Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton officially had the better season. Lost the head to head 0-2, but will finish the season ahead having taken full advantage of two extra games against the easy beats of the competition.

Actually, it's depressing to look at how many games the teams 4pts+% ahead of us had against Rich/North/WC this year vs. us. Guess which was the only team not to play any of them twice (while the rest played at least one but mostly two of them twice...)?

FIXture... pies shafted again.
Except that North weren't easybeats for your lot, so they don't really count.

Scritchyscroony

Fadge

Having a go at Melbourne for bowing out of the finals last year in straight sets, but you guys didn't even make finals. Stay in your lane.

Despite all the giftings of Daicos x 2, Moore and Quaynor as an NGA you still couldn't make the 8.. Come on now!
Yep, OK.

Melbourne are a magnificent football club, and the envy of the 17 other clubs in the competition.

I'm sure players of the other 17 clubs will be lining up to get there this off season, to play under the inspiring mentor that is Simon Goodwin, and to take to the field with the inspirational leader that is Clayton Oliver.

Brisbane and Collingwood supporters have a very healthy respect for one another.

I liked the respect shown by Lions supporters wearing t-shirts saying "Lions: 3, Buckley: 0".

Carlton officially had the better season. Lost the head to head 0-2, but will finish the season ahead having taken full advantage of two extra games against the easy beats of the competition.

Actually, it's depressing to look at how many games the teams 4pts+% ahead of us had against Rich/North/WC this year vs. us. Guess which was the only team not to play any of them twice (while the rest played at least one but mostly two of them twice...)?

FIXture... pies shafted again.

Finish 1st in 2023 and you wanted an easy fixture this year. It doesn’t work like that. 😂

Look at the positives. Now that you’re locked into 9th or 10th, you’ll be the ones with the easy fixture list next year, your usual 3 MCG games a month on average and pro Collingwood umpiring in every game. Just like every single year.

Not even Collingwood can **** 2025 up.

Geez, the Dees and even the Cats plucked a premiership. Shame when the AFL presented it to you on the platter in Queensland your mob pissed the bed.
And shat and vomited all over the rest of the house.

Oh no.

That word - 'upside'.

Sure you're not a Carlton supporter?
Certainly not a Carlton supporter but age demographics suggest that they have more upside.

Pies are holding onto some aging champs with no first round draft pick this year (and wasted plenty over the last few years), so it pains me to say that in 5 years we could be in the same position as the Eagles are in now.

But as I said to an Eagles mates, I would have taken 2018 premiership if it meant a few years at the bottom in 2022/23 etc.

Yep, OK.

Melbourne are a magnificent football club, and the envy of the 17 other clubs in the competition.

I'm sure players of the other 17 clubs will be lining up to get there this off season, to play under the inspiring mentor that is Simon Goodwin, and to take to the field with the inspirational leader that is Clayton Oliver.
Historically Melbourne are your other grand final lord and masters along with us.;)

Ohhhhhh you fall into the category of my facourite supporter types - we have been up there, around the mark, but can’t seal the deal.

Yes, you know ultimately that’s fantastic if you can take advantage of the opportunity. Should be around semi finals for the Lions this time around, and then who knows, we might even watch together to see Kenny Hinkley go all the way, leaving poor old Grandpa as the last remaining coach of the “we’re always around the mark but never good enough to win it” team.

It must be jarring that old grandpa Fages consistently out coaches the blues coaching staff year on year.

From Brendan ‘green shoots’ Bolton to David ‘chop chop’ Teague who got his job by giving a speech at the best and fairest to poor old vossy who is doing his best to turn the losing culture of the baggers around.

Old grandpa fages has left them in his dust. Sad!

It must be jarring that old grandpa Fages consistently out coaches the blues coaching staff year on year.

From Brendan ‘green shoots’ Bolton to David ‘chop chop’ Teague who got his job by giving a speech at the best and fairest to poor old vossy who is doing his best to turn the losing culture of the baggers around.

Old grandpa fages has left them in his dust. Sad!
He sure did put on a masterclass against the Blues in the opening round. Sad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sure did put on a masterclass against the Blues in the opening round. Sad!

Exactly, he even gave the blues a leg up this season and they still squandered it! Classic grandpa fages

Historically Melbourne are your other grand final lord and masters along with us.;)
Melbourne.

Is there a more appropriate club for the Carlton faithful to align themselves with?

One Grand Final between them since the turn of the century, that being Melbourne's 5 decade plus drought breaker in 2021.

Have I told you the probability of Carlton's current premiership drought extending to five decades and beyond?

Yep, OK.

haha stop deflecting. Own the loss. Not making the finals is 100 times worse than straight sets, especially with all the father/son and NGA gifts.

An enjoyable bump. 🍻

Melbourne.

Is there a more appropriate club for the Carlton faithful to align themselves with?

One Grand Final between them since the turn of the century, that being Melbourne's 5 decade plus drought breaker in 2021.

Have I told you the probability of Carlton's current premiership drought extending to five decades and beyond?
Meh right now our probability of playing finals this year is better and higher than Collingwood's.;)

Maybe if you were in say a league with 17 mates and they each play 23 games or something. And then at the end of the 23 games they have this thing where they rank each team from best to worse like a ladder based on all of the results rather than just 9% of games.
But what if his mate got the play the two players who had no arms twice, while he only got to play them once?

Also, interesting when looking at the fixture that Carlton have played three of the current top 4 twice this season and the other (Swans) in Sydney in their only match-up. Carlton are #1 for games against top 4 opposition this season with seven.

Last edited:
Other than Neale winning the most fraudulent Brownlow in history have the Paddle Pops done anything worth noting in their era of dominance? Reminds me of Fudgey's 'Powerhouse' argument for his pathetic Pies who have won three flags in almost 70 years

Congratulations Carlton. I'm looking forward to celebrating your elimination final defeat in a fortnight.
We're not Essendon buddy we don't do elimination final defeats. So much for the back to back flags for the Pies, but to hell with that anyway i say!:laughv1:

Admin we can close this thread now. It’ll only be Collingwood fans in here from here on sharing 2023 premierships photos or how Carlton will at best be celebrating an elimination final defeat.
Yeah thread is over we won. We are better than the Pies this year.

Other than Neale winning the most fraudulent Brownlow in history have the Paddle Pops done anything worth noting in their era of dominance? Reminds me of Fudgey's 'Powerhouse' argument for his pathetic Pies who have won three flags in almost 70 years

❤️

Melbourne.

Have i told you that Queensland is great in September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back