• Rohan Smith

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Scott Camporeale

Votes: 19 19.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

franjon said:
So two premiership medals don,t count ?
No, why would it? I have said it before, but premiership medals are a stupid indication to go by. Just because Ablett didn't win a premiership, and Buckley hasn't, it doesn't automatically make Shane Allen a better player than both of them.

State of Origin selections and All Australian selections are probably fairer.

X_box_X said:
No, why would it? I have said it before, but premiership medals are a stupid indication to go by. Just because Ablett didn't win a premiership, and Buckley hasn't, it doesn't automatically make Shane Allen a better player than both of them.

State of Origin selections and All Australian selections are probably fairer.
King = All Australian 1997. 1998

X_box_X said:

Then perhaps you should have better qualified your question.

I'm all for your reasoning of premiership medals meaning squat when it comes to deciding who a better player is - perfect example is when people point to J. Brown's three flags as a measure of his 'greatness' despite him not having won a single individual accolade to date (this logic would have Pike as a legend of the game) - but if you're asking 'who had the better career' you have to take flags into account.

It's why any footballer pulls on a boot. To win.

X_box_X said:
Let's assume Camporeale and Rohan Smith both retire now. Who has had the better career out of David King, Smith and Camporeale?

I'm going with Smith.

Bit of a strange choice to add Camporeale into the mix, given played the vast majority of his career in the midfield, while the others played more on a HBF. Andrew McKay would have been a better comparision IMO.

I'll take Camporeale...............he was a top notch midfielder in his prime. Quick and ran all day whilst being tagged week in week out..........with great kicking skills. Only downside being his temperment.

All Australian - 1
B & F - 1
Premierships - 1
State of Origin - not sure, but played a fair few for SA and would have played more if the concept wasn't pulled.

Were King & Smith tagged every week? I don't think so, on occaisons but not week in week out, year after year like Camporeale was and still is.

dyertribe said:
Then perhaps you should have better qualified your question.

I'm all for your reasoning of premiership medals meaning squat when it comes to deciding who a better player is - perfect example is when people point to J. Brown's three flags as a measure of his 'greatness' despite him not having won a single individual accolade to date (this logic would have Pike as a legend of the game) - but if you're asking 'who had the better career' you have to take flags into account.

It's why any footballer pulls on a boot. To win.
Yep, you have a good point there. I did mean to say the better players over the duration of their careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan Smith quite easily. For anyone to suggest the other two are better are simply talking s hit.

All-Australian 1997, 2003; International Rules Series 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003; Leading Goal Kicker 2000 (42); EJ Whitten Medal 1998.

Games 276 Goals 233. Unlike the other two , still going strong.

David King has been a great part of North Melbourne's sides over the last 10 Years, his run helped start many Forward moves, he always found a target and I think may have kicked a Goal or two

Campo appears to have had a couple of good seasons when Carlton were good, but hasn't maintained that in the hard times.

Smith also a good player who has served his Club well, and he is more consistant than Campo, but I wouldn't rate him as good as King.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has had a better career

Back