Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did hawthorn blink first? They have a huge payout, if clarko coaches elsewhere that club will have to pick up the tab? It is feasible he might have accepted an offer and is walking?

Supposedly it was player driven...........didn't want the mixed messaging etc... in which case they didn't have much choice . No way they'd be able to keep it together for 18 months (which was pretty obvious anyway)

I wonder how much Clarko's relationship with Bolton and how he was treated (and Carlton coaches in general) plays into this. Board ructions aside I know where I would rather go as a coach if I wanted to feel confident in being given time to see a plan play out.

Teague may well have some sleepless nights ahead but I don’t think warm milk will rock Leon Cameron off any time soon.

I’ve always thought he’d head to Carlton, why wouldn’t you? They’re a hell of a lot better placed than we are currently. McKay, Walsh, Weitering as a start is enough reason. That doesn’t even mention our own issues, salary cap, board shambles etc

Carlton will not sack Teague though unless Clarkson is coming, and if you ask me if Clarkson is coming, Teague is sacked by Monday morning. If Teague stays until the end of the year, Clarkson is either Collingwood bound or taking the year off and sleeping on his 1.2million dollar bed curtesy of Hawthorn.

Board shambles? That club is the epitome of board shambles and power struggles and have been for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, Carlton haven't even finished their review (It's external no?) and have a coach contracted until next year (I'm aware that can be ended). These 2 factors combined I"m still pretty confident we wind up with Clarko.

I said when we announced Wright that it was the first step to Clarkson coming to Collingwood, can't be a coincidence that those steps continue.

Wright to Collingwood
Buckley removed
Clarkson > Mitchell Handover announced
Clarkson quits
??
Profit

I mean, Carlton haven't even finished their review (It's external no?) and have a coach contracted until next year (I'm aware that can be ended). These 2 factors combined I"m still pretty confident we wind up with Clarko.

I said when we announced Wright that it was the first step to Clarkson coming to Collingwood, can't be a coincidence that those steps continue.

Wright to Collingwood
Buckley removed
Clarkson > Mitchell Handover announced
Clarkson quits
??
Profit
I think the review completed this week.
Not sure on timing to present to board.

Damian Carroll to Collingwood
Purging of Salary Cap so that by 2022 there is a clean slate
Buckley allowed to coach into his last season of contract/no extension
Eddie Announces he is stepping down in Nov 2021
Walsh gone
Wright to Collingwood
Ned Guy gone
Buckley removed
Go for Mitchell to force Clarkson free
Mitchell Handover announced
Clarkson quits

I've just added in a few things

FWIW (and she got it right on Clarkson departing Hawthorn early), Caro has Clarkson going to Carlton ... and definitely not Collingwood.
The fact that he finds a huge club like Collingwood unappealing is quite strange. I wonder why he appears so adamant about not having anything to do with our club?
F him. It will just add to the rivalry when we play Carlton. Hopefully we have a hungry young gun at the helm.

I doubt he will coach in 2022 to be honest a year of would do him good.
Maybe in 2023 or 2024 a move to the Gold Coast.
Yep, I think this is what’s going to happen. Make a squillion dollars living up on the Gold Coast and coach a side that it’s no lose situation. If they keep losing it’s just the Suns and if he goes well it’s Clarkson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just not on the Clarkson bandwagon. I totally understand why people are though - obviously.

For me, Clarko was a great coach, at a club with an awesome list. He's had amazing success - 4 premierships. No one can take that from him.

We are in rebuild mode, and its going to take a lot of patience for a coach to see through the next 4-5 years while some of the young talent matures. I'm just not sure Clarko is the right fit for Collingwood.

I get why the club would chase him - certainly appease the majority of supporters, and the board would be safe and secure in the knowledge that no board challenge would occur in the midst of a great coup.

But I have this feeling we should be looking for a coach that hasn't climbed the mountain yet.

The fact that he finds a huge club like Collingwood unappealing is quite strange. I wonder why he appears so adamant about not having anything to do with our club?
F him. It will just add to the rivalry when we play Carlton. Hopefully we have a hungry young gun at the helm.

Carlton’s list is much better than Collingwood, I’m sure that has a bit to do with it.

Would you rather the current leading goalkicker and potentially Curnow or would you rather Mihocek/Cameron/Cox?

Carlton’s list is much better than Collingwood, I’m sure that has a bit to do with it.

Would you rather the current leading goalkicker and potentially Curnow or would you rather Mihocek/Cameron/Cox?
Carlton’s midfield is threadbare though. No depth at all

If what you say about the comparative state of our 2 clubs' lists is right, how do you explain that s***tshow Carlton put on against North Melbourne last weekend?

Don't rate Ollie Henry and other gun youngsters, e.g Beau Mc?

If what you say about the comparative state of our 2 clubs' lists is right, how do you explain that s***tshow Carlton put on against North Melbourne last weekend?

Don't rate Ollie Henry and other gun youngsters, e.g Beau Mc?

Carlton have been a mess for 20 years, instability, coaches coming and going. Poor culture.

That’s why they keep losing games.

I like the look of some of the pies players but if you look through our list vs theirs, I think they have more to build around.

Would you rather 32yr old Roughead at full back or 23 yr old Weitering?

McKay or Mihocek?
Curnow or Cameron?

Everyone should have their own

Nah I don't want one, but what I will say is I hope he brings the "Monk" with him if he does come
so Grundy will have a great ruck coach to teach him better late than never

Carlton have been a mess for 20 years, instability, coaches coming and going. Poor culture.

That’s why they keep losing games.

I like the look of some of the pies players but if you look through our list vs theirs, I think they have more to build around.

Would you rather 32yr old Roughead at full back or 23 yr old Weitering?

McKay or Mihocek?
Curnow or Cameron?
Fair point, but I have a lot of faith that with some of the young untried players currently on our list (e.g. Reef, Ginn, Beau) coupled with N Daicos next year, we're going to be OK. I'll concede that getting a top key forward would help us a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back