Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just run the numbers....

If Carlton win their remaining 3 games, there's still only a 29% probability they finish top 4.

29%.... now where have I heard that number before?
Blues now currently at shorter odds to miss the 8 than make the top 4 after that season-shaping loss to the reigning premiers

I've just run the numbers....

If Carlton win their remaining 3 games, there's still only a 29% probability they finish top 4.

29%.... now where have I heard that number before?
The only thing you can run is your flappering mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more and more convinced it's gunna be a draw in 2024.
How so? One will be higher on ladder than other. If you place value on H2H you could consider its use as tiebreaker if they end up on same premiership points (ahead of percentage). I don’t particularly value H2H so it’s final ladder position including finals

Keep waiting.

And get it right.

Carlton are only 29% IF they win their remaining 3 games.

You should be very familiar with the term 'IF' as a Carlton supporter.
Is that assuming all margins of wins are the same (as it would be difficult to do the calculation with variable margins)

I'm still waiting on Fadge to provide the probability of Collingwood finishing top 4 given Carlton is at 29%..
Simple request one would think

I found the formula on the AFL institute of scientific truth and knowledge website:

=(sum([Current Position],[Games Remaining])-[End Position])/[Current Position]
=(sum(11,3)-4)/11
=90.91%

More than 3 times the probability of Carlton, at least if calculated the way we all agree is scientific truth and knowledge and not some biased crack pot make believe shit.

A 3peat pack has become available for Blues fans
  • Jamie Elliott’s Goal
  • Nick Daicos’s Goal
  • Mitch McGoverns Choke

It is called Blueshake Heartache.
It only comes in Black and White

I hope it didn’t take you the entire 5 days after our game to come up with this gem.

We are having a bit of fun at Carlton's expense this week (and also on Saturday night in the likely scenario they drop out of the 8) but in reality Carlton are strong favourites for the last 3 games and should have a home elimination final as a worst case scenario.

How so? One will be higher on ladder than other. If you place value on H2H you could consider its use as tiebreaker if they end up on same premiership points (ahead of percentage). I don’t particularly value H2H so it’s final ladder position including finals
chicago fire close the door on your way out GIF by NBC

Also another aspect of the Swans v Pies game that raises the stakes is Heeney v Daicos v Cripps in the brownlow and coaches awards.

Coaches award currently I believe:

1. Daicos 99 votes

2. Cripps 95 votes

3. Heeney 92 votes

So not even a BOG in it. Swans please flog these pretenders for the sake of the game. McCrae rigged the award giving Daicos undeserved votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back