Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane fans of course would argue differently, and hence why none of us can stand Eddie Mcguire because of what he did to our club.

(1) Buckley has 1 year with us, wins the rising start and Collingwood come calling. Thank god we had a better player in Voss and Buckley never did win the premiership he argued he was leaving to win.
(2) Eddie argued we had a benefit in recruiting zone, Nick Riewoldt was coming through on the Gold Coast, our zone was decreased and Nick went into the national draft where St Kilda go him, bad luck Eddie.
(3) Eddie argued Brisbane had an advantage in salary cap with they away from home allowance - it was removed yet Sydney, GWS and Gold Coast all still got it. We lost 5 the next season except you guys took the wrong one on Pat Karnezis you should have got Elliot Yeo.

We understand where you guys are at, through 2005 to 2106 we couldn't rub 2 sticks together, couldn't understand if we were rebuilding or still heading down. If Covid struck back then we would be fine, most night at the Gabba we couldn't even fill one section of the stands. While we are glad to see Eddie and Buckley go - as supporters we stand with you know scratching our heads wondering how did your club get to the position it now sees itself. Its a lot like our Voss and Leppisch years - we had no idea and no support.
What position is our club in from your perspective?

Brisbane fans of course would argue differently, and hence why none of us can stand Eddie Mcguire because of what he did to our club.

(1) Buckley has 1 year with us, wins the rising start and Collingwood come calling. Thank god we had a better player in Voss and Buckley never did win the premiership he argued he was leaving to win.
(2) Eddie argued we had a benefit in recruiting zone, Nick Riewoldt was coming through on the Gold Coast, our zone was decreased and Nick went into the national draft where St Kilda go him, bad luck Eddie.
(3) Eddie argued Brisbane had an advantage in salary cap with they away from home allowance - it was removed yet Sydney, GWS and Gold Coast all still got it. We lost 5 the next season except you guys took the wrong one on Pat Karnezis you should have got Elliot Yeo.

We understand where you guys are at, through 2005 to 2106 we couldn't rub 2 sticks together, couldn't understand if we were rebuilding or still heading down. If Covid struck back then we would be fine, most night at the Gabba we couldn't even fill one section of the stands. While we are glad to see Eddie and Buckley go - as supporters we stand with you know scratching our heads wondering how did your club get to the position it now sees itself. Its a lot like our Voss and Leppisch years - we had no idea and no support.
Voss is just Bucks without the kicking skills

1) before you come in here and gob off about Buckley’s first year and then move to Collingwood, best you familiarise yourself with dealings between the main off field players from three clubs.

If what you say about the comparative state of our 2 clubs' lists is right, how do you explain that s***tshow Carlton put on against North Melbourne last weekend?

Don't rate Ollie Henry and other gun youngsters, e.g Beau Mc?

they have a few kids called McKay (young power forward leading the Coleman) Weitering (young kpd AA standard) and Walsh (probably best young kid in the afl).
Compared to Henry who has played 2 good games and 3 shockers and mcreery who will hopefully be a good small forward…

Look sometimes things fall a certain way,
Pre 2000 I attended Bears games at Carrara and thought WTF why are they playing here and not in Brisbane.
You blokes drafted well and developed many fine players I can not argue with that.
And landed a great coach to apply the cream on the cake so to speak.

they have a few kids called McKay (young power forward leading the Coleman) Weitering (young kpd AA standard) and Walsh (probably best young kid in the afl).
Compared to Henry who has played 2 good games and 3 shockers and mcreery who will hopefully be a good small forward…
Carlton have got some good players on their list and some ordinary ones. As do we. You've chosen to highlight who you think are Carltons good uns and build them up to make your argument, however there are a number of supposedly good players at the Blues who have their shortcomings. See No Spins post #3584.
I happen to think that we have some exciting prospects coming through, even though they are too young and inexperienced to be universally acknowledged by the BF community - yet.
Accuse me of being glass half full, but I reckon I know good prospects when I see them.

You realise that Buckley was always going to Collingwood, before the AFL invented the draft, and that the AFL forced him to go to Brisbane. When he said he would rather sit the year out the AFL threatened to not allow him to play, for any club, ever.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a last minute AFL intervention and Clarko ends up at the Gold Coast or GWS.

I think Clarko could be tempted to head to GWS over the Suns. I hope though he wants to remain in Melbourne, particularly with his son completing year 12 next year, and heads to the Pies!!

Collingwood were calling WAY before Buckley played at Brisbane......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have got some good players on their list and some ordinary ones. As do we. You've chosen to highlight who you think are Carltons good uns and build them up to make your argument, however there are a number of supposedly good players at the Blues who have their shortcomings. See No Spins post #3584.
I happen to think that we have some exciting prospects coming through, even though they are too young and inexperienced to be universally acknowledged by the BF community - yet.
Accuse me of being glass half full, but I reckon I know good prospects when I see them.

Carlton have better young kids than we do right now, arguing against that is just stupid. We have no one even remotely close to Weitering Sam Walsh or McKay… add in Curnow if he gets fit.

we have a lot of kids but our established talent under 24 is bottom 2 in the entire afl, this is a fact.

No bets this time mate. I'm doing ok for myself eitherway. Win some lose some.
It just seems to me Clarko is headed our way.

This is why Mitchell out of no where was named as a favourite for the position.

Graham Wright doing his magic.

4D chess?

So what's the scoop on where Clarkson is going? My gut says Carlton.

You can take that one to the bank I reckon. A bit more brouhaha within the Hawks ranks with Mitchell wanting to be the man now and Carlton having already decided that Teague is out at season's end would have gotten wind of it and thrown an offer at Clarko that he couldn't refuse.

Carlton have better young kids than we do right now, arguing against that is just stupid. We have no one even remotely close to Weitering Sam Walsh or McKay… add in Curnow if he gets fit.

we have a lot of kids but our established talent under 24 is bottom 2 in the entire afl, this is a fact.
How is it a fact? Seems like your opiniion to me, nothing more.

Continue on your merry (glass half empty) way then. Just because I hold a different perspective on the relative merits of the 2 clubs' lists, doesn't make my view stupid, by any objective assessment at least.

How is it a fact? Seems like your opiniion to me, nothing more.

Continue on your merry (glass half empty) way then. Just because I hold a different perspective on the relative merits of the 2 clubs' lists, doesn't make my view stupid, by any objective assessment at least.

tell me, have you actually watched any of Walsh, McKay or Weitering play football? You know they are all kids already at AA level? Please tell me which 3 of our kids are AA caliber to prove our kids are better.

go on.

theres being positive and there’s being deluded, those two things are not the same.

If we don't chase Clarko hard, and make him an offer he can't refuse, l will not renew my memberships........just get him Pies, as we will never get an opportunity like this, to get one the greatest coaches in AFL history to our club.
Would love to see what Clarko will do for the careers of Daicos x 2, Quaynor, Poulter, Rantall, Henry, Macrae, McCreery, Bianco, Ginnivan, Murphy, McInnes, McMahon, Keane, Wilson etc....all the young guns. Then the 20 somethings like Maynard, Grundy, Adams, Moore, DeGoey, Crisp, Mihocek etc
and reinvigorate the careers of veterans like Howe, Pendles, Sidey. All these players would get a huge boost in their careers if Clarko was to coach them. The guy has the ability to make players better.

Last edited:
I think so mate. Wright is a shrewd operator.

His addition to us was the best news ever.

I don't mind Korda either. He stated he is leaving football operations up to Wrighty.

I see him as a President in the background that does not interfere.

Wright coming home was well over due,
Who knows what will happen next tho in regards to the Coach and the Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back