Who really deserved the Michael Tuk medal???

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by AngelEyes
Personally I think Bode, Goodwin or Stenglein deserved that medal.
I mean, Mcleod was good, but not as good as these others.

Mcleod had flashes of brilliance but others were better than him. Seemed they just gave it to him for the sake of it.
I thought Bode and Stenglien played better....as did Reilly until getting hammered and taken off.

Originally posted by kretchy
I thought McLeod was fair enough not the most possessions he's ever had but what he did with him was what put him above the rest.

He didn't waste a possesion and made the pies pay with every touch. I thought Bode and McLeod were line ball but McLeod was more flashy than Bode which won it for him at the end.

Our rucks creamed then. How good is Reilly going to be?????? Fair Dinkum, this kid is a star in the making.

For a 1st real hitout in 12 months Carey was good especially in 4th quarter.

Re: Re: Who really deserved the Michael Tuk medal???

Originally posted by Macca19
as did Reilly until getting hammered and taken off.

I was really impressed with him. I was really proud of the fact that he got straight back up and took the kick.

Anyone who thinks we have lost something in the middle now that Kane Johnson has gone can think again.

Jerome

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
little brent

have to agree with you there :D even though mcleod always does the work to deserve something like that.

but if tarrant never knocked out reilly like that he for sure would have given mcleod a run for his money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn't they just give it to Buckley as a consolation prize like they did the Norm Smith Medal in the Grand Final last year. Everyone knows Voss was the better player then. Eddie mustn't have used his wallet this time.

Re: Re: Re: Who really deserved the Michael Tuk medal???

Originally posted by Jerome
I was really impressed with him. I was really proud of the fact that he got straight back up and took the kick.

Anyone who thinks we have lost something in the middle now that Kane Johnson has gone can think again.

Jerome

Totally agree - courageous stuff from the kid - in contrast had to laugh at Dudak when he got a little love tap - commentators were saying "he hasn't moved" as if he was knocked out cold, but alas, it was merely Collingwood attempting to bluff the umpires as per - Mick has taught them all well

TW

For me Reilly was BOG until being crudely wacked by Tarrant. Pies have started a tradition of taking out our best player. :mad: McLeod was probably our most damaging & inspirational player, but Bode the most consistent over 4 quarters. Who cares any way as we won!!! :D :D :D

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
For me Reilly was BOG until being crudely wacked by Tarrant. Pies have started a tradition of taking out our best player. :mad: McLeod was probably our most damaging & inspirational player, but Bode the most consistent over 4 quarters. Who cares any way as we won!!! :D :D :D

Agree with the above summary Kane. Reilly is going to be a gun and was well in the running for BOG until clouted around the head by Tarrant.

Bode was excellent - worked his ass off, and played a great game.

But McLeod!!! I'm watching the replay on Fox at the moment. He was BOG!!! As Gary Lyon said at half time Macca had 12 disposals up to half time and each one was sheer pain to the opposition. Class, class, class!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who really deserved the Michael Tuk medal???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back