Who is happy with what we got for Brent Prismall

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope that this does not set a precedent that other teams can offer our up and coming/fringe players more and our club feels that they have to let them go.

Well, we had to get a 3rd rounder minimum, which we did. We simply couldn't let him walk to the pre-season draft and get nuttin, so we did okkkaaaaay.

Now, I'm pumped for the draft. Why? Because we have the best recruiter in the competition.

Watch Wellsy do his work. This is a good draft. And Wellsy does some of his best work with picks in the 20s, 30s, 40s. (see S Johnson, Enright, Ling, Chapman, etc). With draft picks along the lines of 15, 33, 39 and 49, draft day should be fun ...

Better than him walking and given he said he was happy to play at Melb that was a real chance.

Given the situation I'm happy.

When I picked up todays H/sun and saw that we may get Lovett with Essendon paying some of his contract so we can fit him under the cap I was very happy, then when I get home and saw all we got was 39. Grrrrrrrr !!!!

Made it not so bad that Balmey knew we were getting short changed.
Last year with King and Gardiner going for zero was worse though.

Who knows, I remember 4 years ago not happy that we let Mahloney go in the Ottens deal as he looked like he was going to be a real good player. He went O.K. in his first 18 months for Melbourne but injuries and form have hurt him. Looking back, when he was going O.K. at Melbourne, Otto was struggling with injuries and form then its turned opposite for both.
After 18 months with us, Otto started to take off just as Mahloney was going down.

Essendon probably played a take it or leave it card to Geelong. I hope they remember this in the future when (if) Essendon get a good player in the future who wants to leave.

Is worth more i think, i would of been tempted to let him go for free to Melb just prove a point to the other clubs that they better not jerk us around in the future. Oh well, at least our last trade (Ottens) worked out for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not happy at all!:mad:

I seem to remember the club using the same line last trading season with King, Playfair & Gardiner. "...We have to take into account want the players want".

Well, at want point do the club's interests come first?:confused: Pismall for 39 is nothing short of a disgrace. Particularly given the importance of picks in the next 3 drafts.

It begs the obvious question as to whether the club really knows what it's doing; and how adequately they are planning for the next 5 to 10 years.

Also, the fact that the club freely admits that it shoud've gotten more for the trade. What is going on!:mad:

Does this sum up the thoughts of most:

"Not happy but being realistic I understand we did the best we could."

?

Ah, no.

Particularly when the club themselves admit they could've done better.

We are talking about a player who is only 22 and forced his way into the best mid-field in the comp. Yes he's injured, but pick 39 is not the best we could do.:thumbsdown:

Re: Bury my Frustration with Wounded Knee

Did we do worse because of Prissa'a f*cking knee injury?:mad:

If fit we would've selected him in the Granny, ya know...

morally we had to let him go even at pick 39 Essendon knew we wouldnt play hardball our main concern was always for the young player good luck to Brett in the future. just as a bye the bye with his type of injury i dont know anyone that has been as good as they were when they came back to play

Effectively we got nothing for Prismall at this stage.

If we use picks 15 and 33 as live picks and then select Ranga with pick 39 its exactly the same scenario as if we picked Ranga with pick 49 which we already had anyway before the Prismall trade.

I understand people are upset Byrnes wasnt traded to offer us an extra pick so we could actually use pick 39 with its true value but my feeling is the club were just being responsible given the failure of our small forwards in the GF and the fact the younger guys in the twos are all untried. I also think losing Prismall with no ready senior replacement was an issue too.

So unless our recent ability to nominate a rookie was a suggestion we may have a senior spot vacant for the last few years we may as well have drafted Prismall to Essendon for pick 100 at this stage. I hope this scenario changes of course and we get to use 39 as a live pick somehow.

Re: Bury my Frustration with Wounded Knee

morally we had to let him go even at pick 39 Essendon knew we wouldnt play hardball our main concern was always for the young player good luck to Brett in the future. just as a bye the bye with his type of injury i dont know anyone that has been as good as they were when they came back to play

Too true - I do wish Brett all the best at Bomberland. I'm on record in the past as saying that Prissa deserved to play in a better comp than the VFL - no way is he just a 'top-up' depth player. If we couldn't use him, letting him go would be the only fair course of action.

His worth is a lot better than pick 39, though

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is happy with what we got for Brent Prismall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back