Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just so we are clear;

Graham Wright, who worked with Clarko for over a decade, who has spoken to Clarko multiple times within the last couple of months and who's wife is close friends with Clarkson's wife has reached out to Clarkson's management to gauge interest in the Collingwood job? :laughing::laughing:

Spare me, as if GW would need to go through that channel, I smell a smokescreen.
Just following due diligence.
Better to have the ‘official coach search’ records reflecting that an official enquiry was made to the Management of Alastair Clarkson, rather than a footnote ‘Wrighty had a beer & a chat with Clarko’.
Imagine if Clarko’s management came out after we appoint Scott…media ask management “Did Collingwood officially enquire about Clarkson”, the answer “No, we didn’t receive any official enquiry from Collingwood re Clarkson”.
Supporters would be calling for heads to roll…we need an EGM tomorrow!

Tapping has been spoken to by Collingwood. He remains an outsider for the senior coaching job but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he could be at the Magpies next year as an assistant.. Collingwood players and staff loved Tapping when he was at the club

Tapping has been spoken to by Collingwood. He remains an outsider for the senior coaching job but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he could be at the Magpies next year as an assistant.. Collingwood players and staff loved Tapping when he was at the club
Would certainly love him as an assistant. Super keen on Solomon and Stevie J

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Is that?

Scott did a Good Job at North.

Pyke did nothing at Adelaide and Kingsly is just based on Potential

Pyke got Adelaide to a GF TD and is one of the reasons why Swannies are doing well this year. I've never been a fan of the Scott brothers. I would puke if we selected Brad in the end. Would be a bad move IMO.

Why Is that?

Pyke`s record at Adelaide speaks for itself, took over a club on it`s knees following the tragic death of their coach Phil Walsh. 56 wins, 36 losses, 1 draw, took Adelaide to a semi final in his first year . in his second year the Crows finished top of the ladder and went on to play in the Grand Final. that is a damn fine coaching CV , be happy to have him at Pieland. that is if Clarko is not gettable.

getting interesting now.
if clarko is out i have no idea who i want and who would best suit our building list, do your thing Wrighty.
hope its not Voss though.

Why Is that?

If you finish the home & away season outside the top 4 it's hard to win a Premiership and it's downright impossible if you don't make it to the Grand Final.

That right there are 2 things Pyke achieved in 4 seasons that Scott couldn't in 10 Dave.

It's a start and I see a lot of potential that Pyke might be the next great coach in waiting but one who got stopped in their tracks due to the unintended fallout from that infamous preseason camp

As for Kingsley Dave every great coach in history had to start somewhere, to be given a chance and win a senior coaching position based on the potential others saw in the them.

The stark reality is Kingsley or Pyke could coach us for the next 5 years, not lead us to a Premiership and we'd be no worse off than North Melbourne or Collingwood were after 10 seasons of Scott and Buckley.

Nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned and to me at least I see the odds being more in our favour if taking on a Pyke or a novice coach rather than Scott who has already had 10 opportunities and failed to achieve what we are all after.

Scott would be the bland safer option.

Time to be bold and give us the coach hungry for redemption in Pyke or hungry for an opportunity like a Kingsley etc.

If you finish the home & away season outside the top 4 it's hard to win a Premiership and it's downright impossible if you don't make it to the Grand Final.

That right there are 2 things Pyke achieved in 4 seasons that Scott couldn't in 10 Dave.

It's a start and I see a lot of potential that Pyke might be the next great coach in waiting but one who got stopped in their tracks due to the unintended fallout from that infamous preseason camp

As for Kingsley Dave every great coach in history had to start somewhere, to be given a chance and win a senior coaching position based on the potential others saw in the them.

The stark reality is Kingsley or Pyke could coach us for the next 5 years, not lead us to a Premiership and we'd be no worse off than North Melbourne or Collingwood were after 10 seasons of Scott and Buckley.

Nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned and to me at least I see the odds being more in our favour if taking on a Pyke or a novice coach rather than Scott who has already had 10 opportunities and failed to achieve what we are all after.

Scott would be the bland safer option.

Time to be bold and give us the coach hungry for redemption in Pyke or hungry for an opportunity like a Kingsley etc.

Despite my concerns re Pyke, he's heads and shoulders ahead of Scott in my view. I think we'll end up with Scott though for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back