Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Because on recent form we lose to hawthorn Sunday and can't make top 4, dozen games left between sides above us where 1 of them has to lose either way.
Is that why Carlton are favourites to beat the Hawks tomorrow?

As I've previously posted, Carlton could win all their remaining three games, and still finish 6th if other results go a certain way.

This will be the last version of finals as we know it this year anyway. Whole new version next year. Will keep you posted how it works for 2025 as pies won't be part of that action either
'Next Year'

I know your experience as a Carlton supporter is that if you miss finals, you do so for a decade at a time, but that doesn't happen to the Powerhouse clubs.

'Next Year'

I know your experience as a Carlton supporter is that if you miss finals, you do so for a decade at a time, but that doesn't happen to the Powerhouse clubs.

I think the concept of finals is to win enough games, is that correct?

Powerhouse clubs win more flags than 3 in 7 decades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Next Year'

Powerhouse clubs don't go from 1st to double digits the following year. How embarrassing
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Powerhouse clubs don't go from 1st to double digits the following year. How embarrassing
First thing you guys have offered to define what constitutes a Powerhouse club, and what doesn't.

So if you're going to finish 11th or 12th in a given year, you're better off finishing 10th or 11th the prior year (instead of winning the premiership)?

Gotcha.

Anything else?

It's even funnier to see the way a couple of supporters have taken it.

Yeah but supporters going off is a given. We've all seen it before.

McRae was coming off as a cool and relaxed character. Journalists were blowing their loads about his approach.

We now know it was situational.

Yeah but supporters going off is a given. We've all seen it before.

McRae was coming off as a cool and relaxed character. Journalists were blowing their loads about his approach.

We now know it was situational.
His true colours are out now.

First thing you guys have offered to define what constitutes a Powerhouse club, and what doesn't.

So if you're going to finish 11th or 12th in a given year, you're better off finishing 10th or 11th the prior year (instead of winning the premiership)?

Gotcha.

Anything else?
It's quite laughable that you think Collingwood is any more of a powerhouse club than Carlton.
And your only basis of that differential is that Collingwood have played in more grand finals and that's pretty much it. You embarrass yourself regularly with these claims.
Have a rest a reload for 2025 I think you're cooked like your footy club

Easy win against a team not making the 8. Only had to put the foot down in the lasr qtr when they needed to
Sounds like a dead rubber game that doesn't count jinx no takesie-backsies.

It's quite laughable that you think Collingwood is any more of a powerhouse club than Carlton.
And your only basis of that differential is that Collingwood have played in more grand finals and that's pretty much it. You embarrass yourself regularly with these claims.
Have a rest a reload for 2025 I think you're cooked like your footy club
100 %

And your only basis of that differential is that Collingwood have played in more grand finals and that's pretty much it.
14 more Grand Finals.
Many more finals series played and finals won.
Many more games won.
Much fewer wooden spoons.
Superior head to head record.
Many more supporters locally, country wide, world wide.
More members.
Much bigger crowds.
Not currently in a 25 season Grand Final drought.

'Laughable'

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back