Who is Smokey for Brownlow Medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stunned there is no Crows in the top 15, i know that no one player has really stood out, but they may end up with 15 wins, someone has to get the votes. Even though i dont really believe that a crow will win to think none it the top 15 is insane

No one from Port?:eek:
Ablett is a gun but far too many handballs back and forth so he can get another handball/kick.:mad:
Whoever wins it ?
I hope it is deserved .
Unlike many previous winners whom don't rate in media awards but catch the umpires eye.
Warren Tredrea was the standout in most media awards in 2004 but Juddy got the gong.:thumbsdown:
Having said that.
Carey was the greatest player the World has ever seen and he missed out too.:cool:

Didak, been getting serious votes in the last 5-6 weeks, pretty close to the full 3 for each game, although he hasn't really turned it on tonight. Will definitely outpoll Swan I reckon.

Hayes, as has been mentioned, should be much more of a favourite. Same with Montagna.

spacer.gif
also Daniel Rich has to be one of the best long shots for brownlow right , another great game by him 31 possessions

I know its unheard of for a first year player but Daniel Rich will get up there. I have him on 9 votes atm, and could well be on more, standout midfielder (especially early before Black really got going) in a rising team (see Cooney, Mitchell, Swan, Thompson etc over the last few years). Also liking Pendlebury at long odds, doesn't need to touch the ball a hell of a lot and goes unnoticed. Bernie Vince and Sam Gilbert aswell, could both bolt unexpectedly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as Hayes and Black at in the top 15, that only leaves Higgins as someone I'd put down as a smokey.

If Drummond didn't miss so many games, I'd have him in there too.

Also, Rich to get 10+ votes.

Tru dat. Am surprised a bit, I reckon the bookies have it pretty close to exactly right this year. But that is the beauty of brownlow night, the surprises and the drinking games.

Get on Scotty Thompson. He is loved by umpires, always polls well and he's had a very consistent year. Can't really remember to many bad games and not many will steal votes from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is Smokey for Brownlow Medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back