Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ok i know with the injury situation that Carlton probably won't be winning the flag this year.

It's just that Collingwood won't be winning it either and that will do fine for this year!:laughv1:

Who is in a worse place right now, Carlton or Essendon as a supporter base?

Essendon hasn't won a final for something like 8000 days, but Carlton hasn't made a grand final since 1999. If they were unable to make a grand final in next couple of years, you'd think their window is shut... Which would mean not making a grand final for another 10 years as they go to rebuild. What's the longest a team has gone without a GF? When was the last time a team were 4 decades from playing in one?
Dogs went 54 years from 1961 to 2016

I just watched the final 15 minutes šŸ˜‚ Did Collingwood lose to a side that had lost 5 of their last 6 games and a week after said side lost a game by 112 points. šŸ˜‚ And they lost after being 27 points up with 10 minutes to goā€¦..so they ā€œtook the foot off the gasā€ for the second week running? šŸ˜‚

I find it fitting that the Cā€™Wobbles finals dreams are gone thanks to captain couragious Darcy Moore intentionally hitting the ball over the boundary line and from the resulting Swans free kick they kicked the winning goal.

But none of this is fair. I noticed from the last 15 minutes that I watched that Nick Daicos wasnā€™t playing last night. I assume he was late out. Big out!

I just watched the final 15 minutes šŸ˜‚ Did Collingwood lose to a side that had lost 5 of their last 6 games and a week after said side lost a game by 112 points. šŸ˜‚ And they lost after being 27 points up with 10 minutes to goā€¦..so they ā€œtook the foot off the gasā€ for the second week running? šŸ˜‚

I find it fitting that the Cā€™Wobbles finals dreams are gone thanks to captain couragious Darcy Moore intentionally hitting the ball over the boundary line and from the resulting Swans free kick they kicked the winning goal.

But none of this is fair. I noticed from the last 15 minutes that I watched that Nick Daicos wasnā€™t playing last night. I assume he was late out. Big out!
Clutch , they keep telling us , clutch. Please tell me the Collingwood chant went up early in the last ?

Tigers fans trying to troll and be relevant is the funniest part of this thread. Dusty is pretty symbolic of Richmond fans. Great when front running but no where to be found when the sh#% hits the fan. Deserted the sinking ship pretty quick.

Attachments

• IMG_4687.png
    IMG_4687.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

Unfortunately, that is what Carlton has become. Can never get the job done against Collingwood because they choke, so have to rely on other teams for their moment. It's sort of sad to see the Carlton I once knew be what it is today.

Tigers fans trying to troll and be relevant is the funniest part of this thread. Dusty is pretty symbolic of Richmond fans. Great when front running but no where to be found when the sh#% hits the fan. Deserted the sinking ship pretty quick.
Mitchell, Elliott, Howe, Sidebottom, Pendles, Crisp, Mihochek all over thirty and leaving in the next 2 years.

Several core 28 year olds that wonā€™t be around for the next tilt either. Hopefully cuddles Macrae goes the rebuild quickly rather than the top up and go again.

Gotta be happy you snatched a flag in that time with this bunch yarra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell, Elliott, Howe, Sidebottom, Pendles, Crisp, Mihochek all over thirty and leaving in the next 2 years.

Several core 28 year olds that wonā€™t be around for the next tilt either. Hopefully cuddles Macrae goes the rebuild quickly rather than the top up and go again.

Gotta be happy you snatched a flag in that time with this bunch yarra.
Come on you can do better than that. Surely your wooden spoon gives you greater stirring power.

Unfortunately, that is what Carlton has become. Can never get the job done against Collingwood because they choke, so have to rely on other teams for their moment. It's sort of sad to see the Carlton I once knew be what it is today.
Says all this one post after trolling a 3 time Norm Smith medalist, 3 time premiership player, Brownlow medalist, AFL legend and then goes on to troll Richmond for being likely wooden spooners only a few years after they had a period of such dominance that Collingwood themselves havenā€™t had since the 1920ā€™s.

Says all this one post after trolling a 3 time Norm Smith medalist, 3 time premiership player, Brownlow medalist, AFL legend and then goes on to troll Richmond for being likely wooden spooners only a few years after they had a period of such dominance that Collingwood themselves havenā€™t had since the 1920ā€™s.

Not close to trolling Martin. Would not rate him in the top 100 players I have seen. A couple of big seasons and that is it. Trying to compare him to the greats like Matthews who played season after season of high level football is ridiculous. Would probably make the 4th team in the best players I have seen.

Oh i have a grip on reality my friend. It looks we'll be finishing in front of you this year!

We can stick a fork in those Pies now. They're pretty much done.:D
Another poster who doesn't comprehend a Sydney win last night was detrimental to Carlton's slim premiership chances.

But I guess 'contending for finals' is as much as Carlton can expect in the modern, professional era...

Paid the price for a stumbling start to the season.
Fly has had a great impact and managed to pinch a flag, well done to him but with the oppo getting a good 20-25 games to study the game style now and without any new talent coming thru this year teams are more prepared to deal with them.
Daicos having to play more around stoppages, heā€™s a very good player but seems to pull defensive structures outve whack when heā€™s coming thru from behind the square.
Theyā€™ve missed having consistent ball winner this year.
Taylor Adams mightā€™ve had a top 5 BnF at the Pies this year Iā€™d reckon.

Guess weā€™ll see how good a rebuild coach McRae is.

Another poster who doesn't comprehend a Sydney win last night was detrimental to Carlton's slim premiership chances.

But I guess 'contending for finals' is as much as Carlton can expect in the modern, professional era...

Youā€™ll always have some ridiculous angle, but the only thing that matters is there will be no finals for you šŸ˜˜

Come on you can do better than that. Surely your wooden spoon gives you greater stirring power.

I would focus on your own soft club. Tiges are fine. 3 recent flags, many 1st round draft picks coming up. Thanks for your concern.

How soft were some of your boys? Enjoy the break in September šŸ‘

Paid the price for a stumbling start to the season.
Fly has had a great impact and managed to pinch a flag, well done to him but with the oppo getting a good 20-25 games to study the game style now and without any new talent coming thru this year teams are more prepared to deal with them.
Daicos having to play more around stoppages, heā€™s a very good player but seems to pull defensive structures outve whack when heā€™s coming thru from behind the square.
Theyā€™ve missed having consistent ball winner this year.
Taylor Adams mightā€™ve had a top 5 BnF at the Pies this year Iā€™d reckon.

Guess weā€™ll see how good a rebuild coach McRae is.
You do realise that Collingwood had a shorter pre season than everyone else , and that they can re set for 2025 with a healthier list ?
cat tongue GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back