Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

Yet despite being aware that the fixture aint even, when determining who is "better" between two teams, instead of looking at direct HTH match ups as the primary determinant, you revert to the ladder which is based off a compromised fixture!

Pretty obvious Collingwood, by beating Carlton twice in 2024, that the Pies are better than the Blueshakes.

Blueshakes benefit from a soft fixture to currently be higher on the ladder.
Poor Carlton.

After promising so much, to the point they were (false) 2nd favourites for the premiership, and being highly offended when some people refused to acknowledge them as 'Premiership contenders' (before any single team contends for the premiership), all they are left with is to argue that they have been better than Collingwood, in a year where their arch rivals accounted for them twice, had a much harder draw and were hit significantly worse by injury...

Oh my.

Poor Carlton.

After promising so much, to the point they were (false) 2nd favourites for the premiership, and being highly offended when some people refused to acknowledge them as 'Premiership contenders' (before any single team contends for the premiership), all they are left with is to argue that they have been better than Collingwood, in a year where their arch rivals accounted for them twice, had a much harder draw and were hit significantly worse by injury...

Oh my.
Collingwood were a (false) favourite as of opening round. Oh boy, what a humongous fall

Poor Carlton.

Oh my.

You really enjoy fiction

Read the OP

Oh my

Helps playing double the amount of games against the two battlers with % in the 60s.

16 of Carlton's 48 points come from games against North n Rich.

Just 8 of the Pies 44 points are from games against North n Rich.

Pies clearly have Carlton's measure in 2024.

Okay then, remove two of our wins against North and Richmond if you want and we are still level on wins with Collingwood. I’m not actually sure if any of your supporters have thought this one through. 😂

Okay then, remove two of our wins against North and Richmond if you want and we are still level on wins with Collingwood. I’m not actually sure if any of your supporters have thought this one through. 😂
They haven't. They've also played saints and the Eagles at home as well. Would be nice to get bombers twice a year too. Oh boy

If they want to start a thread for next year, make it either a H2H thread starting around 6 weeks in, or a higher ladder position thread from the start. Have the definitions clearly laid out from the start. Otherwise it's all BS banter about the same crap that's been discussed ad nausuem for 130 years

They haven't. They've also played saints and the Eagles at home as well. Would be nice to get bombers twice a year too. Oh boy
I'd love to get an away game against the Saints at the G'. Guess home games against Marvel tenants at Marvel and home games against MCG tenants at the MCG will suffice...

If they want to start a thread for next year, make it either a H2H thread starting around 6 weeks in, or a higher ladder position thread from the start. Have the definitions clearly laid out from the start. Otherwise it's all BS banter about the same crap that's been discussed ad nausuem for 130 years
If it's H2H the thread will be active for one or two weeks a season - fun times!

They also want to hamstring us by having Collingwood on 20 games played and us on 18 games played. A bit weird. 😂

Check you maths.

Blueshakes are only 4 points ahead of us.

Take off 8 gimme points that you got from beating the battlers, and Carlton would be on 40 points.

Pretty obvious that any team who got double ups against both Richmond and North lucked out in 2024.

One of the first signs of the Blueshakes is not being able to tell reality from delusion. Usually comes in about August. It usually starts in February with Carlton supporters saying they have the best list in the country. Then in March it turns to 'we have a better top 10 then anyone'. The narrative quickly changes to 'oh we have the best big 4 of anyone'. Then comes the obligatory late season choke against Collingwood and then if by chance they make finals comes the crashing loss. It usually cures itself by November when Carlton become preseason Premiership favourites again. It is a disease that was first detected in 1996. It is real.
Concerning that you actually believe the drivel you write !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check you maths.

Blueshakes are only 4 points ahead of us.

Take off 8 gimme points that you got from beating the battlers, and Carlton would be on 40 points.

Pretty obvious that any team who got double ups against both Richmond and North lucked out in 2024.

Check your “games played”. Give us two other games (can I vote for West Coast and St Kilda) and we likely win both.

Poor Carlton.

Oh my.
Love the excuses, keep them coming !

Check your “games played”. Give us two other games (can I vote for West Coast and St Kilda) and we likely win both.
Def dont want to be more games against the Mighty Magpies, who are clearly the better team in 2024, as would be more losses.

But yes, get some more soft kills to inflate your ladder position and pretend you are a better team! 🤣🤣

Melbourne won more games than Carlton in 2023, so were they better than the Blues?
What's that got to do with Carlton winning more games than Pies this season?

Def dont want to be more games against the Mighty Magpies, who are clearly the better team in 2024, as would be more losses.

But yes, get some more soft kills to inflate your ladder position and pretend you are a better team! 🤣🤣

A bit confusing how Collingwood won 13 flags in the VFL era where the only place you ever played was in Melbourne, but since the game turned national you’ve only managed 3 flags and this despite playing 90% of games in Melbourne every single year. I guess that other 10% where you actually have to travel has really deflated your premiership numbers. 😂

A bit confusing how Collingwood won 13 flags in the VFL era where the only place you ever played was in Melbourne, but since the game turned national you’ve only managed 3 flags and this despite playing 90% of games in Melbourne every single year. I guess that other 10% where you actually have to travel has really deflated your premiership numbers. 😂

There have been some really bad posts in this thread from most users, me included, but I think this wins as the most ridiculous post in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back