Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorringe is the man. He could impregnate the virgin mary with a sly smile alone.

3 years from now i want gorringe in the ruck 30% of the time and the rest at FF with naita part time relieving at ff and bench as the games dominant tap ruckman.

I also want lecras as one of the games elite midfielders/part time forwards.

On top of this i want notte in one pocket as a mercurial marking target. A-la birdman/robertson style.

I want lots more things too but they get more wild and wonderful with every imagining, so i'll leave them in the closeted area of my mind.

Re: Nathan Krakour and Daniel Wells

kerr for wells, no thanks

I'd do that. But Woosha says no.:(

Wells I've seen play the mid sized leading forward role very well, Kerr is a one spot player and if he's having a bad game you can't move him anywhere else but on the ball / wing.

Wells and Le Cras forward swapping off a wing would be very, very nice.

Both Kerr and Wells with injury / form concerns, both big names.

Not a silly trade at all IMO.:thumbsu:

Because Woosha wants a small mature forward. Would like to think hes talking about someone else but I got no other logical options

Doesn't matter, Woosha doesn't need logic.

Draft Jed Lamb. Probable early second round selection, elite pace, strong defensive pressure and great goal sense. Why on earth are they considering this?

Draft Jed Lamb. Probable early second round selection, elite pace, strong defensive pressure and great goal sense. Why on earth are they considering this?

Agreed!

Jed Lamb just looks to have class written all ove him. Might be a bit of a stretch for him to still be around at picks 27-30 though. I would think he will go late first round would be my guess...

I reckon all this trade talk is supposed to be to make us all feel better. It is like the club is aware that their efforts this year have not been up to scratch so come end of season they are going to trade in 'x' player who will address all of our shortcomings and make us a top 8 team.

I am happy to think that this is just talk to soothe the frazzled nerves of the downtrodden Eagles supporter.

I am sure that WCE being WCE will do due dilligence when it comes to list management...

I reckon all this trade talk is supposed to be to make us all feel better. It is like the club is aware that their efforts this year have not been up to scratch so come end of season they are going to trade in 'x' player who will address all of our shortcomings and make us a top 8 team.

I am happy to think that this is just talk to soothe the frazzled nerves of the downtrodden Eagles supporter.

I am sure that WCE being WCE will do due dilligence when it comes to list management...

It could work...
891386HBO111111M.jpg
tx_crack03.jpg

Perhaps Woosha has mistaken 16th for 6th. Im pretty sure that fits with his projected development so he's looking for that extra 10%. Ive scooped Woosha's program and it clearly states in 2010 that we will "finish 8-6th" and target mature age players at the trade table.

image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also plays midfield a fair bit so he's playing a similar role as Ballantyne up the ground and not just forward.

But will he be allowd to wear the yellow boots is the big question?;)

Just an Idea, but instead of drafting Gorringe, take a Darling or an Atley and trade for Todd Goldstein. Young, Proven at AFL level, and with North already having 3 quality rucks/KPP could see our club as a chance for more game time, especially if Cox goes. can play forward too. unsure of contract status though

Just an Idea, but instead of drafting Gorringe, take a Darling or an Atley and trade for Todd Goldstein. Young, Proven at AFL level, and with North already having 3 quality rucks/KPP could see our club as a chance for more game time, especially if Cox goes. can play forward too. unsure of contract status though

Re-signed this year.

Would cost you far too much.

Will/Is better than McIntosh already.

Easier said than done. Norf would never willingly trade out Goldstein. He's a good young ruck, with a long future ahead of him.
As has been noted on BF, Goldstein is Norf's future, hence the Norf supporters wanting to trade Hale.

Daniel Motlop wont be expensive & would allow LeCras into the midfield.

Motlop might realise its last chance stuff & perform all the time knowing the Frenchman could replace him.
His short-term future at Alberton is based on earning his recall to the AFL by finding form in the SANFL.

His long-term future is far more complicated, considering his off-field issues. His six-year-old son, Jesse, is living in Perth, increasing the prospect of a compassionate trade in line with ruckman Darren Jolly's move from Sydney Swans to Collingwood for family reasons.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27505657-5018851,00.html

3rd round plus a Mckinlay type?

I dont want to start controversy , but the Daniel Wells trade has thrown a lot of West Coast supporters opinions .... I like what Wells could do fo West Coast and the young players , but if we could get maybe Josh Smith also in the deal or even better Aaron Black ( which would require maybe Smith going to NM in the Black deal ) I think it would be good and even .

NM is a good club and have maintained there ladder position very well , but say

Pick 4 - Wells and Josh Smith or

pick 4 & Smith - Wells and Black

I would be okay with either deal .... anyway I am merely wondering what could be a fair deal !

Daniel Motlop wont be expensive & would allow LeCras into the midfield.

Motlop might realise its last chance stuff & perform all the time knowing the Frenchman could replace him.
His short-term future at Alberton is based on earning his recall to the AFL by finding form in the SANFL.

His long-term future is far more complicated, considering his off-field issues. His six-year-old son, Jesse, is living in Perth, increasing the prospect of a compassionate trade in line with ruckman Darren Jolly's move from Sydney Swans to Collingwood for family reasons.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27505657-5018851,00.html

3rd round plus a Mckinlay type?

A 3rd rounder, plus McKinley is well overs.

WC shouldn't even consider Motlop. Unless they miss the offerings of Staker.

I dont want to start controversy , but the Daniel Wells trade has thrown a lot of West Coast supporters opinions .... I like what Wells could do fo West Coast and the young players , but if we could get maybe Josh Smith also in the deal or even better Aaron Black ( which would require maybe Smith going to NM in the Black deal ) I think it would be good and even .

NM is a good club and have maintained there ladder position very well , but say

Pick 4 - Wells and Josh Smith or

pick 4 & Smith - Wells and Black

I would be okay with either deal .... anyway I am merely wondering what could be a fair deal !

I don't want to lose smith, He is already one of are best kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back