Strategy Who should be our next coach?

Who should coach the Adelaide Crows in 2025?

• Simon Goodwin - poach him from Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Burns - promote from within

• Brett Montgomery - bring him to coach, not to assist

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait for the day when the club posts its Statement on Matthew Nicks Sacking, take me back only 10 years ago when we weren't afraid of Sacking the Coach for putting up mediocre results. Sadly this club has turned even more vanilla and soft since..

Adam Simpson now available
speaking season 3 GIF

Can't wait for the day when the club posts its Statement on Matthew Nicks Sacking, take me back only 10 years ago when we weren't afraid of Sacking the Coach for putting up mediocre results. Sadly this club has turned even more vanilla and soft since..
Because to do so will admit they got it wrong

True but they've done it before with Sanderson.
The scuttlebutt at the time and hinted at since suggests it was non-football related

This would be 100% lack of football knowledge related

He’s won less games than Nicks over the past half a decade and looked defeated, negative and devoid of any solutions the entire time. Let some other club confirm his early success was based on a fantastic list.

Huh?

Simpson has done something that I don’t think Nicks will ever do … win a premiership from outside of Victoria.

Simpson might not be the solution for us, but let’s not tar him with the Nicks brush!!

He’s won less games than Nicks over the past half a decade and looked defeated, negative and devoid of any solutions the entire time. Let some other club confirm his early success was based on a fantastic list.

Have to weigh Simpson's terrible last 3 seasons + winning a premiership and winning finals record against Nick's somewhat better recent record + no premierships or finals wins or even making finals or signs of making finals soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh?

Simpson has done something that I don’t think Nicks will ever do … win a premiership from outside of Victoria.

Simpson might not be the solution for us, but let’s not tar him with the Nicks brush!!
Doubt Nicks will either but not sure how we can trash Nicks and then want someone with a worse record than him since he’s been coaching. Is winning a flag outside Victoria that much of a task or have the disproportionate amount of Victorian teams just been better for a while? Remember there was a 10 year period when interstate clubs won 8 flags. Don’t think travel has got harder since.

Doubt Nicks will either but not sure how we can trash Nicks and then want someone with a worse record than him since he’s been coaching. Is winning a flag outside Victoria that much of a task or have the disproportionate amount of Victorian teams just been better for a while? Remember there was a 10 year period when interstate clubs won 8 flags. Don’t think travel has got harder since.
By this logic you’d have Nicks over Clarkson

By this logic you’d have Nicks over Clarkson
The point seems very elusive for some. Maybe just forget the Nicks bit and ask would we want a coach who’s record over a significant period of time is terrible and his demeanour and attitude over that period are also extremely questionable.

The point seems very elusive for some. Maybe just forget the Nicks bit and ask would we want a coach who’s record over a significant period of time is terrible and his demeanour and attitude over that period are also extremely questionable.
114 out of his first 178

8 out of the next 64

I'd suggest his demeanour is due to those last 3 years than the 1st 6

I think we need to focus on his first 180 rather than the last 50

I dont think he comes here anyway - he may want a year off to recharge but he does become interesting for 2026

114 out of his first 178

8 out of the next 64

I'd suggest his demeanour is due to those last 3 years than the 1st 6

I think we need to focus on his first 180 rather than the last 50

I dont think he comes here anyway - he may want a year off to recharge but he does become interesting for 2026
How many coaches in their 2nd job have won a flag in the past 2 decades? Zero.

You think WCE shouldn’t have sacked him?

I think we're getting our wires crossed because I'm not sure how this question relates.

1. Yes West Coast should have moved on Simpson.
2. Yes, we should look at him to coach us.
3. Yes, I would much prefer Clarkson to Nicks.

Back