Who does your family support?

Remove this Banner Ad

play on

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2001
Who do your family support? My mum goes for Carlton, and my Brother goes for Essendon. With me being a Collingwood supporter, you can imagine some of the arguments that have taken place at my house.

------------------------------
Play on says the umpire
------------------------------

Three quarters of my family go for Carlton (mostly old people), my mother goes for Essendon, and there is a sectionof Richmond supporters too.

So what's a wise logical boy meant to do?

Become a Hawthorn supporter;)

The Hitman

My Dads side(Australian) all barrack for the Mighty Bulldogs :D and most of my Mums side(Italian) barrack for the Pies and theres the odd Tiger and Hawk in there :(

My family are all Hawthorn supporters, including all my dads relatives, so i suppose it was just fate that i would be!!

And my brother is marrying into a Collingwood family :(

Mum barracks for Essendon, Dad barracks for Essendon. All my brothers and sisters (i am the eldest of 8) barrack for Essendon (except one...who barracks for Collingwood). The entirity of my dads side of the family (except 3 cousins who barrack for Carlton) barrack for Essendon. Mum's side of the family is littered with Carlton supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mum - Geelong/North (it was a Doug Wade thing)
Dad & 2 sisters - Richmond
Other sister - Scrays
The missus doesn't give a rats since Fitzroy were given the boot, but if Brissy win a flag I'm predicting she'll be first on the bandwagon.

Originally posted by QT
My whole family barracks for Port Adelaide :(

your the odd, brainless one out then QT :D ;)

My whole family supports Port Adelaide Magpies and Port Adelaide Power....except my mother

My mother goes for Sturt in the SANFL and for Hawthorn in the AFL.

Originally posted by Macca19
My mother goes for Sturt in the SANFL and for Hawthorn in the AFL.

Should've followed in your mothers footsteps macca! :D

If I hadn't have I'd be a Norwood supporter now. In fact we ended up converting him! When I had to give his euolgy I Told the story of the day he became at Sturt supporter.

AFL - wise, Mum is a Crows supporter and my sister and brother in law are West Coast supporters.

father - Geelong
sister - Geelong.
mother - Keeps changing between Essendon and Geelong. Has been Geelong for the last 2 years though, because my father bought her a membership (because they were struggling with money).
Me - Essendon. I don't know why I chose them, because my family are all Geelong, and when I started following footy, Geelong were sitting around the top. It may have been because I was in primary school at the time, and we kept getting visits from the Essendon players. Mind you, I was the first one in my family to actually start following football properly, so Geelong wasn't pushed on me too much until I was too far gone (they're all fanatics now)

Mother, Father, Cousins, Uncles, Aunties, Kids all Footscray/WB for three or four generations now.

One Cousin decided to follow North, but we no longer talk to her.

Uncle who married in followed the 'Roys because his father played for them.

We've badgered all the rest of the married uncles and aunties into following the dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who does your family support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back