Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its nice you think we will go backwards next year, we wont. We had our annus horibillus this year where everything went wrong and we still will just miss the finals.
Huh?? Are Pendles, Sidebottom, Howe, Cox, Mihocek, Elliot, Mitchell etc getting younger next year???

You're the oldest team in the comp with no first round pick stuck with Schultz lmao. The future is bleak!

Huh?? Are Pendles, Sidebottom, Howe, Cox, Mihocek, Elliot, Mitchell etc getting younger next year???

You're the oldest team in the comp with no first round pick stuck with Schultz lmao. The future is bleak!
Laugh all you want. We started off the season off the shortest break any premiership side has ever had underdone, Came good, got decimated by injuries and then the players came back underdone hence us falling in a hole the last 2 games. Just a pure shame McLovin choked like Greg Norman last week for you guys. Our game is based on system and fitness.
Anyway i know i will cop one of your standard lols because you have no good retort to my comments but we will see.

In the end we lost last night with a half fit very injured, mostly inexperienced side to the premiership favourites on their home ground by 3 points with arguably dubious umpiring decisions (i am not blaming the umpires although a very good case can me made given all the non OOB free kicks not given in the games today) with our best player having a bad game in the 2nd half. Dont blame him given he has carried us all year.

We will be fine

Laugh all you want. We started off the season off the shortest break any premiership side has ever had underdone, Came good, got decimated by injuries and then the players came back underdone hence us falling in a hole the last 2 games. Just a pure shame McLovin choked like Greg Norman last week for you guys. Our game is based on system and fitness.
Anyway i know i will cop one of your standard lols because you have no good retort to my comments but we will see.

In the end we lost last night with a half fit very injured, mostly inexperienced side to the premiership favourites on their home ground by 3 points with arguably dubious umpiring decisions (i am not blaming the umpires although a very good case can me made given all the non OOB free kicks not given in the games today) with our best player having a bad game in the 2nd half. Dont blame him given he has carried us all year.

We will be fine
Not sure what you mean by inexperienced side. Collingwood had 18 of last years premiership side out on the park last night.

We will be fine
Right but why would your list be any less injury prone when the key injured players are in the very back end of their careers... You know... When they start getting injured more as their bodies fail them???

2025 is more likely to be just as bad if not worse re injuries for the Pies given your list make up

Who have the Pies got coming through they expect to take the place of some of the retirement squad? The depth in the VFL hasn't lit the world on fire and at some point they'll have to move on from Pendles etc

You think we aren't aware which results are more favourable?
Most favourable results would've been not throwing away a top 2 position that Carlton were 2 games clear in at round 16.

Losing 3 games to non contenders Geelong and Collingwood this year means Carlton are going to have to do it the hard way in season 2024.

Most favourable results would've been not throwing away a top 2 position that Carlton were 2 games clear in at round 16.

Losing 3 games to non contenders Geelong and Collingwood this year means Carlton are going to have to do it the hard way in season 2024.

Nice deflection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True or not though?

If Carlton improve on their 2023 season (even making a grand final and losing it) the season on season improvement would dictate it a success.

Anything less and Collingwood have managed to derail it a year after winning their own flag.

Nothing to do with your original post, but keep shifting

And now playing poster rather than debating your original content 😉
Playing the poster? Expressing concern over disengagement. If you need to, we can stop.

IF you need to get back to that one post's point, Carlton supporters have actively willed on teams like Sydney to win in games that do not favour Carlton's top 4 chances. Thus more concerned with rivalries/"wHO wiLL be BEtteR in 2024!!?" threads than "what helps us win a premiership this season?".

I even remember when Carlton lost a game and their supporters came on here to boast about how the result was a good one because it was lowering Collingwood's chances of finals. That is a small club mentality or "little brother syndrome".

Playing the poster? Expressing concern over disengagement. If you need to, we can stop.
I'd suggest you should eliminate to personal stuff

IF you need to get back to that one post's point, Carlton supporters have actively willed on teams like Sydney to win in games that do not favour Carlton's top 4 chances. Thus more concerned with rivalries/"wHO wiLL be BEtteR in 2024!!?" threads than "what helps us win a premiership this season?".

I even remember when Carlton lost a game and their supporters came on here to boast about how the result was a good one because it was lowering Collingwood's chances of finals. That is a small club mentality or "little brother syndrome".

Still nothing to do with your original post regarding Pies beating the Lions

Debate that, rather than deflecting constantly

I'd suggest you should eliminate to personal stuff

Still nothing to do with your original post regarding Pies beating the Lions

Debate that, rather than deflecting constantly
You're the one deflecting actually. And you constantly play the man (your pedestrian mocking is always good for a laugh though), which makes you a hypocrite.

A surprising amount of Carlton supporters prioritise their rivals losing, or focus on how their own results affect their rivals, more than they do for factors that increase their chance of a flag. That was my point and all the deflecting you can come up with yourself doesn't change its accuracy.

If you have no actual rebuttal, it's best for you to stay under the safety blanket of the laugh reaction like carlton_99 , who has finally realised an appropriate role in this thread. As it sure as hell isn't contesting statements that annoy him.

You're the one deflecting actually. And you constantly play the man (your pedestrian mocking is always good for a laugh though), which makes you a hypocrite.
Still playing the poster

A surprising amount of Carlton supporters prioritise their rivals losing, or focus on how their own results affect their rivals, more than they do for factors that increase their chance of a flag. That was my point and all the deflecting you can come up with yourself doesn't change its accuracy.
Nothing to do with your original post

If you have no actual rebuttal, it's best for you to stay under the safety blanket of the laugh reaction like carlton_99 , who has finally realised an appropriate role in this thread. As it sure as hell isn't contesting statements that annoy him.
And now personal attacks on other posters

Oohh getting tagged - no point contesting anything that ridiculous. The thought that what people say in a banter thread is suddenly all serious is genuinely worth about 80 laugh reactions. But keep playing the poster

I cannot believe what I am

Oohh getting tagged - no point contesting anything that ridiculous. The thought that what people say in a banter thread is suddenly all serious is genuinely worth about 80 laugh reactions. But keep playing the poster
That is a seriously amusing prelude to your post. I can't believe what you are either. Maybe save the existential stuff for later today.

The second bolded statement has to be an attempt at the most cringe worthy comment of the weekend. 80 laugh reactions? Wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back