Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2024, but also an interesting discussion point.

Who do you see finishing higher in 2024?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.
Part One is here
Part 2 is here

Last edited:
If you wanna fly your flag because you're 8th and out of the premiership hunt then go ahead, mate. Pies fans are content with this year, especially knowing you can only dream of experiencing a drop off like this
Season isn't over . Ebbs and flows as you have witnessed. Plenty to play out in my opinion . Just won't involve your mob

I get that, but then you may as well start assessing games played against each opponent when they play each other, not based on a fixture determined by the order in which teams finished last year.

And then take into account personnel / injuries.

You are trying to make something pretty simple overly difficult.

Just stick with ladder position.
Yeah, why use all the data available to arrive at a conclusion, when you can make it very simple and use a single data point to quickly form a conclusion, even if it is inaccurate?

In years to come I will fondly remember Daicos's goal and McGoverns kick to beat your sorry mob twice. Not as great as the grim reaper game but still up there.

I suspect they will end up being the only things Carlton fans remember from 2024 in the future too😂.
We Carlton supporters get told off for bringing up the past by posters in here. Same rules won't apply. Knock yourself out with those memories.

You've consistently proven you can't, so why would any of us bother?
You have consistently proven yourself incapable of being even a little bit unbiased when it comes to anything relating to Carlton. Why would anyone want to discuss Carlton with you?

Who cares when you are in the 8 and still a chance to win it.....your rabble are not !
Woohoo!

Three consecutive seasons where Carlton have challenged to make finals!

It doesn't get any better than this for a Carlton supporter, despite any chance of them contending for a flag in 2024 disappearing with a McGovern shank on Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have consistently proven yourself incapable of being even a little bit unbiased when it comes to anything relating to Carlton. Why would anyone want to discuss Carlton with you?
Because you might learn something.

Four little dot points that I highlighted earlier, and have been saying for years, seem to be the difference between Carlton contending for premierships, and Carlton challenging to make up the numbers in finals.

Because you might learn something.

Four little dot points that I highlighted earlier, and have been saying for years, seem to be the difference between Carlton contending for premierships, and Carlton challenging to make up the numbers in finals.
It is impossible to learn anything from anyone that incredibly biased. If you even tried to open the other eye maybe some worthy discussion could be had

Woohoo!

Three consecutive seasons where Carlton have challenged to make finals!

It doesn't get any better than this for a Carlton supporter, despite any chance of them contending for a flag in 2024 disappearing with a McGovern shank on Saturday night.
You like to think that. Reality is , Carlton are still in the mix for finals and any side is still a chance from that position.
Collingwood - nup. They blew it against Essendon and Saints of all teams and won't be contending this year.

They blew it against Essendon and Saints of all teams and won't be contending this year.
Oh how horrid 😆

The smart ones amongst us kind of worked this out 6 weeks ago

Still getting plenty of unexpected joy though, what a legendary win for Pendles' 400th, great springboard into next year

That's what powerhouses do, salvage from the wreck

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back