Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he doesn't. That's why he keeps bringing up stats from yesteryear
I've seen Carlton win 8 flags. That means 1) I'm getting old and 2) I would have to have been born in the 1920's as a Pies supporter to be able to claim something similar.

In a thread where history of any sort isn’t really that relevant Fadge seems to cherry pick the more recent parts of history (and deny the rest) to try and paper over the cracks on his rapidly sinking ship.

I've seen Carlton win 8 flags. That means 1) I'm getting old and 2) I would have to have been born in the 1920's as a Pies supporter to be able to claim something similar.

In a thread where history of any sort isn’t really that relevant Fadge seems to cherry pick the more recent parts of history (and deny the rest) to try and paper over the cracks on his rapidly sinking ship.
Well, he is pretty much last man standing. All the rest have bailed the sinking ship. Give him some credit - he will go down swinging.
What size are you Fadge ? I have an old AVCO jumper I can lend you to wear in the finals

Do you realise that Lachie Schultz is likely going to cost you a top 10 pick this year and a second rounder last year at exactly the same time that the Pies list is screaming out for replenishment?

Do you realise that Carlton supporters will be chuckling for years if Freo take said likely top 10 pick and draft a decent player who will be forever known as the player that the pies gave away for Schultz?
Worst bit, they still have Schultz on their books

Do you realise that the Ginnivan trade is starting to look worse and worse and that the 2nd rounder that you got from Hawthorn might end up being worse than the one they give you?
Essentially gave him away plus giving the Hawks a late pick, glorious

School Math GIF by National Geographic Channel

There’s a chance!

Any

We're making up the numbers this season, but happy to do a few favours along the way.

Who will be better in 2024 Carlton or Collingwood?
That is the thread title.

Try and stay on topic and retain an air of civility in your discourse.

Seriously though we saw Collingwood perform pretty well in that middle patch earlier in the year, and they had injuries then so that is not an excuse

What has happened since though is teams have worked them out

Contending teams have their own one wood and DNA

Swans - it’s all about transition football, punishing from turnover and the fab 3 in the midfield cutting up opposition. Dangerous in most facets

Carlton; it’s contest and pressure and brutality in the midfield, power forwards are the icing on the cake

Fremantle: it’s about keeping’s off and high possession game, they simply make it difficult for opposition to get the game in their terms and their efficiency in ball movement forward of late has been a sound growth area

Geelong; it’s about elite ball use, forward threats, the weakness being when they put to the sword with pressure

Collingwood’s one wood, well it was the houndini 20 minute purple patch, they simply don’t put teams to the sword, can’t or won’t unlike the other contenders and that fact has shattered their confidence, Fly is at his wits end and the ship is sinking deep

Not to mention a dearth of star youngsters besides Nicky D, giving up a top 10 pick for a role player, ageing stars and you have a team that’s on the skids…

It’s an exciting time in the afl but Collingwood isn’t part of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought pies did well considering they were down by 3 goals after a minute and a half. Pretty much even after that. Geelong just too good in the end

Some people need to keep being reminded.

It's astounding Carlton folk would attempt to bag a premiership player who has achieved more at AFL level than their entire list combined.
Yeah and I can categorically tell you he wouldnt make our best 22…not even our best 30.

He certainly has.

Do you realise he's kicked as many goals in a single finals game (multiple times) as your boy Charlie has kicked in finals games across his entire career?
Thats the dumbest stat I've ever heard, el Fladgo.

Mason Cox vs Charlie Curnow, wow - now we know how deluded you really are!

Mason will fit right into his bottom-4-Dirty-Bird side next year - enjoy his rich array of talents.

Mason's top 5 strengths listed below for your reference;

1. running while pretending to be a spider,
2. wearing sunglasses,
3. kicking 30 meter drop punts,
4. "shooshing" a crowd that doesn't know he exists.
5. pretending he matters....

200.gif

Nice morning read - this is what a real captain looks like :)

None of the flakey standing-behind-the-ball-dodgy-kicks-to-the-oppo (per Moore).

Captain Crunch, Patrick Cripps may well be the GCOAT!!

If you answer the question in the thread title, clearly Carlton are better in 2024 than Collingwood.

However, thus far, Carlton have not won anything worth bragging about since 1995.

Whilst I have high hopes this season, until we actually salute, I'll refrain from slinging sh1t at the reigning premiers.
Slinging shit on Collingwood isn't a destination - it's a journey.

Start now & work your way up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back