Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

It is impossible to learn anything from anyone that incredibly biased. If you even tried to open the other eye maybe some worthy discussion could be had
Except that the reasons I've consistently highlighted as to why Carlton will fail to genuinely contend for a premiership, are the reasons everyone else is now highlighting as to why Carlton have fallen short of contending for a premiership... again.

they don’t get more feral and disgraceful than some of the shit I’ve seen at Collingwood games over the years.

Saturday night just another example. Ferals trying to start fights with elderly Carlton supporters. So brave.
The old bloke called one of our players a buffoon. I wasn’t having that!

Except that the reasons I've consistently highlighted as to why Carlton will fail to genuinely contend for a premiership, are the reasons everyone else is now highlighting as to why Carlton have fallen short of contending for a premiership... again.
Is the season over? Pretty sure I have my SuperCoach semi final this week so can't be right

Coming from the supporter base who were trying to tell me Moore is better than Weitering because of his AAs. The hypocrisy is defeaning
Hahahah you’re still obsessed with this? It’s alright mate. Weitering will finally get his first AA. He’s a chance to catch up to Darce with time

You like to think that. Reality is , Carlton are still in the mix for finals and any side is still a chance from that position.
Maybe with a bit more finals experience you'll come to realise the importance of a top 4, and ideally top 2 position at the start of the finals campaign.

Particularly with the number of interstate teams in and around the top 4 in 2024.

Season isn't over . Ebbs and flows as you have witnessed. Plenty to play out in my opinion . Just won't involve your mob
Carlton have time and time again proven to be unable to withstand the pressures that come with being a top side. Why will all this change three games out from finals ?

To be fair, it’s some serious relief for Carlton that they won’t have to run into Collingwood in a final

Oh how horrid 😆

The smart ones amongst us kind of worked this out 6 weeks ago

Still getting plenty of unexpected joy though, what a legendary win for Pendles' 400th, great springboard into next year

That's what powerhouses do, salvage from the wreck
Yep.

Carlton would have put the cue in the rack already, and started planning for 'next year'...

Maybe with a bit more finals experience you'll come to realise the importance of a top 4, and ideally top 2 position at the start of the finals campaign.

Particularly with the number of interstate teams in and around the top 4 in 2024.
Can't believe they're still hanging on 😆 they can't beat anyone and their premiership tilt is fully over for this year

Like little kids

"There's still a chance" 🤩

Hahahah you’re still obsessed with this? It’s alright mate. Weitering will finally get his first AA. He’s a chance to catch up to Darce with time
Couldn't care less if Weitering gets an AA - I don't rate players based on individual awards

Shows you know sweet FA....again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't care less if Weitering gets an AA - I don't rate players based on individual awards
Saturday night was a nice showing of the two. Weitering played well playing on an average forward in his third game back from an ACL. McStay did kick a goal though.

Moore and the boys following his guidance didn’t give the best goal kicker in the game a sniff. Ended his 66 game goal kicking run

No, you rate them on the colours on their footy jumpers.
Don't try and turn this around on me - I have been nothing but fair with my views on Collingwood this season. I don't let my disdain for any club influence my opinion in a serious discussion

I get that, but then you may as well start assessing games played against each opponent when they play each other, not based on a fixture determined by the order in which teams finished last year.

And then take into account personnel / injuries.

You are trying to make something pretty simple overly difficult.

Just stick with ladder position.
I don’t have a problem with ladder position, because at the end of the day that is all that matters in how it shapes your teams finals campaign. But I was just looking at it from another perspective which I know a few like to do.

You're jumping the gun old friend. 3 weeks is a long time in football....

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back