Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

See, Carlton supporters - that's how it's done.

Although I would challenge against that being 'bigger' than their win against West Coast on Sunday.

It was Carlton's 6th win for the 2017 season, and guess it meant they avoided the spoon.

But for me, repercussions for finals are more important than whether a team finishes 16th, 17th or 18th...
1915, 1938, 1970, 1979 and 1981.

1915, 1938, 1970, 1979 and 1981.

1970 was another vintage Collingwood year.

Round 8: Collingwood 16-12-108 to Carlton 12-13-85
Round 19: Collingwood 13-23-101 to Carlton 2-12-24
Semi Final: Collingwood 17-16-118 to Carlton 17-6-108
Grand Final Half time: Collingwood 10-13-73 to Carlton 4-5-29
Grand Final Full time: Collingwood 14-17-101 to Carlton 17-9-111

1970 was another vintage Collingwood year.

Round 8: Collingwood 16-12-108 to Carlton 12-13-85
Round 19: Collingwood 13-23-101 to Carlton 2-12-24
Semi Final: Collingwood 17-16-118 to Carlton 17-6-108
Grand Final Half time: Collingwood 10-13-73 to Carlton 4-5-29
Grand Final Full time: Collingwood 14-17-101 to Carlton 17-9-111
Ah, the memories....

Even if they are memories, as opposed reality of the present...

Ah, the memories....

Even if they are memories, as opposed reality of the present...

Love how your mob have an issue with going back that far into the past when at one point on here “Carlton won flags during world war 1 so those don’t count” was a daily thing on here. 😂

The reality of the present being 2024 .
Premiership defence = severe failure. No other way of looking at it.
You should all join chompers on Swan St cleaning cars for a few hours
What would Carlton supporters give to be able to say their team 'failed to defend a premiership'... meaning they won a premiership in the first place.

Oh my.

GWS , Port , Collingwood twice. Add Geelong , Richmond and North
How is that bottom 6 fixture done again exactly ?
because it is identical to ours except substituting Adelaide for port (yes ADelaide easier than port but anticipated adelaide would challenge for the 8 and port were unclear on progression). And we were bottom 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you're not contending for the premiership...
I'll be surprised if we even make the 8, we definitely don't deserve it. I guess the sad reality is both our teams underperformed this year. Mine might have a slight chance to do some damage if they pull their finger out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess next week we can cry together in 9th/10th spot if worst scenario happens. Atleast we can say we we're better by 1 ladder position 🤷

I'll be surprised if we even make the 8, we definitely don't deserve it. I guess the sad reality is both our teams underperformed this year. Mine might have a slight chance to do some damage if they pull their finger out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess next week we can cry together in 9th/10th spot if worst scenario happens. Atleast we can say we we're better by 1 ladder position 🤷
We will finish higher than Collingwood with more wins.

because it is identical to ours except substituting Adelaide for port (yes ADelaide easier than port but anticipated adelaide would challenge for the 8 and port were unclear on progression). And we were bottom 3.
Buggered if I know , however Collingwood finished 1st GWS 4th, Port 5th all double up games, then Geelong 12th, Richmond 13th North 17th. It's based on final results after finals according to AFL com.
My opinion - I don't think it's a particular easier fixture than Collingwoods for instance.

Buggered if I know , however Collingwood finished 1st GWS 4th, Port 5th all double up games, then Geelong 12th, Richmond 13th North 17th. It's based on final results after finals according to AFL com.
My opinion - I don't think it's a particular easier fixture than Collingwoods for instance.
Ah so maybe the issue is more hawks got screwed rather than Carlton had it easy then. We just got lucky in tigers falling further and having Adelaide without rankine (and their drop off)

You've got to love their debating approach...

'You're wrong'

'OK, prove me wrong'

<crickets>

All they need to do is reference 10 'bigger' wins than the one on Sunday....
The Confabacus is being worked hard again.

This thread will be fun when Carlton make finals and Pies don’t.

Will Pies fans still be confused on who is better? 🤔

Imagine if Carlton win a final lol
Imagine
If

A tiger who is a Bagger fanboi, what a battler.

Enjoy Richmond's 3rd 21st century spoon, moving them closer to Carlton who have 5.

Let's take a look at Carlton's best wins this century (i.e 2001 onwards).

Finals wins take precedence.

1. 2023 SF vs Melbourne
2. 2023 EF vs Sydney
3. 2011 EF vs Essendon
4. 2001 EF vs Adelaide
5. 2013 EF vs Richmond (marked down for finishing 9th)

After that it's slim pickings. Would Carlton supporters even be able to nominate another 6 matches? So Saturday's win to keep the season alive, in a period of contention while facing adversity, is as good a candidate as any to fill a spot in 6-10.

Duel wins with Fev kicking 8 apiece in 2008 were right up there

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back