well, weeks ago I voted for Lappin in the poll and now I'm even more confident.

Superb game against the Tiges and those ratty disposals that dogged him earlier in the season seem to have been dispensed with.

Having said that, I also think Power is an excellent chance for our B&F but maybe an even better chance for the Brownlow.

Maybe hasn't been quite as consistent as Lappin but you don't need consistency to win Brownlow's........5 or 6 BOG's from the umps and a few one and two pointers and you're right up there.

I have a feeling Power is the type of player that wil get the umps'attention, much the same way as Aker did in 2001.

He's skilled, gets lots of posessions, rarely wastes them and also chips in with an eye-catching goal now and again.

Wonder what Lukey's odds are for that Brownlow?

I might have to seriously consider a wager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think is leading our B & F at the moment?

Back