Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres no way anyone actually thinks Darcy Moore is a top 5 player at Collingwood is there? He's been close to the worst regular KPD in the comp this year. Theres Pie fans asking for him to be dropped to the VFL such is his shiteness.

Have said it for years, he would struggle to defend an Auskicker. Murphy and Howe were better defenders than Daisy.
Last year Moore was in our top 2

Not sure what has happened to him this year, he's only 28 and should be hitting his peak

Probably still top 5 in importance but certainly not form

Only Hill and Quaynor with any future beyond next season.
Pies fans right now remind me of tigers fans a few years ago

Writing is on the wall but refusing to acknowledge it

Theres no way anyone actually thinks Darcy Moore is a top 5 player at Collingwood is there? He's been close to the worst regular KPD in the comp this year. Theres Pie fans asking for him to be dropped to the VFL such is his shiteness.

Have said it for years, he would struggle to defend an Auskicker. Murphy and Howe were better defenders than Daisy.
I assumed everyone at there best - in that case I would have Moore in purely a third tall intercepting defender role. He would be the best intercept defender in the comp if he was in that role. Less accountability and more use for his athleticism and running ability

Pies fans right now remind me of tigers fans a few years ago

Writing is on the wall but refusing to acknowledge it
At least the Tigers have kept their first round draft picks, it's the only way out of it.

Unlike those tired Tigers we've got the best player in the comp and he's only 21, sure we'll be fine 🙂
Bolton was talked about as top 5 in the comp only a few years ago

No player can do it on their own need young elite talent on every line and more than one player for each

Experience can’t be underestimated either

Otherwise Gold Coast would of won flags with Ablett

& don’t you Carlton campaigners get too lippy either!
Your time will come I tells ya!
You mark my words!

You’ll be like me sitting in the rain on a Saturday night watching some flog oppo team absolutely ripping your boys a new arseh*le in a 10 minute period in the 3rd qtr with the only positive being a first gamer held one of the best key backs in the comp to minimum impact!!

Edit
Sunday arvo* I’m so emotionally torn over last weekend I can’t even remember what day it was

Last edited:

No player can do it on their own need young elite talent on every line and more than one player for each

"Young elite talent on every line" 😆

We just won a flag with some epic donkeys

It's the AFL not the UEFA Champions League

I was talking in reference to replacing the old guard who are the backbone of what are making you competitive in the present

Keep up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was talking in reference to replacing the old guard who are the backbone of what are making you competitive in the present

Keep up
They were all supposed to retire 3 years ago

Anyway, we're brimming with young talent

Joe Richards, Ned Long, Big Roo... the list goes on 😆

Yep - Nick D will have enough of Collingwood once the other 3 wheels fall off their ricketty little bandwagon.

He’ll ask for a trade to North within a year - I hear he was impressed by them recently!

Yep - Nick D will have enough of Collingwood once the other 3 wheels fall off their ricketty little bandwagon.

He’ll ask for a trade to North within a year - I hear he was impressed by them recently!
Imagine Sheezel and Daicos fighting over the cheap ball across the half bank flank!?

Would be like two seagulls fighting over a chip at Williamstown :moustache:

& don’t you Carlton campaigners get too lippy either!
Your time will come I tells ya!
You mark my words!

You’ll be like me sitting in the rain on a Saturday night watching some flog oppo team absolutely ripping your boys a new arseh*le in a 10 minute period in the 3rd qtr with the only positive being a first gamer held one of the best key backs in the comp to minimum impact!!

Edit
Sunday arvo* I’m so emotionally torn over last weekend I can’t even remember what day it was
We've been doing that for 20 years mate, our time has just started.

Kudos to your coach and the players bought in as well, won't happen again though.

We've been doing that for 20 years mate, our time has just started.
Absolutely
Carlton have that mix right atm with that blend of experience, talent and youth

Going to be a very pleasant few years for the blue baggers and hopefully the club can capitalise on it with some silverware

Although I still stand by the fact that you guys only won on Saturday because of that blind ****ing ump not calling that touched ball that resulted in Mckays goal that was the momentum swing for the entire game

If that didn’t happen we would have beaten you by 32 points!

* By Richmond supporters.

When has he even performed in the top 20 players in the comp over a full season?

I'm not talking the odd flash of brilliance, or the odd brilliant game. A full season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back