Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Better get in quick. You have 1 week left to show off your merch at the footy
I think I might reorder it, so the mini premiership cup sits to the right of the 2023 premiers medallion, rather than to the left. Thoughts?

Good luck this week, if you play really well and win you might even qualify for finals in 8th. That’d be one for the ages.

Last edited:
Mate as ive said ive had 8 flags in my life and been at 7 of them so more than happy no matter how long ago they were.
It’s Curious how many Carlton fans in this thread are pensioners, the odds for that must be astounding.

Though I can understand why there would be not much fresh blood coming through the supporter ranks.

Last edited:
The thread that keeps on giving.
Drunk Fucked Up GIF

The 'contender' discussion has been done to death.

Only a desperate Carlton supporter would believe that any team that makes the top 8 would be considered a 'Premiership contender'.

I walked into a jewellery store with Nicole Kidman there. I thought I'd say hello thinking I was a contender. Didn't get passed hello.

I think I might reorder it, so the mini premiership cup sits to the right of the 2023 premiers medallion, rather than to the left. Thoughts?

Good luck this week, if you play really well and win you might even qualify for finals in 8th. That’d sure be one for the ages.
If Collingwood win by 30 goals, and Carlton lose, then the pies are still a chance of getting a participation medal

Curious how many Carlton fans in this thread are pensioners, the odds for that must be astounding.

Though I can understand why there would be not much fresh blood coming through the supporter ranks.
Yawn, is there an age limit in here now ?
BTW, you do realise that Carltons membership has doubled over the past 5 years or so. Shouldn't be too long until they overtake the pies either.

Don't know about ArrOw , I copped a suspension from the game day thread abusing a couple of lazy Carlton players who either refused to apply pressure in game, or got injured within 5 minutes of the 1st quarter. Not looking at Jack Martin or anyone else.....
Jeez I wish they would ship him off the bloke is useless being injured all the time
Welcome Home GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood win by 30 goals, and Carlton lose, then the pies are still a chance of getting a participation medal
I’m comfortable with 2023’s medals. participation trophy is all yours my friend. “Carlton 2024: The Participation”

Last edited:
Indeed.

As good as it gets for Carlton.

Genuinely contending for a flag is so far out of their reach, that an amazing season for them is finishing a ladder position or two ahead of Collingwood, despite having a much easier fixture AND losing both games to them.

But they'll take it as an outstanding and successful season.

We've lost a few Carlton posters over the last couple of weeks...

I might have to get out the abacus and calculate the probability of them returning before the draft period, to talk up how unbeatable they will be 'next year'...
The only people talking about "next year" are you Collingwood folk. All we hear is about a reset, how the pies play in every 3rd GF, yadda yadda yadda....

Indeed.

As good as it gets for Carlton.

Genuinely contending for a flag is so far out of their reach, that an amazing season for them is finishing a ladder position or two ahead of Collingwood, despite having a much easier fixture AND losing both games to them.

But they'll take it as an outstanding and successful season.
Carlton has had a more successful season than Collingwood.
Both clubs would be disappointed with how it has finished ( in collingwoods case) and how it will probably end ( in carltons case) .
Not one person in here has said it has been an outstanding season so stop talking absolute dribble Fadge. You are imagining again.

Carlton has had a more successful season than Collingwood.
Both clubs would be disappointed with how it has finished ( in collingwoods case) and how it will probably end ( in carltons case) .
Not one person in here has said it has been an outstanding season so stop talking absolute dribble Fadge. You are imagining again.
LOL. Success is winning the premiership.

There’s been nothing successful about either sides season. I still doubt Carlton make the 8, but if you do, don’t fear it will be swift and painless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back