Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're the one deflecting actually. And you constantly play the man (your pedestrian mocking is always good for a laugh though), which makes you a hypocrite.

A surprising amount of Carlton supporters prioritise their rivals losing, or focus on how their own results affect their rivals, more than they do for factors that increase their chance of a flag. That was my point and all the deflecting you can come up with yourself doesn't change its accuracy.

If you have no actual rebuttal, it's best for you to stay under the safety blanket of the laugh reaction like carlton_99 , who has finally realised an appropriate role in this thread. As it sure as hell isn't contesting statements that annoy him.
You've been getting a few laugh reacts, wonder why?

You don't think that Carlton supporters need to be hoping Collingwood beat Brisbane next week? In other words you agree that they won't, because seeing Collingwood lose matters to them more?

You've quoted the post but not actually contested anything within it.
I've already responded to your original post which was....

Carlton supporters actually need to be supporting Collingwood against Brisbane if they want a realistic chance of finishing top 4.

What's happened prior has nothing to do with the above

That is a seriously amusing prelude to your post. I can't believe what you are either. Maybe save the existential stuff for later today.

The second bolded statement has to be an attempt at the most cringe worthy comment of the weekend. 80 laugh reactions? Wow.
The only thing cringeworthy here is your idea that everything posted in a banter thread should be taken seriously. To make you happy I'll post a Go Pies next week because that should increase their chances of knocking off the Lions

You don't think that Carlton supporters need to be hoping Collingwood beat Brisbane next week? In other words you agree that they won't, because seeing Collingwood lose matters to them more?

You've quoted the post but not actually contested anything within it.
Don't you love our game where we can support who we like regardless of the results.

Playing the poster? Expressing concern over disengagement. If you need to, we can stop.

IF you need to get back to that one post's point, Carlton supporters have actively willed on teams like Sydney to win in games that do not favour Carlton's top 4 chances. Thus more concerned with rivalries/"wHO wiLL be BEtteR in 2024!!?" threads than "what helps us win a premiership this season?".

I even remember when Carlton lost a game and their supporters came on here to boast about how the result was a good one because it was lowering Collingwood's chances of finals. That is a small club mentality or "little brother syndrome".
Yes... Small club mentality... From the club with 100k plus members and the equal most flags of any team...

I've already responded to your original post which was....

Carlton supporters actually need to be supporting Collingwood against Brisbane if they want a realistic chance of finishing top 4.

What's happened prior has nothing to do with the above
You think Carlton supporters will start hoping for results that favour their top 4 chances, rather than what hurts Collingwood the most? It would require a paradigm shift. I fully expect to see you all in here next week cheering Collingwood on, now. If you do so, then you have made a valid point.

Nah I'm fine to make you say "personal attacks" and "deflection" 500 more times today, as it seems this is your preferred method rather than debating any actual point.
Seems your here to save the Pie supporters again, i hope they give you life membership for your effort now stop disrupting the thread.

Yes... Small club mentality... From the club with 100k plus members and the equal most flags of any team...
That's what makes it so bizarre.

Carlton are a big club, but the mindset has shifted to that of minnows especially in regards to their relationship with Collingwood. These things do go in cycles though. When Carlton finally start winning premierships again while Collingwood are cellar dwellars, then it'll probably change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing cringeworthy here is your idea that everything posted in a banter thread should be taken seriously. To make you happy I'll post a Go Pies next week because that should increase their chances of knocking off the Lions
Given the nit picking ramblings and attempts at "analysis" you have posted on here regarding all matter of pointless semantics, that is extremely ironic to the point that I'm convinced this is your attempt at self-satire. If so I actually have to commend you for displaying self awareness for the first time in this thread.

"It's all just a laugh mate" really isn't the vibe you've ever given off in here. All it's been is a sour list of complaints.

You think Carlton supporters will start hoping for results that favour their top 4 chances, rather than what hurts Collingwood the most?
In regards to your original post of Pies needing to beat the Lions? I've already answered that

It would require a paradigm shift. I fully expect to see you all in here next week cheering Collingwood on, now. If you do so, then you have made a valid point.
People can do whatever they want, in relation to the thread title

So an admission you are playing the poster, yet I don't see where I have done so with you in that supposed 500 count

In regards to your original post of Pies needing to beat the Lions? I've already answered that

People can do whatever they want, in relation to the thread title

So an admission you are playing the poster, yet I don't see where I have done so with you in that supposed 500 count
4/500

And still you've contested nothing about my original post, yet are demanding me to address it again.

Given the nit picking ramblings and attempts at "analysis" you have posted on here regarding all matter of pointless semantics, that is extremely ironic to the point that I'm convinced this is your attempt at self-satire. If so I actually have to commend you for displaying self awareness for the first time in this thread.

"It's all just a laugh mate" really isn't the vibe you've ever given off in here. All it's been is a sour list of complaints.
Might help to read the post before replying. Not everything in this thread is serious. And mate you can keep playing the poster I'm not going to bite - I'm comfortable with my posts on here.

Fancy waking up to a poster who has decided what is right and wrong about what every person should actually care about and what they shouldn't...

Let me clue you in catman - Carlton V Collingwood V Essendon V Richmond is a tribal thing - the rivalries go back generations not minutes.

Of course Carton fans will rejoice in any Collingwood/Essendon fail- why wouldn't they? and the same goes back each way.

DOH.

Fancy waking up to a poster who has decided what is right and wrong about what every person should actually care about and what they shouldn't...

Let me clue you in catman - Carlton V Collingwood V Essendon V Richmond is a tribal thing - the rivalries go back generations not minutes.

Of course Carton fans will rejoice in any Collingwood/Essendon fail- why wouldn't they? and the same goes back each way.

DOH.
So to confirm my point, you will be hoping Brisbane beat Collingwood next week and not the other way around. This directly contradicts Arr0w's point.

Anyway it seriously wasn't my intention to annoy and irritate. I don't want to ruin everybody's Sunday before the big game.

My original intention was actually to wish Carlton luck in knocking our rivals Hawthorn out of finals contention. Don't bottle this one, please. Do your job.
Literally every time you chime into this thread ur met with a chorus of posters telling you they have little interest in being lectured by a Chris Scott sycophant on how they are and aren't allowed to support/watch AFL footy.

Though it's no surprise someone with such a solipsistic world view hasn't cottoned on to that yet.

I'm not here to dictate, if I comment on something it does not mean I want to change how a group of supporters behave.
Yet this is all you ever do. Literally every post you make in this thread is telling supporters what they can and can't do/should or shouldn't be doing...

The lack of self awareness is astonishing

Another on the Bingo card, Robertio quickly demanding someone to leave the thread because a couple of comments have seriously soured their day.
Where did i ask you to leave the thread? Every time you come here the same thing happens, first the Pie supporters leave then the thread goes to rubbish and why does every one of your posts have to be like reading a book?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back