Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

I will wait until we have a season that wasn't ravaged by injuries before judging this Carlton team.;)
Which as I've been saying for years, is one of the key reasons as to why this Carlton team are unlikely to contend for a premiership.

When you retain so many injury prone players on your list - Cunningham, Marchbank, Martin, etc. - you have a standard run with injuries from the remainder of your list and you hit the wall...

Carlton used to be a proud, strong and successful club. Never been the same since Archduke Franz Ferdinand's assassination.

I will wait until we have a season that wasn't ravaged by injuries before judging this Carlton team.;)

So Carlton will be successful once they get a season where they don't get any injuries. I think this is part of the problem. Successful clubs win despite injuries. Brisbane has had 5 ACLs on the list since about rd 3 and had to play Eric Hipwood as our only tall KPD a few weeks ago because the other 5 tall KPDs were all out (mostly with longterm injuries). But our boys have heart and we don't constantly bring up injuries to define our season.

The problem with Carlton is lack of heart. Crippa and Walsh are the only two with any heart. And poor Walshy ain't got much else in his trick bag.

So Carlton will be successful once they get a season where they don't get any injuries. I think this is part of the problem. Successful clubs win despite injuries. Brisbane has had 5 ACLs on the list since about rd 3 and had to play Eric Hipwood as our only tall KPD a few weeks ago because the other 5 tall KPDs were all out (mostly with longterm injuries). But our boys have heart and we don't constantly bring up injuries to define our season.

The problem with Carlton is lack of heart. Crippa and Walsh are the only two with any heart. And poor Walshy ain't got much else in his trick bag.
Your boys have heart and Carlton don't? A silly point in fairness and it's not as if that Lions team have the premiership medals to prove it either.

The reality is that outside of our core star players our list lacks strength in depth imo. As was devastatingly illustrated against the Hawks, there's not enough pace in the team either.

Your boys have heart and Carlton don't? A silly point in fairness and it's not as if that Lions team have the premiership medals to prove it either.

The reality is that outside of our core star players our list lacks strength in depth imo. As was devastatingly illustrated against the Hawks, there's not enough pace in the team either.

But that has been plain for about 4 seasons now and Carlton hasn't done anything to rectify it. You have about 5 A-grade players and then the rest of the 23 are most teams bottom 6 players. I think its why Carlton's structures collapse so easily.

Dumb clueless post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by Fadge's thinking Carlton beat Brisbane so we are better.

Oh, have Brisbane played Richmond and North Melbourne 6 times so far this year?
That's got nothing to do with my post and I'm still waiting for an answer from my earlier question.

we can drink corona's on the beach and complain about how the top 6 interstate teams are getting propped up by the AFL
Sounds perfect mate, great beer and great company.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back