Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still a human being, bloody ridiculous 👎 a leaping leading FF trying to play in a leg brace

Can't see the point myself but anyway good luck with that
It's an ankle brace for support. I wear one for my knee but it doesn't restrict my movement post OP. It just holds it all together . Do you know how bad his ankle is ? I don't. Maybe its ok to go ? Why assume that it's fckd ?

It's an ankle brace for support. I wear one for my knee but it doesn't restrict my movement post OP. It just holds it all together . Do you know how bad his ankle is ? I don't. Maybe its ok to go ? Why assume that it's fckd ?
You're not doing anything in the finals without a fit Curnow, just seems like a crazy risk not worth taking, he could have 4 weeks off and come out huffing

Anyway that's the Voss way, everything in the very short-term, terrified of missing finals

We all know collingwoods draft past 10 years has been crap. Lucky they got some v good father sons coz without them they'd be in Antarctica, not mexico
So our drafting in the last 10 years has been 'crap', yet in the past 6 years we've won a flag, lost a Grand Final, and had two other top 4 finishes.

Imagine if we even had moderate success at the draft?

Meanwhile, Carlton had drafted Coleman Medallists, a Brownlow Medallist and the Gary Ayres Medallist in their only finals appearance. Amazing drafting - surely they've been regular premiership contenders in recent years?

Nope, you say?

Oh well.

So our drafting in the last 10 years has been 'crap', yet in the past 6 years we've won a flag, lost a Grand Final, and had two other top 4 finishes.

Imagine if we even had moderate success at the draft?

Meanwhile, Carlton had drafted Coleman Medallists, a Brownlow Medallist and the Gary Ayres Medallist in their only finals appearance. Amazing drafting - surely they've been regular premiership contenders in recent years?

Nope, you say?

Oh well.
Imagine ? Jeez , there's that word again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of stinky drafting. Carlton’s first round drafting since taking Walsh as a reward for winning 2 games in 2018

Pick 19 - Liam Stocker
Pick 17 - Brodie Kemp
Pick 20 - Sam Philp
Pick 11 - Oliver Hollands

😬😬😬

Jaidyn Stephenson did more in one and a half years at Collingwood than they have in many years combined

Speaking of stinky drafting. Carlton’s first round drafting since taking Walsh as a reward for winning 2 games in 2018

Pick 19 - Liam Stocker
Pick 17 - Brodie Kemp
Pick 20 - Sam Philp

😬😬😬

Jaidyn Stephenson did more in one and a half years at Collingwood than they have in many years combined
Kemps draft year 2019.
Surely collingwoods finest moment in its history of the draft. Its hilarious.

Pick 19 - Liam Stocker
Pick 17 - Brodie Kemp
Pick 20 - Sam Philp

😬😬😬

How exactly is O.Hollands a "stinky" pick? Kemp as well proving to be a pretty good asset. Stocker playing pretty consistently for the Saints. Philp just a horrid run with injury.

How exactly is O.Hollands a "stinky" pick? Kemp as well proving to be a pretty good asset. Stocker playing pretty consistently for the Saints. Philp just a horrid run with injury.
Hollands is a run of the mill winger with poor skills. Kemp is a stock standard rookie-draft type defender. If Philp was good, he’d have been afforded the same time as Marchbank and Cuningham. Stocker you’re embarrassing yourself trying to justify

Hollands is a run of the mill winger with poor skills. Kemp is a stock standard rookie-draft type defender. If Philp was good, he’d have been afforded the same time as Marchbank and Cuningham. Stocker you’re embarrassing yourself trying to justify
Ruscoe, Bianco and Rantall from 2019 are all class
Are you sure you want to go down this path of conversation ?

• Hollands has been in the system <2 years and was voted the third best young player in 2023 (AFLPA Best First-Year Player Award) behind Sheezel and Aschroft.
  • Kemp is no where close to a rookie-draft type player - bizarre comparison
  • No idea if Philp was good - we didn't get a chance to see him because of injuries
  • And Stocker is playing consistent football at AFL level - not sure how that is embarrassing. He is pick 19 not pick 3 - not every player is going to be a star. But he has been a good role player for the Saints.

• Hollands has been in the system <2 years and was voted the third best young player in 2023 (AFLPA Best First-Year Player Award) behind Sheezel and Aschroft.
  • Kemp is no where close to a rookie-draft type player - bizarre comparison
  • No idea if Philp was good - we didn't get a chance to see him because of injuries
  • And Stocker is playing consistent football at AFL level - not sure how that is embarrassing. He is pick 19 not pick 3 - not every player is going to be a star. But he has been a good role player for the Saints.
No, you're right.

Carlton's recruiting has been second to none for a long time.

Just keep doing what you've been doing for the past two decades.

Please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back