Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice cope attempts Carlton fans.
We are top 4 and the same wins as you guys😂.
This despite a dreadfully start and premiership hangover and the worst injury list in the comp.
Wonder what will happen when we actually get our act together🤔.

You’ve played 1 more game than us & your mob has a BYE next week.

IF Port win today, you will be 4th & us 3rd (%)

Hang on, have we found something we agree on?

The core of the problem is the way the rules are written. I'd hate to be an umpire, it's impossible for four umpires to consistently apply/interpret the rules.

The rules need to be simplified; it's the only way.
The first thing I'd do is remove the deliberate/insufficient intent rule.

There really is a first time for everything 😂

I partially agree about your comment on the rules and am especially against mid-season rule changes. I was completely shocked that they chose to change the HTB interpretation this season and I think it has hurt our game. But there are so many other rules that have been the same for so long and they are still making simple mistakes that impact games.

If they can't even get goal reviews right where they have the benefit of as many replays as they want I am not expecting any improvement in on-field umpiring any time soon.
I still don't recall a dubious goal review call in the second quarter - you realise it has to be a clear mistake to overturn the umpire's decision?

I still don't recall a dubious goal review call in the second quarter - you realise it has to be a clear mistake to overturn the umpire's decision?
My goal review comment wasn't about this game specifically - was just talking generally. But the one I am talking about was the Crisp (I believe) snap which looked like it was touched by Scott's right hand.

It took Carlton four quarters to beat North by 50+ points. We did it in less than a half. 2-1 and a bye in a month where we had to pick 1/3 of the side from VFL grade players ain't as bad as I was expecting, and with the schizophrenic form of every team from about 3rd down, there's a glimmer of hope. We may be waiting until the last week or two of the season again to settle this year's all important question.

You beat the 18th team by 1 point!

Good try :rolleyes:

IMG_0731.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

How about a side with half of the VFL players playing against you, at home. You blokes aren't in the Collingwood and Carlton league so just move on
I agree with that but I'm entitled to my opinion in any case. Don't really give a shit about two entitled VFL club and their supporters dick measuring contest. Not sure how I got sucked into this crap thread.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with that but I'm entitled to my opinion in any case. Don't really give a shit about two entitled VFL club and their supporters dick measuring contest. Not sure how I got sucked into this crap thread.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wile E Coyote Cartoon GIF

I think the Pies will be better, as whilst both teams get regularly favourable umpiring nobody comes close to the umpiring received by Naicos and the Pies. That non-HTB call late on Naicos, no goal review, no 50m penalty .. it’s actually hard to lose with umpiring like that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back