Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not close to trolling Martin. Would not rate him in the top 100 players I have seen. A couple of big seasons and that is it.

It would be hard for Dusty to get into your top 100 when that list probably contains 83 Collingwood players. So it’s not really the grand statement you think it is.

Trying to compare him to the greats like Matthews who played season after season of high level football is ridiculous. Would probably make the 4th team in the best players I have seen.

I don’t know if anyone has actually done that.

Last edited:

You do realise that Collingwood had a shorter pre season than everyone else , and that they can re set for 2025 with a healthier list ?
cat tongue GIF
It was the shortest pre-season in the history of the AFL, it’s a catch 22 I reckon. You need an older list usually to win a flag but those old boys need the most recovery between seasons.

I reckon if they hadn’t of buggered up the Treloar and Grundy contracts they would’ve had the dough to throw at Cameron.
…might have had themselves a dynasty.

I can understand Collingwood doing the wobble last night - they played their GF last week and were tired - and Sydney had the benefit of only being behind by 27 points half way through the last quarter - and knowing that Carlton should have won last week coming back from 35 down in the last quarter.

Oh well - Collingwood still in the hunt to beat Carlton in H&A games mathematically possible - don't give up Collingwooders! Also could be a draw too - I bet there are some good probabilities someone can pull out of their backsides to post. 😂

tic
tock

I can understand Collingwood doing the wobble last night - they played their GF last week and were tired - and Sydney had the benefit of only being behind by 27 points half way through the last quarter - and knowing that Carlton should have won last week coming back from 35 down in the last quarter.

Oh well - Collingwood still in the hunt to beat Carlton in H&A games mathematically possible - don't give up Collingwooders! Also could be a draw too - I bet there are some good probabilities someone can pull out of their backsides to post. 😂

tic
tock

A bit generous to the wobblers.

1723242145778.jpeg

Craig McRae says I want our players to be disappointed to lose but not ‘act like losers’.. well he had the body language of a loser in the press conference 🤣

'Should have'
'If'
'Next Year'
Dont conflate the obvious Carlton were the better team last week and unlucky losers; with

the "IF" other teams do this and that Collingwood might finish higher than Carlton
OR
the much more likely

"Next year Collingwood will be betta"

😂 😂 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, that is what Carlton has become. Can never get the job done against Collingwood because they choke, so have to rely on other teams for their moment. It's sort of sad to see the Carlton I once knew be what it is today.
Funny, I dont see it as sad that we are in the 8 and your rabble arent making finals after a pathetic choke

It would be hard for Dusty to get into your top 100 when that list probably contains 83 Collingwood players. So it’s not really the grand statement you think it is.

I don’t know if anyone has actually done that.

Actually my top 100 would contain 5 Collingwood players but nice try

I'll add than to the every growing list.

Look Fudgey - you can focus on teh coming draft period and the refresh-the-list opportunity that Collingwood will have ...oh wait....

hmm

ok what about this- the older players will enjoy a long break and refresh to be really fit for the start of teh 2025 season...

hmm

they will of course be older again....

ok think about this...

all that depth your mob has coming through the VFL team ( checks results) ...oh wait...

LOL

Because I think our relationship has taken a turn for the worse. Who are they?

Genuinely asking.

I think our relationship is perfect. I like all the Blues supporters in here but except one who has been rampant this morning and is an obvious troll. You I like.

Peter Daicos
Scott Pendlebury
Nathan Buckley
Billy Picken
Len Thompson

John Greening (unfortunately an act of cowardice robbed Collingwood of its greatest player ever) I predict would have been too 10) but unfortunately have to leave him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back