Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair some Blues argued this after last year's finals, when they outlasted higher placed sides Melbourne and Port . Frankly it had some merit, finals is what it's about.
In my opinion the whole point of the H+A season is to put yourself in the best position to win a premiership. The way to do that is to finish as high as possible on the ladder which is supposed to give you an "easier" run in finals either by getting a second chance or simply playing a lower ranked team in an Elimination Final.

However, once that top 8 is set and finals begin the rankings are meaningless - it is all about who advances further in finals. If you finish 5th and advance further than someone who is out in straight sets you had a better season because you got closer to the premiership.

There is still a chance that both teams make the finals this season and in that case I would argue finals should be included. If only one team makes it or neither makes it then we don't have finals to use so it's just H+A.

Either way you are getting a far better representation of the season using that than H2H which is 2 out of 23+ games. And even if you think what I am saying about finals is absolute garbage the H+A season or number of wins or about 300 other metrics are still better than H2H

Last edited:

To be fair some Blues argued this after last year's finals, when they outlasted higher placed sides Melbourne and Port . Frankly it had some merit, finals is what it's about.

Presently Carlton is higher than the Pies and despite the Pies 2-0 hth your case is strong. It's not over though: we could still finish higher and arguably if wee lost a final to youse it would at least square the hth.
We know the season is not over mate but we comment on the current situation and if the Pies finish higher we'll have to adjust.

Carlton fans conveniently ignore the H&A ladder and try to use just 1 game to argue who is better when it suits them, then want to flip back to H&A ladder as soon as it doesn't!!

Blueshakers are consistent in their inconsistency.

Meanwhile, the Pies just keep beating Carlton when it aint a dead rubber for us.
We've won more games than the Pies in the AFL so far in season 2024, is this statement wrong?

Of course the thread title 'who will be BETTER' is open to interpretation.
No it's not, we put up with you telling us through last season how the Pies were 3 games clear on the ladder and playing meaningless games.

Why do you keep lying? No Carlton fan ignored the ladder - you need to finish top 8 to make finals. The claim from Carlton fans (and the Pies fans agreed) was that finals should also be taken into account when both teams made it. In no way is that just going off a couple of games like H2H.
Carlton fans continue to ignore the 2023 ladder, they still pretend they finished top4.

We've won more games than the Pies in the AFL so far in season 2024, is this statement wrong?
Your statement is correct.

Melbourne won more games than Carlton in 2023. This is also a correct statement.

Question for you, if teamA wins more games than teamB, does that mean teamA is the better team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your statement is correct.

Melbourne won more games than Carlton in 2023. This is also a correct statement.

Question for you, if teamA wins more games than teamB, does that mean teamA is the better team?
Definitely not, Pies beat Blues earlier this season with the last kick of the day and Blues had the last kick of the day last game and should of won. Blues are the better team.

Exactly, Carlton fans argued H&A ladder didn't equal better.

So thread is no longer who will finish higher on the H&A ladder. đź‘Ť
Nah mate trying to change the goalposts makes Pie supporters look soft as.

Another favourite term for Carlton supporters:
'Should have' (I prefer to use correct grammar).
I've noticed that when you have nothing you go to your teacher persona.

Definitely not, Pies beat Blues earlier this season with the last kick of the day and Blues had the last kick of the day last game and should of won. Blues are the better team.
Should of....
If....
Next year....

Pies beat Carlton twice again in 2024.

I can barely remember a non dead rubber game where Carlton have beat us. Have to go back to 2017 to find it.

That single game in 2017, is Patty Cripps only actual win against us when the Pies had something to play for!

I've noticed that when you have nothing you go to your teacher persona.
Nah, I just enjoy the standard comments and excuses from the Carlton faithful.

'If'
'Should have'
'Next year'

These are the words posters use when they have nothing.

Meanwhile, Collingwood supporters can use 'Reigning premiers', with Carlton supporters using the 'burn' 'no back to back for you...'

Nah, I just enjoy the standard comments and excuses from the Carlton faithful.

'If'
'Should have'
'Next year'

These are the words posters use when they have nothing.

Meanwhile, Collingwood supporters can use 'Reigning premiers', with Carlton supporters using the 'burn' 'no back to back for you...'
Next season you can call yourselves "Cellar dwellas"

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back