Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think its not a good idea to get Clarko and think we should get someone else?

I do have fears of paying a coach $1m on a massive contract to be "rebuilding a club".
Yes, his achievements are noted and great...however he has had falling outs with everyone he has virtually worked with and in wonder just how much influence and pull he wants to have over all affairs.

The other matter is, is he a tired coach? Is he in decline and perhaps Hawthorn saw or know something others dont?

I want a coach who will come here for the right reasons.
I don't want a jilted lover looking for revenge to make their ex jealous.

If he was to come here....I would be praying its for all the right reasons but my gut feel tells me that it has Malthouse written all over it.

I do have fears of paying a coach $1m on a massive contract to be "rebuilding a club".
Yes, his achievements are noted and great...however he has had falling outs with everyone he has virtually worked with and in wonder just how much influence and pull he wants to have over all affairs.

The other matter is, is he a tired coach? Is he in decline and perhaps Hawthorn saw or know something others dont?

I want a coach who will come here for the right reasons.
I don't want a jilted lover looking for revenge to make their ex jealous.

If he was to come here....I would be praying its for all the right reasons but my gut feel tells me that it has Malthouse written all over it.
Here we go, this is why we are always runner up, ffs, let's try another coach who also has the same problems or a rookie so he can make his own **** ups

Here we go, this is why we are always runner up, ffs, let's try another coach who also has the same problems or a rookie so he can make his own fu** ups

There are no guarantees in anything. Past success doesnt guarantee future success.
I think there's merit in the above and there needs to be thought behind it.
Look at Malcom Blight to St Kilda---tears.
Malthouse to Carlton--tears.
Pagan to Carlton--tears.
Allan Jeans to Richmond--tears.
John Worsfold to Essendon--tears.
Norm Smith to South Melbourne---tears.

Legendary coaches at one club going to another doesnt guarantee legendary success there.

Don Pyke is not a rookie coach for example....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Clarko goes to Carlton, so be it. He’ll have his reasons: $$, perceived better list, maybe even an entrenched dislike of the Pies. I will be disappointed but will get over it. He hasn’t been the best coach in the AFL for some years, and his record has been trending down.

If we get Pyke instead we’ll have an experienced senior coach with fire in the belly to prove his doubters wrong, and to redress the perceived failings of his time at the Crows. I’d be happy with that.

It all starts again for both clubs anyway, and Clarko is no more guaranteed of success at Carlton than he would be with us. In fact, I’ve almost talked myself into hoping he goes there.😉

I was wri
I want to believe it but you don't exactly have the best record with assuring us about things that are definitely going to happen.

I never claim to always be correct. It's my tip.
Wright manufactured what is about to unfold.

Yes i may be wrong

Get it done Collingwood.

But, I have a sinking feeling Carlton will get him.

Same. Posted this in the other thread.

When the whole succession plan broke, Gary Lyon was talking about it On the Couch in support of Clarkson’s likelihood of remaining at the Hawks. In doing so he let out what I considered a Freudian slip.

He basically said he was confident that Clarkson would be at “Carl… I mean Hawthorn next year”.

Could be absolutely nothing, but given they are close friends I noted it down. Very similar as Pickers slip of the tongue about Buddy and Sydney IMO.

Hawks have done well to make this look like Clarkson has gracefully stepped aside because "otherwise Sam Mitchell will get poached to Collingwood" or elsewhere. What's best for the Hawks, etc.

Maybe Clarkson stepped aside because he sees a more exciting opportunity 🥸

Looking back at my post history, feeling like a King 👑

Clarkson told the media he helped accelerate the succession plan because the Collingwood position was made available. It was assumed he meant it would stop Mitchell pursuing the Collingwood opportunity...

Clarko, Clarko man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back