Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a "fact" that you predicted us finishing 13, 16th

And we know what a failure your other predictions were

Oh my
Fadges predictions and probability calculations sure do occupy your mind a lot. Reckon you've done 500 posts about them🤔
Btw . ...Fadges probability calculations about Carlton being at 29.6% probability to extend their premiership drout out to 50 years and beyond is spot on.

Fadges predictions and probability calculations sure do occupy your mind a lot. Reckon you've done 500 posts about them🤔
Btw . ...Fadges probability calculations about Carlton being at 29.6% probability to extend their premiership drout out to 50 years and beyond is spot on.
I rarely read what that poster writes, let alone bookmark it or commit it to memory and raise it monotonously years after the fact.

For a bloke who never admits to be wrong , is certainly far from being right with his ladder predictions this year

For a bloke who never admits to be wrong , is certainly far from being right with his ladder predictions this year
What have Fadge's predictions got to do with the thread topic?
Also..it's been a crazy year. Hard one to predict. About all I got right was the bottom 3.

A bit confusing how Collingwood won 13 flags in the VFL era where the only place you ever played was in Melbourne, but since the game turned national you’ve only managed 3 flags and this despite playing 90% of games in Melbourne every single year. I guess that other 10% where you actually have to travel has really deflated your premiership numbers. 😂
People say, and a lot of people have been saying it, that half Carlton's flags come from corrupt Kenneth Luke... corrupt Kenneth I call him...and with the zones, you wouldn't believe it.

But then they tried with the paper bags, very nasty, and they were caught, and since then everyone has been watching them and they ain't getting away with it folks. Not any more, so sad.

What have Fadge's predictions got to do with the thread topic?
Also..it's been a crazy year. Hard one to predict. About all I got right was the bottom 3.
I had the Pies going the 4peat (tipped that in November 2022, it's going well :() but my grown up tip in Feb this year was Port vs Brisbane and us around 6th. I have a feeling that might get up.

Ladder position is irrelevant in the case of beating a team twice in the same H&A season. The thread title says who will be better. Collingwood win the 2024 battle.
Well we all know that Richmond is a better team than Sydney and nothing anyone says will convince me of that logic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

July 12?

You mean before Collingwood had their second won against Carlton, and the gap between them was larger than a single game?
Umm the poster just said if you win two games in the H2H the ladder is irrelevant so why does the gap matter? The poster said Carlton has won it which sounds quite definitive - odd considering that all important 2nd game hadn't been played yet...

Umm the poster just said if you win two games in the H2H the ladder is irrelevant so why does the gap matter? The poster said Carlton has won it which sounds quite definitive - odd considering that all important 2nd game hadn't been played yet...
That's what good analysts do - alter their conclusions when the input data changes.

Not unlike the betting agencies rating Carlton 100 to 1 chances of missing the top 8 two weeks ago, but they now have you at 6 to 1.

Just another instance of you guys failing when trying to pull out historical posts as some kind of gotcha.

Last edited:
That's what good analysts do - alter their conclusions when the input data changes.

Just another instance of you guys failing when trying to pull out historical posts as some kind of gotcha.
I'm not here for gotchas - all year the talk in here has been about the ladder. Remember those rounds where Pies were ahead by 2pts and you lot were flaunting that you were 5 positions ahead on the ladder.

Now suddenly you are behind and it's all about H2H. Hilarious stuff - but not unexpected from posters on here that have proven just to be agenda-driven rather than have the ability than do any sort of real/unbiased analysis.

I'm not here for gotchas - all year the talk in here has been about the ladder. Remember those rounds where Pies were ahead by 2pts and you lot were flaunting that you were 5 positions ahead on the ladder.

Now suddenly you are behind and it's all about H2H. Hilarious stuff - but not unexpected from posters on here that have proven just to be agenda-driven rather than have the ability than do any sort of real/unbiased analysis.
You guys really are desperate for validation, aren't you?

I guess it must be hard to take when your team is the absolute best they've been in over two decades, and there is still doubt over whether they are better than their supposed arch rivals (according to Carlton fans), when the arch rival is having their 18th best season in the same time period...

I guess it must be hard to take when your team is the absolute best they've been in over two decades, and there is still doubt over whether they are better than their supposed arch rivals (according to Carlton fans), when the arch rival is having their 18th best season in the same time period...
I am not concerned with the last two decades for the purposes of this thread which if you check the title is about 2024. If you want to celebrate the fact that you have been better in that time make another thread about the past. Should be real popular...

Validation such as a spreadsheet? And you still weren't number 1 hahaha

I am not concerned with the last two decades for the purposes of this thread which if you check the title is about 2024. If you want to celebrate the fact that you have been better in that time make another thread about the past. Should be real popular...
Just an explanation as to why you guys are so desperate for validation.

I reckon the reality of it being yet another wasted year for Carlton must be hard to take - is it?

Just an explanation as to why you guys are so desperate for validation.

I reckon the reality of it being yet another wasted year for Carlton must be hard to take - is it?
I like how the purpose of this very thread is now about "seeking validation". You didn't seem to have an issue with it in 2022 and 2023

And on your second point I am happy to let the year play out and see where we end up before evaluating our season. I prefer to see all the games through rather than make judgements off one or two games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back