Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Great. That would probably be my top 5 as well.

But it's clear that the multiple posters who say there is a dramatic drop off after that top 5 has NFI.

As we then have:
Crisp
Mihocek
Elliott
Sidebottom
Howe
Quaynor
Mitchell
Hill
CAMERON!

And the list goes on.
To be fair you have said this about Carlton as well. You are always going to get people giving it back to you. No team can be at the top end of the ladder off performances of just five players - it's ridiculous

To be fair you have said this about Carlton as well. You are always going to get people giving it back to you. No team can be at the top end of the ladder off performances of just five players - it's ridiculous
Indeed.

It was the case re: Carlton for a long time, hence why it took so long to break into the top 8.

Not sure I've said it for a while, however.

In saying that, I would be interested to see how Carlton would perform in the absence of either Cripps or Curnow.

Collingwood have never been a team that has been overly reliant on a top 5. Though acknowledge that with the challenges we've experienced this year, I'd hate to think where we'd be without GOATcos doing what he's done.

Indeed.

It was the case re: Carlton for a long time, hence why it took so long to break into the top 8.

Not sure I've said it for a while, however.

In saying that, I would be interested to see how Carlton would perform in the absence of either Cripps or Curnow.
We have midfield depth to the point that Hewett has fallen out of the team despite being in great form so I think it would be covered but ofc not close to Cripps' level.

We were okay without McKay last year during his knee injury and I have him on a similar level to Curnow importance-wise.

You used it in your rebuttal , so you believed what they were implying.
Of course I did, as they were accurate at the time.

Collingwood supporters had seen Cameron having a great season to the point he'd be second only to GOATcos in his club's B&F, and supported by the opinions of the AA selection committee.

If they hadn't brought his name up and instead went with 2 or 3 others, it might have prompted us to look a little closer...

Of course I did, as they were accurate at the time.

Collingwood supporters had seen Cameron having a great season to the point he'd be second only to GOATcos in his club's B&F, and supported by the opinions of the AA selection committee.

If they hadn't brought his name up and instead went with 2 or 3 others, it might have prompted us to look a little closer...
So not coming second in your B and F anymore ?

Well I'm not interested in engaging in any forensic discussion about a bet which is honoured by one party and not accepted by another as I delegate legalities to minions and worker bees who wear funny horse hair hats as and when required. As for button mashers - there is button mashing for the good of the wider community as in your examples and then there is the type of button mashing that I am referencing - the type of person who has made an art of eliciting an inappropriate response after continual baiting- the type of character who refuses to answer questions or respond in civil manner sans deflection, and lies...but is fast on the trigger when it sees an opportunity - I would say tehe button masher type Im referencing IS the virus - hiding away through lies and deflections distortions and dis ingenuities bubbling away with poisonous intent - this is an insidious pox on the population the button masher.

they should; be outted as they bring dishonour to teh banter - flea bitten weazles that they are.
"Art of eliciting" sounds like a skill issue.

Take responsibility for your emotions, wear the bans and thank the poster who got you banned for the lesson. If they are a troll, never speak to them again.

And in a banter thread, ensure your skin is thick enough before posting. No one owes Carlton respect, least of all Carlton supporters.

But it's clear that the multiple posters who say there is a dramatic drop off after that top 5 has NFI.

As we then have:
Crisp
Mihocek
Elliott
Sidebottom
Howe
Quaynor
Mitchell
Hill
CAMERON!

And the list goes on.
Hill and Quanor, the rest are battling and over the hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be lucky to be in the top 12 rucks in the league.
I don't disagree, but the original discussion was about 2024 performance, at a point in time which was the midway point of the season.

Nor would he be in the highest paid 12 rucks in the league. Been there, done that.

De Koning wouldn't have been in the top dozen rucks in the league before his past month either.

I don't disagree, but the original discussion was about 2024 performance, at a point in time which was the midway point of the season.

Nor would he be in the highest paid 12 rucks in the league. Been there, done that.

De Koning wouldn't have been in the top dozen rucks in the league before his past month either.
Guess that's what happens when you pump up an average, soon to b 29yr old footballer who has a couple of good games and then returns to his normal output.

Theres no way anyone actually thinks Darcy Moore is a top 5 player at Collingwood is there? He's been close to the worst regular KPD in the comp this year. Theres Pie fans asking for him to be dropped to the VFL such is his shiteness.

Have said it for years, he would struggle to defend an Auskicker. Murphy and Howe were better defenders than Daisy.

Theres no way anyone actually thinks Darcy Moore is a top 5 player at Collingwood is there? He's been close to the worst regular KPD in the comp this year. Theres Pie fans asking for him to be dropped to the VFL such is his shiteness.

Have said it for years, he would struggle to defend an Auskicker. Murphy and Howe were better defenders than Daisy.
The only thing Darcy does “well” is sink his knees into oppo players to cause injury.

He value-adds for us every time we play them, otherwise. :)

As we then have:
Crisp
Mihocek
Elliott
Sidebottom
Howe
Quaynor
Mitchell
Hill
CAMERON!

And the list goes on.
Now let’s see their age and an honest assessment of how long left they have on the list

Now let’s see their age and an honest assessment of how long left they have on the list
Hilarious to see them list Mitchell as some sort of big in. He was struggling to be best 22 before injuring himself and is about as close to cooked as you can get. He'll be retired within 24 months, guarantee it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back