Bulldogs or Hawks, who is better in 2024 and more of a premiership threat?

Bulldogs or Hawks

• Bulldogs

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • Hawks

Votes: 62 38.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sick saying this, but the answer is Hawthorn šŸ¤®ā€¦.Iā€™m actually expecting the Dogs to lose next week and not make finals at all.
Come on, man

Imagine the Hawks get past the Doggies and we were to meet your Cats in a week 2 semi final at the G ? How fricken awesome would that be?

Or letā€™s put our ā€œdreamersā€ hats on for one tickā€¦ Imagine both our clubs were able to win their way through to another Grand Final ? How sick would that be?

Please god, make it happen!!!!

So the winner of Hawthorn Vs Bulldogs will have knocked off the other in-form side in the run home to the finals.

The winner of that game will then face off against the loser of (most likely) Port vs Geelong.

If I'm a club trying to avoid a straight sets loss, Hawthorn or the Bulldogs would not be the team I'd want to face.

Assuming the Hawks or the Doggies win, it's on to the Prelim...
The winner of Hawthorn/WB will be favourites in the semi final.

Port/Geelong essentially a knockout final next weekend.

The winner of Hawthorn/WB will be favourites in the semi final.

Port/Geelong essentially a knockout final next weekend.
Doubt we would be favourites for either unless Port or Geelong get smashed

Doubt we would be favourites for either unless Port or Geelong get smashed
Sorry, I mean with BigFooty neutrals and media figures/commentators, moreso than the betting odds.

Both sides have so much hype and are in blistering form. Port would have the home ground advantage so probably slight favourites from that. Geelong maybe have a slight advantage against WB but disadvantage against Hawthorn at the G.

I expected it to be close, with the Bulldogs just, but I think the result tells me this Hawks side is more reliable, better drilled, and play much better as a unit. Doubtless a lot is coaching, and I think a lot of it is attitude. These blokes have a never say die, never back down attitude. They can win it all if they don't get ahead of themselves, which I haven't seen yet (the Port and Giants losses are coaching oversights to some extent which may have helped them address that). Only concern is they have had some big 4th quarter fadeouts, but I don't see that happening. And Geelong, who seem their one bogey side this year.

So I suppose that puts the debate to bed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs or Hawks, who is better in 2024 and more of a premiership threat?

Back