Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was referring to not being included in the list of biggest protagonists.

But on your point, it looks like you’re not the only one around here with a social life 😂
Unfortunately my social life stood in the way of being able to watch today's game beyond the first quarter.

Might have to stream it during the week for the LOLs...

Unfortunately my social life stood in the way of being able to watch today's game beyond the first quarter.

I’m sure you’d get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Here’s my summary if you don’t get around to it though:

The Simpsons GIF

Carlton fans need to take a look at themselves.

This is a club that has shown they crumble under expectation.

A glimmer of success and the fans started gobbing off.

Most of these supporters weren’t alive the last time Carlton bought a flag.

Why? They've been the first ones to question where all the Collingwood folk are immediately after a loss.

'Respond in kind' and all that...
It was already stated above that two of the posters you are talking about can't reply as they have been suspended - hope to have them back soon because they make this thread worth coming back to

"Better" just feels far too positive a way to describe either side in 2024. Especially when you factor in how significantly worse both sides have been coming off a premiership and prelim the year before.

Too many injury prone players on our team, lack of key position defenders and pace is an issue as well.

Vossy is also not the best tactically he needs some help there imo, but Collingwood under Malthouse went from back to back grand finalists to almost winning the spoon in 2005.

We beat them to that spoon!:laughv1: Who knows we might still make the finals, but sometimes you have to go backwards before you move forwards. This footy club is still in a good place imo.

Carlton played their GF against the Dirty Birds, and we got em again.

Poor Blueshakes are too mentally fragile to regroup after another loss to the Pies.
No our goose was cooked long before you beat us last week. We're carrying too many injury plagued players imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton fans need to take a look at themselves.

This is a club that has shown they crumble under expectation.

A glimmer of success and the fans started gobbing off.
We have crumbled because we can't keep our best players fit for whatever reason.

I find being the subject of ridicule from supporters of a club, who haven't won as much as half a dozen flags in the last almost seventy years to be pretty amusing.

It's a bit like watching a dog standing up and attempting to walk on it's hind paws. It's amusing at first but it kind of gets boring pretty quickly.:laughv1:

I find being the subject of ridicule from supporters of a club, who haven't won as much as half a dozen flags in the last almost seventy years to be pretty amusing.

It's a bit like watching a dog standing up and attempting to walk on it's hind paws. It's amusing at first but it kind of gets boring pretty quickly.:laughv1:
Here we go.... straight from the CArr0w playbook.

You want me to calculate the probability of Carlton's current 29 year premiership drought extending to 70 years?

And now we're at the 'there's more to life than footy' stage...
We probably won't be winning the flag and we possibly will miss the finals as well, but as long as you don't make the finals then all is good.

We want you lot swimming in the gutter with us as well!:laughv1:

Here we go.... straight from the CArr0w playbook.

You want me to calculate the probability of Carlton's current 29 year premiership drought extending to 70 years?
Tell me mate where exactly are the Pies situated in the eight?

All good. Muzza said it's just injuries that will cost them the flag.

Five in game injuries and no De Koning who'll be back soon, you would have to say it was a moral victory for Carlton.

Tell me mate where exactly are the Pies situated in the eight?
The Pies haven't been building and rebuilding for over two decades, to finally have their absolute best team over that time, and still miss the top 8...

The 2024 version of Collingwood is probably our 12th best list, and 16th best performed season in that same time period.

The Pies haven't been building and rebuilding for over two decades, to finally have their absolute best team over that time, and still miss the top 8...

The 2024 version of Collingwood is probably our 12th best list, and 16th best performed season in that same time period.
Just answer the question mate.

I will wait until we have a season that wasn't ravaged by injuries before judging this Carlton team.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back