Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'd take that and run.

We'd then beat Melbourne in Round 24 to slot into the top 8.

Please don't tell me you weren't aware we have a Round 24 this year?
Can't say that i am consumed by the amount of rounds that are played. But happy to see Pies finish ninth at the end of the home and away season. Would be truly glorious

Can't say that i am consumed by the amount of rounds that are played. But happy to see Pies finish ninth at the end of the home and away season. Would be truly glorious
Ninth is looking like your spot atm 😆
FMD.

We've seen it all today.

Apparently:

Carlton beat Collingwood in the 1982 Grand Final;
Collingwood are more inept than Carlton because we've qualified in 50% more Grand Finals than them;
The home and away season ends at Round 23 this year.

Anything I've forgotten?
Sobering realities

We really need to lift and play in less grand finals 😪

FMD.

We've seen it all today.

Apparently:

Collingwood are more inept than Carlton because we've qualified in 50% more Grand Finals than them;

Anything I've forgotten?
You forgot:
Winning the grand final and missing the 8 the next year is as bad as not making a prelim for 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Fadge we should make one of these for Arr0w, pull its string and it repeats phrases, eg:

• 13th/16th haw haw haw
  • sock puppet blah blah blah
  • 6 decades 8 decades glorious
  • Fadge something feigning something
  • only flags matter
  • except when Pies are in Mexico

etc what do ya reckon? 😆 call it "Broken Arr0w"

images (96).jpeg

Hey Fadge we should make one of these for Arr0w, pull its string and it repeats phrases, eg:

• 13th/16th haw haw haw
  • sock puppet blah blah blah
  • 6 decades 8 decades glorious
  • Fadge something feigning something
  • only flags matter
  • except when Pies are in Mexico

etc what do ya reckon? 😆 call it "Broken Arr0w"

View attachment 2070735
1000008829.jpg

FMD.

We've seen it all today.

Apparently:

Anything I've forgotten?
Yep....you arent making the 8 !!

What street in Collingwood did Des Tuddenham grow up on?
Wherever he wanted. No zones, no special rules, kids played for whoever would have them.

Oddly enough the Pies paid less than other clubs. I mean we were a poor suburb so I guess it makes sense. Flat rate, 3 quid a game in the 20s, went up to 5 sometime in the 30s IIRC.

It wasn't the money. When there was a level playing field, we were the best by a mile.

FMD.

We've seen it all today.

Apparently:

Anything I've forgotten?
The current thread title it seems.

Some people are asking whether this is indicative of corruption.

Am I saying there has been corruption? No. I'm just asking the same question many in traditional and social media are asking.

It is a question that many people believe is worth asking, and maybe we need an investigation to find out the facts before we go accusing anybody of bribing officials and opposing team players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back