Expansion who here plans on supporting one of GC or WS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly no. My football team is a strong part of me.

What people have to realise is its not our generation that will be their supporters, it's the next generation. The current 5-8 year olds who live in the respective areas.

If Im still living in Sydney at the time and Western Sydney are playing an attractive brand of football (ie, they are as far removed from the Swans as possible), then yeah, I'll jump on them come derby time and I'll go to their games, but not as a genuine supporter. Only one team for me.

If Im still living in Sydney at the time and Western Sydney are playing an attractive brand of football (ie, they are as far removed from the Swans as possible), then yeah, I'll jump on them come derby time and I'll go to their games, but not as a genuine supporter. Only one team for me.

Tassie wins again :)

Similar situation to me in a few years most likely. I'll always be a football supporter first and foremost. Norwood & the Crows will always be my clubs. If there were AFL games in my area I'd go and watch a few games for sure, might even barrack. Same way I go watch South Adelaide & Glenelg FC games in the SANFL, cos I love the sport.

Won't ever support any team like I do the Crows or Westies in the SANFL, but probably will buy a membership for GC to help them along.

I think you will find most Gold Coasters will support the team but like someone said it will be the next gerneration that will be the hardcore fans , a similar scenario to how the Titans are fareing.

Pretty stupid post to be honest. No true fan will switch teams to the Gold Coast or Western Sydney. The AFL will be aiming to draw new fans to the game, i.e people who don't already support a team. Perhaps afew expats who have moved to GC or WS, but the majority will definately be new fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've grown up born and bred in Blacktown and the surrounding districts, live at Windsor, 20ks up the road, played all my junior footy for Seven Hills (now Blacktown/Quakers Hill) Bombers and a life member,so i'll back the West Sydney team against every team but Essendon, they are my colours and therefore my team for life. I'll buy a membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion who here plans on supporting one of GC or WS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back