Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not season shaping?

He kicks it and you're in the mix to finish top 2.

He misses, and you likely scrape into the lower rungs of the top 8.

Do you understand how the finals system works, or do you need schooling on that as well?
I think you really need to look at the fixturing. Carlton win all 3 games and they finish top 4.
You can have your scenarios, and we can have ours as well

I think you really need to look at the fixturing. Carlton win all 3 games and they finish top 4.
You can have your scenarios, and we can have ours as well
A. You'd have to win ALL 3 games;
B. You'd have to rely on other teams losing.

The permutations and combinations would be a lot more favourable if McGovern slotted it last week.

'But not season shaping'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A. You'd have to win ALL 3 games;
B. You'd have to rely on other teams losing.

The permutations and combinations would be a lot more favourable if McGovern slotted it last week.

'But not season shaping'.
You don't have to rely on others losing when they play each other -

This week
Brisbane v GWS
Freo v Cats
Melb v Port
Adelaide v bulldogs

Next week -
GWS V freo
Port v Crows

Final round
Bulldogs v giants
Freo v Port

Has to be a winner and loser generally, so part B of your statement will take care of itself

Up to Carlton to hit some form
It's collingwood who have to rely on other results to have any chance

You don't have to rely on others losing when they play each other -

This week
Brisbane v GWS
Freo v Cats
Melb v Port
Adelaide v bulldogs

Next week -
GWS V freo
Port v Crows

Final round
Bulldogs v giants
Freo v Port

Has to be a winner and loser generally, so part B of your statement will take care of itself

Up to Carlton to hit some form
It's collingwood who have to rely on other results to have any chance
I think you need a new abacus.

There's actually a number of permutations that sees Carlton still finishing 6th, even if they win ALL 3 remaining games.

For example, if GWS and FREO lose all of their remaining games (except obviously the round 23 match against each other), Carlton finish behind Sydney, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Geelong and Bulldogs.

I think you need a new abacus.

There's actually a number of permutations that sees Carlton still finishing 6th, even if they win ALL 3 remaining games.

For example, if GWS and FREO lose all of their remaining games (except obviously the round 23 match against each other), Carlton finish behind Sydney, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Geelong and Bulldogs.
Carlton are 1 game behind Port. If they lose 2 of 3 , how does Carlton finish behind them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back