Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can all those that have checked out please go and hide under a rock rather than continually s*-t posting all the time .
For rusted on supporters like myself , I’d so much rather talk/listen about strategy , players etc .
If you really think you’re going to force the club to change by white anting I think all it does is get a disconnect between players and fans .
I always remember reading player profiles back in the day , when the question was what did the player dislike , nearly all would say “ fickle supporters “ . I would say that’s still relevant.
So in short if you don’t want to be a member , don’t but do you have to go on and on about it .
If you’re out . Just Go

We don't talk strategy much here anymore because we all got sick of talking about how we lose the same games the same way half a decade or more ago.

They’ve never broken your heart?

Surely they must have.
Nope.

The odds are always against us because its hard to get big players to come and stay, they've never disrespected the fans or history, and have always done everything they can to win. Thats what I ask for as a supporter.

I'm just here for the shitposts now. Kinda hoping for a crash and burn season for the lols, but it doesn't really matter either way.
Maybe some interest will come back in the future once the current admin is finally dead.
In the meantime I'll try to get to a few more GWS games and await the arrival of Tassie.

Just noticed there's upgrade to platinum available. There was a wait list this season. That changed quickly.
Is there? I tried to upgrade one of our crew to platinum (from gold reserved) last Wednesday and was told it was unavailable. Also wanted to purchase another membership and was basically told it was too hard and we’d have to move to level five. Felt like they really couldn’t be bothered trying to help.

Is there? I tried to upgrade one of our crew to platinum (from gold reserved) last Wednesday and was told it was unavailable. Also wanted to purchase another membership and was basically told it was too hard and we’d have to move to level five. Felt like they really couldn’t be bothered trying to help.

I got a registration of interest for a platinum upgrade of one of my 2024 gold memberships, email came in on the 16th October.

There is a link in the email to register interest but the link is broken :|

I doubt they'll get anywhere near 70k members next year

Nonsense. Get off the internet and realise that Port are part of a duopoly in the sports entertainment industry in a rapidly growing city. Regardless of the disillusionment of a minority of old school supporters, the club's subscription base will continue to grow. And the majority of the disillusioned minority will still sign up anyway.

Nonsense. Get off the internet and realise that Port are part of a duopoly in the sports entertainment industry in a rapidly growing city. Regardless of the disillusionment of a minority of old school supporters, the club's subscription base will continue to grow. And the majority of the disillusioned minority will still sign up anyway.
It's part of the reason they don't care about the old breed with expectations, the next crop who have never known what ruthless means in regards to this club are there to replace us all and there's plenty of them.

It certainly doesn't seem to concern the club very much. What surprises me is the lack of desire from supporters of all ages for Port to win premierships. Near enough is good enough attitude despite so many other teams winning flags under Kens tenure & many finishing below us in 2014. The expectations just seem so low. It actually doesn't matter what the Magpies achieved, what should matter is what Port is failing to do when so many other Afl teams have succeeded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there will be some next level insane thing across the league, like anyone who pays $20 counts as a member, so if you have a $60 membership you count as 3 and so on. they're going to need the 45k's of last season to be 50k, the 55k's to be 60, they're going to need that new 125,000 threshold. do any membership numbers ever actually go down?

Can all those that have checked out please go and hide under a rock rather than continually s*-t posting all the time .
For rusted on supporters like myself , I’d so much rather talk/listen about strategy , players etc .
If you really think you’re going to force the club to change by white anting I think all it does is get a disconnect between players and fans .
I always remember reading player profiles back in the day , when the question was what did the player dislike , nearly all would say “ fickle supporters “ . I would say that’s still relevant.
So in short if you don’t want to be a member , don’t but do you have to go on and on about it .
If you’re out . Just Go

Twelve years of putting up with this regime is fickle? After spending roughly the previous forty+ before that supporting the club one way or another and having no memory of supporting any other club?

Reconsider your throwaway definition of fickle, and have a deeper think about why people are agonising so much over leaving this club behind, this club which is part of their identity: it's entirely because of the regime. The disconnect precedes the leaving, and it's entirely between the fans and the regime, not between the fans and the players (a very few notable egotistical exceptions aside). Bit like someone who feels forced to leave their native land to migrate away from an oppressive dictatorship, and I speak as a migrant from the Balkans so don't even.

I got the sneaky auto-renewal turned off on my two platinum, quickly and in a timely manner. So there are some in admin who are functional and I thanked them for that. Still not sure if I'll renew. Absolute b*st*rds who have done this to us.

Also they literally give memberships to people who don't request or want them, so they can just do that and claim whatever number they want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back