Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s ‘reigning premier Collingwood’ to you my fair peasant. Still in a flag afterglow, your heroic barbs just make me smile.
Pies down the bottom end of the eight makes us smile as well.

Yeah, not sold on your gleeful gloating about Murphy retiring due to concussion.

I get that you’re all very excited about your July runners-up status, but pretty tasteless even for a banter thread.
It wasn't a gleeful remark about Murphy, harden up will you.

No one’s happy about a player retiring from concussions. It’s awful for him and I hope he is doing well in his life.
Mate there was no need for a reply what you said was the truth.

Mate there was no need for a reply what you said was the truth.

I get it. Reading my post back can be misconstrued as being happy about a rival losing a very important player to retirement, but that wasn’t my intention so I apologise if it came across that way.

I get it. Reading my post back can be misconstrued as being happy about a rival losing a very important player to retirement, but that wasn’t my intention so I apologise if it came across that way.
It was a spot on remark mate, Murphy going down has made a few defenders look average.

So have the Pies fans here finally dealt with, and mentally accepted the fact that we are a major player and a powerhouse again?

Take a good look at that trophy. It'll be a fair old while before you see it again.;)

So have the Pies fans here finally dealt with, and mentally accepted the fact that we are a major player and a powerhouse again?

Take a good look at that trophy. It'll be a fair old while before you see it again.;)
A powerhouse again?

Because Carlton are in the top 4 at the end of June, for the first time in over two decades?

LOLOLOLOL

And in relation to 'it will be a fair old while before we see the Trophy again....' - as I've said many times, we're currently meant to be in the midst of a (minimum) 5 year period of Carlton like bottom 4 mediocrity. After all, that's what we were all told after 2021...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
A powerhouse again?

Because Carlton are in the top 4 at the end of June, for the first time in over two decades?

LOLOLOLOL

And in relation to 'it will be a fair old while before we see the Trophy again....' - as I've said many times, we're currently meant to be in the midst of a (minimum) 5 year period of Carlton like bottom 4 mediocrity. After all, that what we were all told after 2021...

LOLOLOLOLOL
The answer to my question is a resounding no then!

What a rip-snorter. Let me check, nope, afterglow still there. Still smiling. Carry on

Afterglow (aka delusion) diminishes faster than your teams’ reputation.

Now there’s a new glow for you to enjoy!

Dumpster Fire GIF by Scorpion Dagger

A powerhouse again?

LOLOLOLOL

And in relation to 'it will be a fair old while before we see the Trophy again....' - as I've said many times, we're currently meant to be in the midst of a (minimum) 5 year period of Carlton like bottom 4 mediocrity. After all, that what we were all told after 2021...

LOLOLOLOLOL
Pies are dead in the water, will be well out of the eight in two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well.

We're meant to be bottom 4 this year anyway, after having been bottom 4 for the previous 3 years.

So with a flag in the back pocket from 2023, one can't be too disappointed...
Mate have another coffee you're repeating the same thing over and over.

Lets talk Collingwood #2

How come all the talk from our friends the Collingwood supporters is about the kidGOAT and no one wants to talk about their 'captain' the faux blondie with the pointed knee syndrome?

a) Is it because they want teh kidGOAT to be the Captain
b) DO they know that their DMoore is a faux leader
c) Are they ashamed of his sniping ways
d) all of the above

Suppelementary issue

How long does it take before the AFL respond to blatant thuggery on the part of DMoore - how many more players do Collingwood #Dirtybirds have to retire out of the game or put into ICU before action is taken ?

Will D Moore be forced to wear pads on his knees ( let's leave aside the pads under his undies) to protect opposition players from his pointy knees?

A powerhouse again?

LOLOLOLOL

And in relation to 'it will be a fair old while before we see the Trophy again....' - as I've said many times, we're currently meant to be in the midst of a (minimum) 5 year period of Carlton like bottom 4 mediocrity. After all, that's what we were all told after 2021...

LOLOLOLOLOL
Let me correct you there
Carlton are top 2.

Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Pie supporters still struggling to stay on topic

The salt levels are glorious
Well, I do confess to finding it a breath of fresh air to actually having something to banter about. Got a bit boring for a few decades there to constantly be requested to smell what you were cooking whilst you won a record number of wooden spoons. All off the back of being caught cheating mind you, with the investigation conveniently focussing on the years shortly after you won the flag* (you were also caught cheating the year before the premiership* too) - think I can smell something there...

On topic as per your wishes, we've got you covered in finals. Hence, my projection is we will ultimately be better :)

Last edited:
Well, I do confess to finding it a breath of fresh air to actually having something to banter about. Got a bit boring for a few decades there to constantly be requested to smell what you were cooking whilst you won a record number of wooden spoons. All off the back of being caught cheating mind you, with the investigation conveniently focussing on the years shortly after you won the flag* (you were also caught cheating the year before the premiership* too) - think I can smell something there...

On topic as per your wishes, we've got you covered in finals. Hence, my projection is we will ultimately be better :)
It still amuses me how history for the Pies is a 20 year window

Not my wishes, it's purely the OP and you, could, have us covered come finals

It still amuses me how history for the Pies is a 20 year window

Not my wishes, it's purely the OP and you, could, have us covered come finals
Recency bias is a thing. It likely hit harder to witness human sacrifice first hand in ancient Egypt as opposed to reading about it in a text book. Any Carlton supporter 40 or under has only known mediocrity except for that one year*

On topic, appreciate the consistency in your lack of conviction to predict anything one way or another. My prediction could well bite me in the ass, and you're invited to rubbish me relentlessly should it go that way.

In any case, this banter thread will be gold if either team wins the flag or meets in a final.

Recency bias is a thing. It likely hit harder to witness human sacrifice first hand in ancient Egypt as opposed to reading about it in a text book. Any Carlton supporter 40 or under has only known mediocrity except for that one year*
Another limited timeline, it's been done to death, like a rebuttal of 8 to 3 flags in my lifetime and many other Carlton supporters

On topic, appreciate your consistency in your lack of conviction to predict anything one way or another. My prediction could well bite me in the ass, and you're invited to rubbish me relentlessly should it go that way.

This banter thread will be gold if either team wins the flag or meets in a final.
I predicted both sides would make finals, while others, such as a so called self proclaimed guru analyst and punter, stated Carlton would finish 16th

You're right though, great for banter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back