Who finishes last in 2024?

Who finishes last in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero chance, although Hood will campaign just as hard behind closed doors again as you will on here.
Will be hard to deny if it is a 5th straight year in bottom 2

They like to tip toe around it start of first round pp but in that situation it would be amusing what they come up with

Hopefully won’t get to that but we already set a new modern day low after 4 years. All jump on the north bandwagon so we don’t have to discuss that

Have a look at North's backline, they’ve got Aiden Corr and then a bunch of talls who’ve barely played a game.

B: Aidan Corr, Toby Pink, Luke McDonald
HB: Josh Goater, Charlie Comben, Zac Fisher

They’ll get monstered weekly.
Fair point .

I guess it’s as much about law of averages ,that AT SOME STAGE north will have to start moving out of the bottom 2.

That’s if they finally realise copius amounts high draft picks and AFL welfare alone won’t simply get the job done

Have a look at North's backline, they’ve got Aiden Corr and then a bunch of talls who’ve barely played a game.

B: Aidan Corr, Toby Pink, Luke McDonald
HB: Josh Goater, Charlie Comben, Zac Fisher

They’ll get monstered weekly.

They have a considerably better midfield than West Coast though.

I will admit though that North's aversion to KP players is a bit odd.

At the start of this year you predicted North to make finals in 2024 and the dynasty would begin in 2025.

Still sticking by it? 😬
I think it’s unlikely but still possible

I do however still think a dynasty can start in 2025 even if we don’t make finals in 2024

Hawks finished 16th on 7 wins. Atm, it's hard to see North or West Coast win more than 7 games to move out of the bottom 2 next year so one of them will be my vote.

North could easily be 0-5 and the 1-9 after 10 rounds. First 10 games are:
  • GWS (away)
  • Fremantle (home)
  • Carlton (home)
  • Brisbane (away - Adelaide gather round)
  • Geelong (away)
  • Hawthorn (home)
  • Adelaide (home - Tasmania)
  • St Kilda (away)
  • Suns (away)
  • Essendon (away)
North might win one of Hawthorn or Essendon games, but it is a big 'might'.

They cop the Eagles twice in the back half of the draw, but are playing their home game in Tasmania against them. Griffin Logue is not due back until June-ish. A further 2 injuries to 'best 22' players would see the kids exposed (and at a potentially higher risk of injury due to not yet having enough pre-season maturity work to get through) making a difficult season harder.

0-10 would may see North get creative with team selection in the back half of the season and some questionable delistings in the 2024 off-season to make a case for further assistance. They have form with this tactic.

And a significant advantage at home (ground, fans and umpires)

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on. If they fix their injury problems and get some off Hungry Jacks They will do better.

The fan factor is important as well. In contrast nmfc may have only one or two games where their fans are in the majority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North could easily be 0-5 and the 1-9 after 10 rounds. First 10 games are:
  • GWS (away)
  • Fremantle (home)
  • Carlton (home)
  • Brisbane (away - Adelaide gather round)
  • Geelong (away)
  • Hawthorn (home)
  • Adelaide (home - Tasmania)
  • St Kilda (away)
  • Suns (away)
  • Essendon (away)
North might win one of Hawthorn or Essendon games, but it is a big 'might'.

They cop the Eagles twice in the back half of the draw, but are playing their home game in Tasmania against them. Griffin Logue is not due back until June-ish. A further 2 injuries to 'best 22' players would see the kids exposed (and at a potentially higher risk of injury due to not yet having enough pre-season maturity work to get through) making a difficult season harder.

0-10 would may see North get creative with team selection in the back half of the season and some questionable delistings in the 2024 off-season to make a case for further assistance. They have form with this tactic.
They've lost their last 10 games against us in a row.

Has to be West Coast as they were terrible in 2023 and since they are only at the beginning of their rebuild they are only likely going to be worse in 2024.

Rebuild commenced 3 drafts ago.

You are excused as the Vic media are pretty useless at anything from WA and all know how they get more clicks by writing negative stories about interstate clubs for their readers.

With 22 players under 21 that would suggest the rebuild didnt just commence.

Last edited:
They've lost their last 10 games against us in a row.

North also lost 1500 games experience post season and have no proven key defenders with Logue out until later in the season.

It their midfield doesnt dominate they will get beat and badly. No Goldstien to feed the mids either.

Five 1 st rounders is great but will take time to impact, especially the talls.

Rebuild commenced 3 drafts ago.

You are excused as the Vic media are pretty useless at anything from WA and all know how they get more clicks by witing negative stories about interstate clubs for their readers.

With 22 players under 21 that would suggest the rebuild didnt just commence.

I say the rebuild has just commenced due to how many top 10 draft picks you have brought in.

Since 2019 (so 5 drafts) West Coast have brought in

Ginby
Reid

as top 10 selections.

Compare that to North

Phillips
Sheezel
Wardlaw
McKercher
Duursma

Since 2019 (so 5 drafts) West Coast have brought in

Ginby
Reid

as top 10 selections.

Compare that to North

Phillips
Sheezel
Wardlaw
McKercher
Duursma

Geez, that’s one serious indictment on West Coasts recruiting, no wonder Elton got the arse.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

North also lost 1500 games experience post season and have no proven key defenders with Logue out until later in the season.

It their midfield doesnt dominate they will get beat and badly. No Goldstien to feed the mids either.

Five 1 st rounders is great but will take time to impact, especially the talls.
I'm not too concerned about the experience lost as those guys were all cooked. But our defense is a major concern, it's going to be a bit experimental back there. I expect we'll be playing a seven man zone to counter our lack of KPD's with possibly all of Sheezel, Fisher and McKercher in it to create rebound. Could be fun. At least it will be better to watch than Ziebell and Hall chipping the ball sideways to each other.

I'm not too concerned about the experience lost as those guys were all cooked. But our defense is a major concern, it's going to be a bit experimental back there. I expect we'll be playing a seven man zone to counter our lack of KPD's with possibly all of Sheezel, Fisher and McKercher in it to create rebound. Could be fun. At least it will be better to watch than Ziebell and Hall chipping the ball sideways to each other.
While people seem really happy to bandy around the 1500 game figure now, I'm struggling to recall any instances last year where neutrals watched North games and said "gee, if it wasn't for Cunners/Ziebell/Hall/Howe/Turner, things could have gotten really out of hand for North there."

I think it’s unlikely but still possible

I do however still think a dynasty can start in 2025 even if we don’t make finals in 2024
Will North maybe play 4 talls in defence next year to try to be able to double team the opponents talls? Or would that not work do you think.

While people seem really happy to bandy around the 1500 game figure now, I'm struggling to recall any instances last year where neutrals watched North games and said "gee, if it wasn't for Cunners/Ziebell/Hall/Howe/Turner, things could have gotten really out of hand for North there."
That’s fine. But who replaces them and with how many games under their belt?

You’re the youngest and most inexperienced side in the comp, it will only take three or four injuries and you’ll have to play kids that are not ready.

Last edited:
That’s fine. But who replaces them and with how many games under there belt?

You’re the youngest and most inexperienced side in the comp, it will only take three or four injuries and you’ll have to play kids that are not ready.
This. Can see some real smashings if there are a few injuries

Back