Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I love this thread, the laughs are brilliant

I had never been on the main board outside of probably 5-10 posts since I’ve been on here as a member and then I discovered this thread. Funny as shit at times.

LoL at having a crack at cherry picking

Poor Bagger fans love running with the since 1960 or some other random time frame that ensures it includes their 20 year purple patch back in VFL days.

Pies have the most flags - 16
Pies have the most finals wins - 85
Pies have the most overall wins - 1608
Pies have the H2H record against Carlton
Pies won our only match-up in 2024

No need for cherry picking if you are a Pie.
It was a pies fan that was being highlighted for cherry picking...but you go doubleflanger...

Congratulations - you have the same amount of Grand Final appearances since the turn of the century as Gold Coast.

And behind St. Kilda!
Footy has been going a lot longer than the turn of the century old mate, Pies weren't even there early doors, Carlton 22 flags Pies 17 flags.

LoL at having a crack at cherry picking

Poor Bagger fans love running with the since 1960 or some other random time frame that ensures it includes their 20 year purple patch back in VFL days.

Pies have the most flags - 16
Pies have the most finals wins - 85
Pies have the most overall wins - 1608
Pies have the H2H record against Carlton
Pies won our only match-up in 2024

No need for cherry picking if you are a Pie.

So the actual translation is Carlton lead Collingwood this year by 2 wins and sizable percentage

Another nice waffle though

Of course it was a Pies fan being highlighted (by you) for cherry picking.

Because when Carlton fans do it, 'there's nothing to see here...'

Hypocritical.
Of course not...pretty much every post on this thread is hypocritical if you hadn't noticed!! Sheesh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it was a Pies fan being highlighted (by you) for cherry picking.

Because when Carlton fans do it, 'there's nothing to see here...'

Hypocritical.
giphy.gif

Indeed.

Which equates to most Grand Final appearances and most finals won.

I expect it's much better than collecting wooden spoons and number 1 draft picks (though as a Collingwood supporter, I can't really comment on that).

We didn’t “collect” wooden spoons to put into our trophy cabinet. As the whole “wooden spoon” thing is a made up thing from supporters.

Just like there is no runners-up trophies-ies-ies-ies-ies-ies-ies-ies-etc-a-whole-lot-of-times that Collingwood have in their trophy cabinet. So stop celebration your GF appearances, it’s weird. Celebrate the GF wins and forget the GF losses. You seem to celebrate them both in equal measure.

Congratulations - for failing to realise that's its 2024
Oh.

I know all too well it's 2024.

But I also know all too well that that there hasn't yet been a game played in July, and anything can happen over the next 3 months.

I'm sure you realise that two of the 2023 Preliminary Finalists were not even in the top 8 after round 16 last year, but you may not realise that the June Participation Trophy winners - who were second favourite for the flag and second on the ladder - failed to even play in a Preliminary Final...

We didn’t “collect” wooden spoons to put into our trophy cabinet. As the whole “wooden spoon” thing is a made up thing from supporters.

Just like there is no runners-up trophies-ies-ies-ies-ies-ies-ies-ies-etc-a-whole-lot-of-times that Collingwood have in their trophy cabinet. So stop celebration your GF appearances, it’s weird. Celebrate the GF wins and forget the GF losses. You seem to celebrate them both in equal measure.
I celebrate 'winning games of football', and appreciate you may have either forgotten, or never realised, but a team has to win a lot of games of football to reach a Grand Final.

Which is much better than losing most games you play.

Oh.

But I also know all too well that that there hasn't yet been a game played in July, and anything can happen over the next 3 months.

I'm sure you realise that two of the 2023 Preliminary Finalists were not even in the top 8 after round 16 last year, but you may not realise that the June Participation Trophy winners - who were second favourite for the flag and second on the ladder - failed to even play in a Preliminary Final...
We don't care because history wont repeat itself this year - your seemingly awesome history lesson is completely irrelevant.

Oh.

So, again, you go back on past results - which 2 from outside the top 8 are playing in the prelims this year old mate. You are clutching at straws here.
And being a punter, I will remind you that TAB has closed its odds on Sydney and Carlton missing the top 8. Pies are still in the betting go figure.

I celebrate 'winning games of football', and appreciate you may have either forgotten, or never realised, but a team has to win a lot of games of football to reach a Grand Final.

Which is much better than losing most games you play.
Pretty sure the ledger is in the positive on the wins/losses since I was born

Oh.

You can always dream mate, doesn't mean it will happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back